Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-17-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
Nowitness

Nowitness is on a distinguished road
Default 3 Team Trade - Dal/LAL/Indy

What do you think of this as the basis for a 3 team trade involving the Mavs, Lakers, and Pacers?

Dallas trades Terry and Dampier + for Jermaine O'Neal.

Indiana trades O'Neal for Dampier and Odom.

Lakers trade Odom for Terry.

This works salary-wise so we would just need to add cash and/or picks to even it out.
Nowitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

lakers arent going to give up odom.

odom is a better player than howard, so that should give you an idea on his worth, and odom is signed at a relatively modest contract.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
argo

argo is on a distinguished road

take Odem out and add Kwame Brown. He has only one year left and he is off the books. If he shows improvements this year, Indy can resign him. But most importantly, he will be in his contract year...
argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #4
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange

odom is a better player than howard, so that should give you an idea on his worth.
I whole heartedly disagree with this statement. I swear this forum constantly underrates J-Ho. I think he's the key to the Mavs making the finals and being the dominate team they've been the last 2 years.

If fact looking at some of your other posts you constantly diss Howard. You need to take a closer look because Howard gets you nearly 20 points a game, great defense and solid rebounding and steals. It's like the Bulls in their prime wanted to trade Scottie Pippen.

What has Odom done exactly? he's never been out of the first round on teams with Dwayne Wade and Kobe and he is injury prone. He's violated the NBA drug policy on more than one occasion and he even contemplated retiring because of his lack of confidence. I'll take Josh Howard anyday over Odom thank you.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 05-17-2007 at 02:48 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Some Lakers fans I know laughed when I said some people think Odom is better than Howard.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

That would be pushing it, aexchange.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
jacobmannjones
Banned

jacobmannjones is on a distinguished road

Why would IND part w/ O'Neal in that scenario; it doesn't benefit them as the LAL aren't going to part w/ Odom for JET. Dampier & Terry aren't going to get O'Neal to the AAA, any deal for him would almost certainly have to include Howard.

So do you mortgage the future of the franchise by sending Howard to IND to bring back O'Neal and a possible run at the title the next couple of years? And even then it is not guaranteed. A tough call in my book that the team brass is going to have to face...
jacobmannjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #8
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

not to side track the thread, but odom is a better low post player, rebounder, distributor and plays an underrated brand of D.

he's a versatile player who does a little bit of everything and is a ++ player in a few categories namely rebounding and distributing. i don't dislike jho, in fact i like him, but this board consistently overrates his abilities.

2006/2007 stats.
16 pts, 10 rebounds, 5 assists on 47% shooting in 39 MPG for odom.
19 pts, 7 rebounds, 2 assists on 46% shooting in 35 MPG for howard.

if you put howard in odom's situation, i can guarantee you that he'd never get out of the first round as well. as far as the retirement thing, i believe it wasnt due to a lack of confidence, but rather that his daughter was ill or had a personal situation he had to deal with. i could be wrong on this though.

howard gets more recognition b/c he plays on a better team, but odom is the ultimate utility man, and as much credit howard gets for being pippen to dirk's jordan, odom does everything the mavs want out of howard (with the exception of defense) better and more efficiently.

the two players are both relatively injury prone. i like howard, but lets not get carried away, hes not even a top 30 player in the league by my estimation. not saying odom is, but jho isnt the next incarnation of pippen.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

ESPN interviews have revealed that Odom was inclined to retire prematurely because of his lack of confidence. Lamar stated, "It's a blessing just to be in the league, cause there was a time where I thought that I would quit playing"

or read this article

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...alipour/061102

These things were prior to what happened to his daughter. I feel for the guy he's been through alot, but I just wouldn't be confident to have him on my team in the long term.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 05-19-2007 at 11:36 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote