Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #441
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I want your job

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #442
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard Zach Thomas on a Ticket Ticker....he sounds like a 58 year old chain smoker...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #443
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
Is an extended recap available somewhere ?
Watch highlights from the Philadelphia vs. Dallas game.

T.O. moves into 2nd on TD receptions list as Cowboys win shootout with Eagles

IRVING, Texas -- Lead change after lead change, spectacular play after spectacular play, head-slapper after head-slapper, the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles played a game Monday night that was more gripping than many movies.

A good ol' fashioned Western, Tony Romo called it.

"It's a good thing we were Clint Eastwood," he said, smiling after the 41-37 victory.

There were the highs of a long touchdown pass to Terrell Owens and a longer kickoff return by Felix Jones. The lows of back-to-back flubs by Romo that gave Philadelphia touchdowns 14 seconds apart. And that was just the first 17 minutes.

Then came Eagles rookie DeSean Jackson losing a touchdown because he flicked the ball backward before crossing the goal line, Donovan McNabb showing the fancy footwork of his youth and Brian Westbrook scoring twice on runs, once on a catch, only to have the McNabb-Westbrook connection go wrong on a fourth-quarter handoff.

When it was done -- after Marion Barber's second second-half touchdown and after the Dallas defense snuffed a reception followed by two laterals -- the Cowboys came away with a win in their final home opener at Texas Stadium, and the highest-scoring of the 98 games between these teams.

"We know that no game is going to be perfect," Owens said. "There's going to be interceptions, fumbles, missed assignments by everyone. But as a team, we came to play tonight. Offensively, defensively, I think everyone stepped up when they needed to."

Romo was 21-of-30 for 312 yards with three touchdowns, plus an interception and a lost fumble that came on consecutive snaps, taking Dallas from near-breakout to near-breakdown.

"We kept believing in each other," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. "Everyone said 'Hey, hang in there, we're going to come out on top,' and we did!"

Philadelphia, coming off an impressive romp in its opener, went from trailing 14-6 to leading 30-21 just before halftime. The Eagles were still up 37-31 after Westbrook's third score, early in the fourth quarter, but his fumble on the next series led to the seventh and final lead change.

"These were two great teams going at it," McNabb said. "There are a lot of positives we can take from this game. But that's not important right now. What we need to do is focus on the working on the negatives. That's going to make us a better team."

This was the rare September game that will linger in the memory of anyone who saw it. For anyone who didn't, think back to Romo's big comeback in Buffalo on a Monday night last year, or to Romo's playoff goof in Seattle two years ago, or McNabb's great escape on a scramble four years ago or even Leon Lett's premature touchdown celebration in the January 1993 Super Bowl. This game had plays reminiscent of all those, most in the first half.

"It was one of the best games I've not only seen, but been a part of," Cowboys linebacker Bradie James said.

Owens had 89 yards on three catches, including a 72-yard touchdown on Dallas' first series that he punctuated with the kind of arm-flapping celebration he used to do for Philadelphia, and a 4-yard touchdown. His first TD moved him into second place on the NFL's career receiving touchdown list; he finished at 132, well behind Jerry Rice's record of 197.

"It doesn't matter what they say about me now," Owens said. "The Lord has obviously blessed me with a lot of talent."

T.O. didn't catch a pass in the second half, but took pride in opening the middle for tight end Jason Witten, who caught seven passes for 110 yards. He had a 42-yarder to set up a 51-yard field goal before halftime, then a 32-yarder on the game-winning drive. Witten did most of his damage with a shoulder separated in the first half. Dallas also lost safety Roy Williams to a broken right arm.

McNabb was 25-of-37 for 281 yards with a touchdown and four sacks, two on the final series. He also matched Ron Jaworski's club mark of 175 career TD passes.

Jackson caught six passes for 110 yards, becoming only the second player in NFL history to open his career with consecutive 100-yard games. The other was Don Looney, also for Philadelphia, in 1940.

Westbrook ran 18 times for 58 yards for two touchdowns, and caught six passes for 45 yards and another score.

"We came so close," tight end L.J. Smith said. "We knew it would be a tough battle. To lose like this hurts."

This game was destined to be different when the opening kickoff went out of bounds between the 1-yard line and the pylon.

The long scores by Owens and Jones, then a great pass breakup by rookie Mike Jenkins got the old stadium rocking. Then it got quiet real fast.

Romo avoided a sack, then made the kind of "impulse play" former coach Bill Parcells hated, resulting in an interception. Westbrook scored on a short screen, cutting Dallas' lead to one point.

The Cowboys fumbled the kickoff, recovered at the 5, then got pushed back by a false start. Romo lost the ball three times on the next snap and Philadelphia's Chris Gocong landed on it in the end zone for a touchdown.

