Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default LAD - Life After Deron

With Terry leaving and Kidd working on a new contract with the Mavs, we still have the following ammunition to retool our roster (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):
- $8.9M trade exception
- $5M non-tax payer MLE
- Approximately $9M in cap space
- Still have the Bi-Annual Exception as well
- Someone also let me know if we have a portion of the trade exception left over from the Chandler S&T last year? We used a portion to absorb Odom, but am not sure if we still have the remainder left to use

Looks like the Mavs won't amnesty Haywood and Marion is likely safe as well for this season. Given what's been published to this point, Mavs will likely look for players willing to accept 2 year deals or pursue players with 2 years left on their contract.

My plan:
- Try to fit Kidd into BAE (Doubtful)
- Split DWest and Camby with MLE (Probable)
- Try to swing for a trade with your exception and eat up some cap space for Deng or Iguodala (Possible)
- Poison pill the Knicks and make an offer on Lin

Last edited by aexchange; 07-03-2012 at 06:45 PM.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avery wins, dwill loves the pecker, jigga town, return of cadbane?, russian mutant cuban 1, shark tank cuban 0, willy wants a pecker