Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #281
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Just when you think the Mavs are going to get on a pretty good winning streak, they lose two games at home, losing all momentum before they go on a road trip...This could get ugly...
Old 02-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #282
Bhzrd543

Bhzrd543 has a spectacular aura aboutBhzrd543 has a spectacular aura about

roddy roddy roddy.......I would like to see kidd (minus his 3 point attempts) back on this squad with dirk asap....

and can someone please tell me why RC chose to go to dirk with practically 4 minutes left in the game????!!!!!!!
Bhzrd543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #283
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Once again, everybody but 2 players sucked tonight. Tired legs maybe?
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #284
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

Our 2 french guys have played like crap the last few games...looks like Roddy still has a long way to go and I would like to see Wright get some of ian's minutes..
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #285
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

By the way....Indiana looks good...They are quickly becoming a pretty good team. The Eastern Conference is stacked...
Old 02-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #286
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Glad to see dirk back.... even if it was only for one game....
Theme alert.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #287
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Carlisle shouldn't have ring. His rotation always was terrible. Dirk in form of god of basketball won title for this team.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #288
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Carlisle shouldn't have ring. His rotation always was terrible. Dirk in form of god of basketball won title for this team.
Talk about an overreaction...
Old 02-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #289
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Vince is our best passer besides Kidd by far. West and Terry won't stop chucking. I really hope that Kidd-Carter is the starting backcourt. We'd have the much better entries to Dirk in the post rather that Terry-Roddy-West bullcrap.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #290
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie E View Post
Our 2 french guys have played like crap the last few games...looks like Roddy still has a long way to go and I would like to see Wright get some of ian's minutes..
Yup
Ian has been AWOL since he missed the 2 free throws against San Antonio.
Roddy jump shot has went back to Guadalupe. And he went off the deep end after missing that dunk tonight.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #291
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else done with Odom? I want his ass gone yesterday!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #292
Bhzrd543

Bhzrd543 has a spectacular aura aboutBhzrd543 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
there is some truth to that lol ...i feel that in the playoffs much of the games that dallas will play will be through dirk again, especially in the 4th quarter....and you can never go wrong with that when he is on form like he was tonight....I cant see this team doing anything else unless terry or vince are on point

hopefully RC realizes to give the ball to dirk before the 4 minute mark when we are down by double digits
Bhzrd543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #293
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
Dirks line - 27 Pts 8 Rebs 3 Assts
Dirks game line 30 pts 7 Rebs 2 Assts - Dang I'm good.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #294
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
I hope those Kidd haters now realize how important he is to us.
this
some1nw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #295
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

i died laughing when they ran Dirk offensively with ~5min left inthe 4th quarter
some1nw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #296
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What a dumb cluck.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #297
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Dammit Roddy
I didn't get to see a replay but it looked like roddy had wright on the break and pulled up for a jumper. Is that what happened, I mean wright is going over anyone not hibbert on the pacers.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #298

1984 is on a distinguished road

1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #299
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1nw View Post
i died laughing when they ran Dirk offensively with ~5min left inthe 4th quarter
He seriously needs to get more touches through out the game, so we don't end up down by double digits then have to feed him the ball when its too late.

Seems like RC enjoys ball movement and doesn't want to have to go to Dirk every possession, but damn the offense needs to go through him to draw doubles that can then create open shots. I watch other teams play and all of them run the ball through their best player the majority of the time, but not the Mavs. would just like to see Dirk get an even amount of touches throughout the game. He must have been wearing the cape of invisibility tht whole 3rd quarter.

Glad to see Dirk have a big night.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:03 AM   #300
4Dirk1Nowitzki

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
He really needs to stop doing tht dropping his head driving to the basket followed by a wild shot or bad pass leading to a TO thing he keeps doing.

He also holds onto the ball too long and takes small dribbles towards his defender stopping the offense. He needs to keep the ball moving and let his teammates find him for a quality shot when hes open or cutting to the basket.

Last edited by 4Dirk1Nowitzki; 02-04-2012 at 03:03 AM.
4Dirk1Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #301
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
He really needs to stop doing tht dropping his head driving to the basket followed by a wild shot or bad pass leading to a TO thing he keeps doing.

He also holds onto the ball too long and takes small dribbles towards his defender stopping the offense. He needs to keep the ball moving and let his teammates find him for a quality shot when hes open or cutting to the basket.
I just don't have a lot of knowledge about him, what exactly is he good at, distributing the ball? His moves to the basket are weak, his outside shot is too flat to be consistent. Rebounds, defense? What?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #302
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

He is good at being overrated. A 2nd Toine Walker...point forward...my ass.

Wright > Odom

Last edited by markus1234; 02-04-2012 at 09:22 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #303
ibivibiv

ibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Me, I would rather see Wright or Yi pick up some minutes. I am over the Odom experiment myself. At least those other 2 shake up the play some. Odom just stands around a lot and then bricks or turns over. He has some good defensive plays and a good game every once in a great while, but we have a "deep team" as they keep saying. Use it. Just because he played great for L.A. doesn't mean he should have a guaranteed spot on the floor on our team every game.
ibivibiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #304
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
He is good at being overrated. A 2nd Toine Walker...point forward...my ass.
The difference is that Walker actually had a fair amount of games where he was decent. Odom has been "good" maybe once or twice so far this season. I'll give Odom the benefit this game since he was sick with a stomach virus the game before, but one or two more of these and it's time to play someone else.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #305
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibivibiv View Post
Me, I would rather see Wright or Yi pick up some minutes. I am over the Odom experiment myself. At least those other 2 shake up the play some. Odom just stands around a lot and then bricks or turns over. He has some good defensive plays and a good game every once in a great while, but we have a "deep team" as they keep saying. Use it. Just because he played great for L.A. doesn't mean he should have a guaranteed spot on the floor on our team every game.
Lamar isnt guaranteed squat and neither yi nor wright would have been good replacements for a good bit of the time he was out there. Rc was trying to play him at some 3 with dirk/center.

Odom just doesn't play with enough force.

Tags
bring the horse !, dammit horse, kneejerk