Dallas came right back with another long kickoff return by Jones and another TD by Owens.

Next came Jackson's early celebration of a long touchdown. The Cowboys challenged and, with all the extra cameras for a Monday night game, officials easily found an angle that showed him letting go too soon. Using similar logic to the controversial fumble-whistled-dead in the Broncos-Chargers game Sunday, the ball was put at the 1 and Westbrook scored on the next play.

The unbelievable part of Jackson's goof: He did it before. In a 2005 high school all-star game, Jackson spread his arms for a swan dive into the end zone, only to land at the 1.

McNabb kept the next drive alive by somehow breaking free from linebacker Greg Ellis and running for 10 yards. McNabb came away smiling and dancing. After another run that took five defenders to drop him, Philadelphia kicked a 22-yard field goal to go up 30-21 with 45 seconds left until halftime.

Plenty of time, in other words, for Dallas to get within 30-24.

The Cowboys went ahead on a 17-yard touchdown catch by Barber midway through the third quarter. The Eagles came right back, with McNabb overcoming a second-and-21 by scooting out of two near collisions, avoiding an ankle tackle and zipping the football like a fast-pitch softball to Westbrook. The drive ended with Westbrook churning into the end zone for his third touchdown and a 37-31 lead.

Want an encore? Well, the teams meet again in Philadelphia. In the season finale.

Game notes
The 54 first-half points were second-most in a Monday night game. ... The Cowboys hadn't had a kickoff returned for a touchdown in the regular season since Randal Williams did it, also against Philadelphia, in 2003. ... Owens also broke a tie with Cris Carter for the second-most games with multiple touchdowns.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-16-2008 at 01:51 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #444
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

eh good news. The Witten injury occurred during the game and he want out and played the second half so it must have been minor. They said it was a shoulder sprain but he should be set to go next Sunday.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #445
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Bolt gracefully finishes the race.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #446
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Fine !

When i remember a Final with the Ravens. some years ago..., i saw a recap but only 5 minutes and rather small pic.

Great !
Old 09-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #447
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Just heard Zach Thomas on a Ticket Ticker....he sounds like a 58 year old chain smoker...
Shouting over 65,000 screaming fans will do that to your voice....

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #448
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default best news of the season!

Roy Williams Out 3-4 Weeks With Broken Arm

link

IRVING, Texas - Cowboys safety Roy Williams could miss several weeks with a fractured forearm he suffered in the third quarter of Monday night's win against the Philadelphia Eagles.

He returned to the sidelines for the end of the game with his right arm heavily wrapped. Team doctors said Williams would undergo surgery Tuesday morning to implant a plate and screws in the forearm to stabilize the fracture. The procedure is similar to one performed on former Cowboys safety turned cornerback Pete Hunter in 2002. Hunter missed about a month, but could have probably played three weeks after surgery, doctors said. Players tend to be hesitant to tackle coming back from the surgery, fearing re-injury to the arm, they said.

Williams had been demoted to first and second down duty in the team's base defense because of his problems in deep coverage. On Monday, Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson split he and cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones for a 60-yard gain.

In six-plus seasons, Williams has missed just one game, a Dec. 22, 2007 affair in Carolina while serving a one-game suspension for repeated "Horse Collar" tackles. He started every game since his rookie year in 2002 until last season, when twice teams forced him off the field by using extra receiver sets on their first play.

When Williams has been taken off the field in passing situations this season and last, it's been Pat Watkins replacing him at safety. Now in his third year out of Florida State, Watkins has excelled on special teams and played a significant role on the nickel and dime defenses. He started the first four games of his rookie year at free safety before losing his job after a poor outing.

"There are a lot of things you learn," Watkins said of his NFL maturation process since that rookie-year demotion. "I learned you have to have a short memory. I used to take it so personal when I would get beat. But at the same time I wouldn't take my studying seriously. I didn't know how to take it to the next level like I have now.

"I've come a long way from my rookie year."

He returned to the starting job later in the year, but the Cowboys signed Ken Hamlin from Seattle to replace him before the 2007 season. He is the presumptive replacement for any period Williams would miss. Chances are coaches would leave him at Williams' strong safety role rather than flip him to free safety and move Hamlin to the strong side. Watkins has been learning both safety spots anyway.

"This isn't the way I wanted to get back in," Watkins said. "I didn't even know he was hurt like that. It's pivotal because Roy is a big piece to our defense. Right now I'm going to pray for Roy."

Watkins had five tackles in Monday's game, four of them solos.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #449
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Shouting over 65,000 screaming fans will do that to your voice....
but he played most of his career in Miami?

