Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-24-2022, 11:30 PM   #1
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t see why we aren’t allowed to be a little upset about nearly blowing a 29 point lead. On a basketball forum in the game thread. I’m very happy about the win, this team never lies down.

Aside from that, I feel horrible about what happened. I remember exactly where I was for Sandy Hook and kinda just laid in bed for days watching the coverage. It’s sickening what continues to happen
Old 05-24-2022, 11:46 PM   #2
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Don’t see why we aren’t allowed to be a little upset about nearly blowing a 29 point lead. On a basketball forum in the game thread. I’m very happy about the win, this team never lies down.

Aside from that, I feel horrible about what happened. I remember exactly where I was for Sandy Hook and kinda just laid in bed for days watching the coverage. It’s sickening what continues to happen
Definitely upset about blowing the lead. I didn’t want to be nervous in the 4th quarter of a game they started out with a 29 point lead. The coach/team need to learn from this. Never take your foot off the pedal — whoever is in the game. The 2011 Mavs were a perfect example of this mentality. In game 6 of the finals, even with the game/championship basically decided, it seemed like the whole team was wired to play to the 0:00 before even thinking about being relieved and happy about winning a championship.

Having said that, I’m very glad the Mavs didn’t get swept. Now it’s time to try to steal one in Golden State and put pressure on them to finish the series in Dallas.

Regarding the school shooting, just absolutely devastating. As a father of three elementary kids, it breaks my heart to see something like this happen. I can’t imagine what the families of all those affected by this tragedy are feeling. Just terrible
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 11:50 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nobody likes blowing a lead, but that only really matters if you lose. In fact, still pulling out the win shows grit and that is what contenders do. We could have just blown it and gotten swept. But winning in this fashion actually helps a team grow a lot more IMO.

I honestly think we win the next one because of it.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:51 AM   #4
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Nobody likes blowing a lead, but that only really matters if you lose. In fact, still pulling out the win shows grit and that is what contenders do. We could have just blown it and gotten swept. But winning in this fashion actually helps a team grow a lot more IMO.

I honestly think we win the next one because of it.
I agree with you. While the meltdown did aggravate me, Kidd and the team should learn from it. It's not necessarily a bad thing for the team to experience that pucker factor of almost getting washed out due to slacking off. It's not something you want to do on purpose, but the lesson could serve them very well. If anything, they know that there is practically no safe lead against the Warriors. Bottom line - we won... NEXT!
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 01:18 PM   #5
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

On a positive spin to it luckily the Mavs were up by 29 points this time as opposed to 19 points like in game 2 because then we aren't even talking about a game 5 I'm guessing.

Much like you I'll take the win but it's awfully alarming that for the 2nd time you nearly blew a huge lead because of the same issues you blew this type of lead in game 2

They lost focus and stopped doing what they did to get the lead in the 1st place.

I simply don't feel good about game 5 on the road like most do but hey maybe after those two situations the Mavs will take that experience like some have said on here and put it to better use in game 5.

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-25-2022 at 01:19 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote