Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
dizzledazzle
Banned

dizzledazzle is infamous around these parts
Default Goodbye, Mavs

After watching the Mavs lose last nights game, completing one of the biggest chokes/upsets/meltdowns of a #1 seed, I couldn't help but think of the consequences this would have on the Mavs organization.

Mark Cuban and his look of resignation from the sidelines, realizing that investing in the Mavs was probably one of the worst and least profitable investments of his successful business Career.

A franchise player who rolled over and died during every game of the series. Dirk is not a champion and does not have the heart to take his team on his shoulders and carry them to victory like a champion must (don't hate Baron because he's got this and Dirk don't). In all honesty, Dirk is soft. He is afraid to body anybody up, afraid to take the ball to the basket, afraid to be the guy to make things happen. If he wins the MVP it will be a joke. Unfortunately it is all too likely to happen.

All I could think whiel watching the Warriors celebrate their first playoff victory in god knows how many years was, whats going to happen to this organization? The dejected looks on the face of the players, coaches and of course, Mark Cuban said it all. This team is going to disintegrate and by the looks of it your best years are behind you.

I almost feel bad, but it is the Mavs and Mark Cuban and my team is on its way to the Western Semis. GG Dallas. Don't be mad, you knew your team was Garbo. As for me, I'm a wonderer. As with all good things they must come to an end and it's time for me to leave this board and head on over to the Jazz/Rockets board where I'm going to crawl, lurk , and let their fans know whats coming to them.

I told you not to mess with the Yay, son.
dizzledazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Mark Cuban and his look of resignation from the sidelines, realizing that investing in the Mavs was probably one of the worst and least profitable investments of his successful business Career.
Trust me man. I am not the only person who will stop reading right there. You're sorely misinformed about money.
DevinFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzledazzle
After watching the Mavs lose last nights game, completing one of the biggest chokes/upsets/meltdowns of a #1 seed, I couldn't help but think of the consequences this would have on the Mavs organization.

A franchise player who rolled over and died during every game of the series. Dirk is not a champion and does not have the heart to take his team on his shoulders and carry them to victory like a champion must (don't hate Baron because he's got this and Dirk don't). In all honesty, Dirk is soft. He is afraid to body anybody up, afraid to take the ball to the basket, afraid to be the guy to make things happen. If he wins the MVP it will be a joke. Unfortunately it is all too likely to happen.

All I could think whiel watching the Warriors celebrate their first playoff victory in god knows how many years was, whats going to happen to this organization? The dejected looks on the face of the players, coaches and of course, Mark Cuban said it all. This team is going to disintegrate and by the looks of it your best years are behind you.

I almost feel bad, but it is the Mavs and Mark Cuban and my team is on its way to the Western Semis. GG Dallas. Don't be mad, you knew your team was Garbo. As for me, I'm a wonderer. As with all good things they must come to an end and it's time for me to leave this board and head on over to the Jazz/Rockets board where I'm going to crawl, lurk , and let their fans know whats coming to them.

Dude don't be a dik. While I have absolutely zero love loss for the Mavs your post series smack talk is lame. I wouldn't rag on the Mavs organization without looking at the inept one you follow. It's great that you guys won but at least act like you've won before.....oh wait you haven't..

Last edited by George Gervin; 05-04-2007 at 10:43 AM.
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

For every troll that comes and goes, we should raffle off their vCash.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You're not going to have much fun on the next board. Unlike this team, those teams are designed to punish you. You might be lucky enough to survive to Game 6.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #6
dizzledazzle
Banned

dizzledazzle is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinFuture
Trust me man. I am not the only person who will stop reading right there. You're sorely misinformed about money.
I know that Cuban has been THROWING money at this organization to try to buy a championship. He may be making some money but his inability to bring a championship to Dallas after so many promising opportunities is leaving a bad impression on fans. Dallas fans are already fickle. When you're expecting to win you can't afford to lose. This loss last night marked a significant decrease in the potential profitability of the Mavs. Thats all I'm saying.
dizzledazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

oh for god sakes, who cares? ya know, true mavs fans are a fan of basketball and the fan of the mavs. no matter if they go 0-82 next year, I will still be a fan. the mavs had some of the darkest years before dirk. my god, we've been a 50+ and 60+ win team for several seasons now. isn't that something? you act like every other team in the league has gotten over the hump and won a championship, that is WRONG. EVERY god damn team has it's problems, some more than others. even with the mavs not playing well, if the warriors did not make every single damn circus three pointer, than we would had won probably. they were on fire. they had to have shattered bunches of records with there extremely high shooting percentage in this series. in a way, i hope they continue they're on fire-ness so they beat the next team. then people will actually give credit to the warriors. the warriors kicked so much ass. with that being said, I do think something has to change next year. but i've said things need to change for a while. we have a great bunch of guys but still need some changes until we can take that next step.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #8
Thizzey Marley
Banned