Old 09-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #450
Underdog

Quote:
but he played most of his career in Miami?
When it comes to crowd excitement, 1 game in Dallas is like 12 seasons in Miami...

Last edited by Underdog; 09-16-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #451
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

gotta feel happy for ZT.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #452
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
gotta feel happy for ZT.
Gotta feel happy we got ZT for NOTHING...

(I'm gonna call "conspiracy theory" on the Parcells-Cowboys connection, but at least MY team was the beneficiary for once!)

Old 09-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #453
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
When it comes to crowd excitement, 1 game in Dallas is like 12 seasons in Miami...

ah.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #454
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

yeah man zach thomas has been playing great, he's all over the field.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #455
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm knockin on wood, but I'm kind of worried about Witten. I know he'll play but he takes a beating every time he gets the ball, and that shoulder situation is dicey if you keep getting pounded.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #456
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
I'm knockin on wood, but I'm kind of worried about Witten. I know he'll play but he takes a beating every time he gets the ball, and that shoulder situation is dicey if you keep getting pounded.
On badasses overcoming shoulder injuries, see Emmit Smith rushing for 168 yards to clinch the NFC East against the NY Giants in 1994 with a SEPARATED SHOULDER!!!

Nothing to worry about with this guy though:

Old 09-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #457
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand the confidence
I remember that play and loved it.

But I still stand on the side of caution. I don't want it to linger all year.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #458
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... I haven't had a chance to read this thread yet but I just wanted to say that I was at the game and it was the best game I have ever been to in regards to excitement and offense. What a win. I have attended many Cowboy games but never - NEVER has the statium been that loud. We were only about 2/3rds that loud at the playoff game last year.

WHAT A GAME!

On a side note, yah for arm injuries!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #459
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I hate to hear about the Roy injury. I know he's not a fan favorite here but he's still a body and it seems this season they've been able to mask his lack of coverage skills. Not really sure what happened on the the Desean Jackson play. Did Pac Man get beat that badly? I'd like to see our defensive backs get some time together. The more time they get together the better they'll be. And i've been having arguments with people all day about the Cowboys defense but they gave up 7 points in the second half to arguably the best team in the NFC and probably the NFL. Not to mention the bs pass interference call on Henry and the fact that Romo gave up 7 himself. Give the defense some time. The most frustrating thing though was seeing how Ellis and Ware had probably over 5 sacks they missed out on because of McNabb. And i'll say this about McNabb. That's the best i've seen him play in a long time. If that's how he's going to play I can't sit here confidently and say the Cowboys will have a cakewalk to the Super Bowl. Even after the win i'm not sure if the Cowboys are better or worse than the Eagles.

The rookies. They came to play yesterday and all had a factor in the win. Jenkins had probably the best and most athletic play of all yesterday. The tip he had saved a touchdown and not many corners in this league would've made that. Bennett showed with seasoning he's going to be a problem. Especially with his athleticism and size. I sort of skimmed through the thread and I saw someone bring up he may be the most gifted tight end in the league aside from Vernon Davis and I may have to agree with that. He's not as fast as Vernon but he's up there with him. Then Felix. I just love this guy. He just like Barber outside of the game is soft spoken and humble and soon as he puts the pads on he's a monster who's killing everything around. Showboating and getting the crowd involved. I love it. Its crazy how similar personality wise they are which is crazy because when you think of running backs they're usually the most trash talking player on their team and most of the times the most vocal behind the receiver. I didn't see much of Tashard Choice or Scandrick so I don't recall what they did but they had pretty good 1st weeks. This is looking like a great rookie class for us.

Romo was a beast. You almost expect for him to put up 300 yards a game. We're growing so accustom to it. Thank goodness for Jason Garrett. I remember the sad days of having Bruce Coslett here as our offensive coordinator. Witten and TO were great as usual.

I can't imagine how the players would've been had they lost last night. I think that game was huge to pull out. Especially a high scoring bout like that. Imagine losing that? I'm sure the guys are emotionally drained as it is. But imagine if they lost. Could ask for trouble against the Packers. Rodgers has been playing great. Its time for that to come to an end on Sunday. He's about due for a bad game. Meanwhile, I think the Eagles could be 1-2 by the week. Shows you how big that game was.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #460
sike
The Preacha

^^^^ Too long!

Old 09-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #461
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
^^^^ Too long!
I actually had more lol. I'm just too amped about this Cowboys team. I'm always amped though even when they had Hutchinson starting for them but I just saw so much good out of yesterday's game I couldn't stop lol. I hate all these "Cowboys are the best team in the league" comments analysts are now making. I guess its up to the Boys to prove them right.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:17 AM   #462
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Pac and Roy were playing a zone against D. Jackson... but, obviously Roy's zone is easy to bust through.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:18 AM   #463
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

In fact, if I was an NFL OC and I saw Roy Williams in the middle of the field playing safety... play calling would be quite easy--just get your speed receiver to run a f'ing fly pattern straight down the seam and have the QB throw it as far as he can.

