Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #1
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road
Default Did you see Dirk's steal from Kobe??

Muahahahahahaahah.... what a highlight.

I am sorry but if Dirk has "zero defense", I don't think he would have the ability to steal from the so-called Best Ball Handler in the league. LOL

No offense on Kobe but Dirk was freaking cool to steal from Kobe and then went for a dunk...and Kobe fell or something. Oh, that was embarrasing as hell.

Great Win! Keep it up. Mavs is now #4. Mavs should go for #3 so they don't meet Kings AGAIN. I am just freaking tired of meeting Kings in the first round.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2005, 10:01 AM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: Did you see Dirk's steal from Kobe??

To be #3, they have to beat out the Spurs. The only way that will happen is if the Mavs continue to play on this level for an extended period of time and Dirk gets back in a groove.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA Fastbreak crew certainly got a kick out of it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:17 AM   #4
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

A 7 footer guarding the league's best one-on-one player outside the 3pt arc, gets a steal, dribbles the ball full-court while out-running the guard... takes a foul, completes a thunderous dunk, hangs on to the rim for a second or two and coolly gets down to complete the 3pt play.

That play has a good shot at ending up as one of my most memorable ever. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #5
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

does anybody have video of his steal?
I'd die to see it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #6
Romus

Romus is infamous around these partsRomus is infamous around these parts
Default RE:Did you see Dirk's steal from Kobe??

Me too I/d die to see it !!!!
Romus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:14 PM   #7
jibikao

Hahahaha, I saw it while watching Suns' game last night.

It was like... was that Dirk?? He looks soooo tall!!!

Seems like the whole arena was on fire last night. What a great win. Too bad the game wasn't on TNT/ESPN/ABC.

Actually, I think Mavs will be #3. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sonics should fall short a bit (but they are still contenders). Spurs moves to #2 and Mavs moves to #3 and Kings to #4. I want Sonics to be #7 so they can fight against Spurs and they may have the best chance to kick out Spurs in the first round!!

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
Old 01-06-2005, 06:16 PM   #8
jibikao

Oh wait, I think what's funnier is Kobe fell and hurt himself or something like that... by the replay.

And Dirk hanging on the rim??? Damn, I like it! It's worth getting a T to drive the crowd wild.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
Old 01-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Yea, for one night Kobe was a bigger joke then he was this offseason. Everybody was getting a kick out of it.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #10
frosty

frosty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: jibikao
Hahahaha, I saw it while watching Suns' game last night.

It was like... was that Dirk?? He looks soooo tall!!!

Seems like the whole arena was on fire last night. What a great win. Too bad the game wasn't on TNT/ESPN/ABC.

Actually, I think Mavs will be #3. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sonics should fall short a bit (but they are still contenders). Spurs moves to #2 and Mavs moves to #3 and Kings to #4. I want Sonics to be #7 so they can fight against Spurs and they may have the best chance to kick out Spurs in the first round!!

Jimmy
Both the Mav's and the Spur's cannot occupy 2 of the top 3 conference spots. The top 3 are held for the leaders of each division, no matter how bad there record may be. To get i nthe top 3 we have to beat out the Spurs, which is still a possibility.
frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I expect the Mavs to take the Midwest Division.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:53 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Both the Mav's and the Spur's cannot occupy 2 of the top 3 conference spots. The top 3 are held for the leaders of each division, no matter how bad there record may be. To get i nthe top 3 we have to beat out the Spurs, which is still a possibility.

You know this new playoff system is really kinda weird to me imo. So you have the top 3 conference leaders and then the NEXT best team will be 4th. It seems to me that there will probably be a number 4 team better than one of the conference champs almost every year. So almost every year you would have the first place team playing something better than the 4th placed team, conceivably the second best team in the second round.

For example this year I expect the mavs will catch seattle probably but will be 4th. So the best team would play probably the second/third best team in the second round.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:32 AM   #13
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The format does help mix up the playoffs, but homecourt is still decided by regular season record. If nothing else the better team will have homecourt regardless.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:27 PM   #14
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Old 01-07-2005, 12:41 PM   #15
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:

You know this new playoff system is really kinda weird to me imo. So you have the top 3 conference leaders and then the NEXT best team will be 4th. It seems to me that there will probably be a number 4 team better than one of the conference champs almost every year. So almost every year you would have the first place team playing something better than the 4th placed team, conceivably the second best team in the second round.

For example this year I expect the mavs will catch seattle probably but will be 4th. So the best team would play probably the second/third best team in the second round.
the top 8 teams should make it...not this bs with the division winners..the winner among the teams in the ny,nj division will be a 3 seed with a .500 record..it's going to be pathetic
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #16
jibikao

Mmmmmm.... I can't say I like NBA playoff system.

If Mavs loses to Spurs again, that means the highest Mavs can go is #4 which also means Mavs will be highly possible to play against Kings again in the first round.

For God's sake, I am soooooooooooooooooo tired of this matchup.

I think the playoff system we have now benefits the Eastern teams way too much. Obviously many non-playoff teams in the West are better than a lot of playoff teams in the East. West Confernece Final is like the NBA final to many people like last year's Lakers VS Spurs.
I know Lakers wasn't that good but my point is I am getting tired of the same matchup over and over again.

Why can't they scramble East and West together in the playoff rather than in the Final?? I brought this up because I think it will be more interesting to see an "unexpected" playoff matchups like Mavs VS Magic or Spurs VS Pistons. Unexpected matchup may produce unexpected results. Maybe I am just so freaking tired of Spurs...

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com