Thizzey Marley has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I told you guys from the begining of the series that dirk was soft and would choke against us more times than he succeeded, this was under a different name though as I was wrongfully banned

Last edited by Thizzey Marley; 05-04-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Thizzey Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #9
Thizzey Marley
Banned

Thizzey Marley has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
oh for god sakes, who cares? ya know, true mavs fans are a fan of basketball and the fan of the mavs. no matter if they go 0-82 next year, I will still be a fan. the mavs had some of the darkest years before dirk. my god, we've been a 50+ and 60+ win team for several seasons now. isn't that something? you act like every other team in the league has gotten over the hump and won a championship, that is WRONG. EVERY god damn team has it's problems, some more than others. even with the mavs not playing well, if the warriors did not make every single damn circus three pointer, than we would had won probably. they were on fire. they had to have shattered bunches of records with there extremely high shooting percentage in this series. in a way, i hope they continue they're on fire-ness so they beat the next team. then people will actually give credit to the warriors. the warriors kicked so much ass. with that being said, I do think something has to change next year. but i've said things need to change for a while. we have a great bunch of guys but still need some changes until we can take that next step.

yes we did make some circus threes, but we also dominated you in every win except game 4... one or 2 lucky 3's would not have mattered in the other games :

Game 1...won by 12
Game 3... won by 17(i think it was)
Game 6...won by 25
Thizzey Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:33 PM   #10
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thizzey Marley
I told you guys from the begining of the series that dirk was soft and would choke against us more times than he succeeded, this was under a different name though as I was wrongfully banned
You should have taken a hint. You've yet to contribute a single useful thought to this board.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #11
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

turns out...your drunk
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #12
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thizzey Marley
One time I caught my parents doing it in bed... then I joined in.

Last edited by aexchange Today at 1:41PM
Figures.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:31 PM   #13
Mavfreak

Mavfreak will become famous soon enoughMavfreak will become famous soon enough

I believe Cuban has made money with the team, however, IMHO he did not buy the Mavs for making money. He's is a hoops nut like, like most of us are, who wants to be an owner, more as a hobby than a livelihood. We, the fans, have benefited by his ownership. The Mavericks were the lowest, and least respected team in the league before Cuban bought in. We've had glimpses of greatness, and fine entertainment for several years now. The other teams are well aware of what the team can do when they are in sync. Unfortunately, they peaked too early and they we're struggling when the series began. The shooting exhibited by the Warriors was extraordinary and demoralizing to our team, and the die hard Mav fans. What did Dirk have to do with the cloudburst of three pointers from the Oakland gang? Nada. Granted, the big guy had a lackluster performance, but so did the other players. Give Golden State some credit for their outstanding play. Upon finding out the first round match ups, I did feel a bit queasy over Dallas' opponent. It's just one of those things. Don't throw Dirk, Howard, and the rest of team under the bus because they got stomped by a very good team. That 8th seed jive means little at this stage. Dampier was supposed to be the stud in the middle of this lineup, but he was not productive. Diop is still a youngster, and he's afraid to shoot. There are so many facets to the meltdown it's no use pointing fingers. If the Team make a bunch of changes, next year will be a start over. We need to get a team together and stick it out until they win something. The biggest blunder Cuban ever made was underrating Steve Nash. Steve and Dirk had it down pat and came very close to winning the west. When Nash left, Dirk lost his best friend, mentor, and confidant. All the money in the world won't buy a bond like that.
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #14
enervate

enervate will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
For every troll that comes and goes, we should raffle off their vCash.
yes that's a great idea..
enervate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #15
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinFuture
Yeah, are you forgetting about HDNET? Cuban's had plenty of failures.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:14 AM   #16
cursing

cursing is on a distinguished road
Default I am crying

Before the TV
I cry.
IF Dirk cried? I hope not
cursing is offline   Reply With Quote