Contact Me
Old 09-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #464
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Larry Brown said in the post game show that the deep pass was 100% on Roy Williams.. were playing cover 2 and Roy had deep responsibility...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #465
alby
Guru

Not sure how anyone can argue that it wasn't on Roy... to put it simply, the guy flat out sucks--he is not who he used to be.

Contact Me
Old 09-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #466
Underdog

We soooo should have traded Williams last season (though we didn't have the depth to) - too late now, everyone knows what he is...

Old 09-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #467
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
to put it simply, the guy flat out sucks--he is not who he used to be.
and he was only ever a marginal pro...

Old 09-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #468
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be enough to promote Jenkins/Scandrick as the #3 corners and put Henry at safety?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #469
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Would it be enough to promote Jenkins/Scandrick as the #3 corners and put Henry at safety?
probably better than Roy...not a dig, just an honest thought.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #470
alby
Guru

They were planning on doing that anyways... this injury just speeds up the eventual plan by a season.

Contact Me
Old 09-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #471
alby
Guru

CB 1 - Newman
CB 2 - Jones
FS - Henry
SS - Hamlin
CB 3 - Jenkins
CB 4 - Scandrick

Backups
FS 2 - Watkins
SS 2 - Williams
FS/SS 3 - Davis
CB 5 - Ball

------

Anyways, I thought they were going to blitz Roy more this year... Why was Roy covering the deep ball anyways?

Contact Me
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #472
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
CB 1 - Newman
CB 2 - Jones
FS - Henry
SS - Hamlin
CB 3 - Jenkins
CB 4 - Scandrick

Backups
FS 2 - Watkins
SS 2 - Williams
FS/SS 3 - Davis
CB 5 - Ball

------

Anyways, I thought they were going to blitz Roy more this year... Why was Roy covering the deep ball anyways?
Williams didn't have the cover. Pacman did.
Williams supposedly had the crossing route, but broke with the guy when he went by, trying to help. Much like Shawn Bradley always was -- roasted for something that wasn't his responsibility, when he tried to help out.

Wade Phillips said that it wasn't Roy's cover in his press conference.

<edit>
I really dislike this D that they go into. I think it was the same basic coverage that they were in when Santana Moss smoked them for the 2 TD's a couple of years ago.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 09-17-2008 at 02:21 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #473
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Word is that Roy Williams was not admitted to the hospital because he didn't have any coverage.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #474
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

lol

good one
Old 09-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #475
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Deon Anderson hurt and out a couple of weeks now as well.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #476
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah, didn't have the internets working, so no game here in Edinburgh. >.< First game I miss in like seven years, and of course it's EPIC. I called my dad every thirty minutes at 3:00 in the morning here to get updates.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #477
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not sure how anyone can argue that it wasn't on Roy... to put it simply, the guy flat out sucks--he is not who he used to be.
What he use to be lol? He's never been good in coverage. He's getting exploited a lot more now but at the same time i'm not going to be hard on him for getting beat by Desean Jackson and tight ends like Clay Cooley.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #478
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Williams didn't have the cover. Pacman did.
Williams supposedly had the crossing route, but broke with the guy when he went by, trying to help. Much like Shawn Bradley always was -- roasted for something that wasn't his responsibility, when he tried to help out.

Wade Phillips said that it wasn't Roy's cover in his press conference.

<edit>
I really dislike this D that they go into. I think it was the same basic coverage that they were in when Santana Moss smoked them for the 2 TD's a couple of years ago.
I always hated that and i'm probably in the minority but I always hated the fact that guys would beat their player off the dribble and we'd get upset at Bradley for not being able to block a dunk.

You don't see that Dirk got beat off the dribble. That's why I can't really rag on Williams because its hard from the TV to get a view of what defense the team was in and/or who's Williams responsbility.

Quote:
Pac and Roy were playing a zone against D. Jackson... but, obviously Roy's zone is easy to bust through.
What kind of zone is that where Pac Man was trailing him for the whole play?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #479
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
What he use to be lol? He's never been good in coverage. He's getting exploited a lot more now but at the same time i'm not going to be hard on him for getting beat by Desean Jackson and tight ends like Clay Cooley.
If he is getting beat by imaginary tight ends now, I believe his skills may have diminished even more than we think.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 09-17-2008 at 10:56 PM.
FINtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #480
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
If he is getting beat by imaginary tight ends now, I believe his skills may have diminished even more than we think.
Ahh I mean Chris Cooley. Not sure where I got Clay from.