Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #81
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

what i think the mavs need:
1 super athletic pf/center type (to match the atlethic PF/C out there since dirk nor damp can do that well)
2 big plodding center with D (both of these would prevent dirk ever being C)
3 backup pg (depending what u think jjb can be)
4 slasher/shooter that's NORMAL size.

1 is hard to get, but as mentioned many times justin williams from sac is currently on waivers. he's very athletic pogo stick that blocks
2 is harder if they have any real skill. someone to look D on duncan/shaq when damp fouls out. kandiman? i dunno
3 lots of career backups out there, but still like brevin knight for a 2nd, but would be good fi they could shoot too.
4 lots of options in D league, if not trade a 2nd for

dont like juwan nor malik since they dont have key skill: great o or great d to plug in. they are servicable rebounders.

Last edited by scorched03; 02-20-2008 at 01:23 PM.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #82
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I like Justin Williams out of Sac-Town. He can definitely get up and block some shots but he's going to have a hard time banging around down low with that 225 pound frame.

Anybody for the Baked Potato?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #83
Pj5

Pj5 will become famous soon enough

Chris Wilcox
Old 02-20-2008, 03:15 PM   #84
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
I like Justin Williams out of Sac-Town. He can definitely get up and block some shots but he's going to have a hard time banging around down low with that 225 pound frame.

Well he'd be the athletic banger you have on your roster to keep Dirk off the center/best post up big. Still leaves us with one spot open on the roster to fill out.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #85
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

How about Johan Petro, a young 7ft tall center with decent defense and good rebounding?

Johan Petro
Salary: $1,077,120 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.6 REB: 4.0 AST: 0.4 PER: 11.73

Link

It seems Petro is a little out of favour with Seattle, as his minutes decreased this season from 19 to 13 minutes, so maybe it would be possible to get him.

A trade Antoine Wright for Johan Petro and Mickael Gelabale would work via ESPN and RealGM Trade Checker: Trade ID #4528835

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 02-20-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #86
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
How about Johan Petro, a young 7ft tall center with decent defense and good rebounding?

Johan Petro

Link

It seems Petro is a little out of favour with Seattle, as his minutes decreased this season from 19 to 13 minutes, so maybe it would be possible to get him.

A trade Antoine Wright for Johan Petro and Mickael Gelabale would work via ESPN and RealGM Trade Checker: Trade ID #4528835
Not a bad idea. They definitely have a glut of bigs up there. I read somewhere that they were going to give Swift most of the pivot time, thus the Thomas trade talks. Petro wouldn't be a bad pick up, 6 fouls.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #87
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
As a backup center or for an addition to the Mavs Maniacs? I'll go for the latter but count me out on the first option.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #88
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:

Johan Petro

Link

I actually like the idea of adding Petro. His playing style reminds me a lot of Diop.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 02-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #89
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRB
As a backup center or for an addition to the Mavs Maniacs? I'll go for the latter but count me out on the first option.
LoL

Man, I was wondering if anyone would remember that one. To this day I still think that was the funniest thing I've ever read on this board.

He would make a nice addition to the Mavs Maniacs, though.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 02-20-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:39 PM   #90
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

How bout Jerry Stackhouse for Jarrett Jack and Joel Przybilla. Then talk Portland into buying out stack. I just realized if this happened there would be like 10 j's.

Last edited by Flip41; 02-20-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #91
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip41
How bout Jerry Stackhouse for Jarrett Jack and Joel Przybilla. Then talk Portland into buying out stack. I just realized if this happened there would be like 10 j's.
I don't think this would help our recent attempts to stay out of Stern's wrath.

Plus, letting Stackhouse go now just wouldn't be worth it considering the Western race is so tight.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:44 PM   #92
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I don't think this would help our recent attempts to stay out of Stern's wrath.

Plus, letting Stackhouse go now just wouldn't be worth it considering the Western race is so tight.
I agree we would have to get him back for this to be a real good deal. I do think Joel and Jerrett would be good backups.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #93
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

wow. that stack for jack and Przybilla is a good trade. then if they could just swign a 2 for 1 to take out juwan and allen...

but y would portland do it? they are solid backups and i think they're both affordable

Last edited by scorched03; 02-20-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #94
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Johan Petro

Link

Love this trade. I doubt seattle would dump young players just to cut them, but if we could both those guys, that would be awesome

Elabale can ball. He's very athletic and looks like a defender in the making. He played a lot more last year than this year. This would be great.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #95
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Can we still bring back PPod? ;P

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #96
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Seattle seems like an obvious trade partner to me. They've got an abundance of serviceable bigs. Good trade history with them. Someone pass this along... ;-)
Old 02-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #97
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Can we still bring back PPod? ;P
I would prefer an iPod.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Old 02-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #98
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

With the return of Kidd to Big D, as well as the return to the league of a certain 6-10 pale faced assassin that was facilitated by said Kidd aquisition, I can't help but think about the possibility that another all-time classic Mav might be able to help fill our need for a backup center for these new J-Kidd v.2 Era Mavs pretty darned well...

Big Shawn says: Bring Back The Big Show!

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-20-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take a little Mantis.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #100
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Good gawd.

No.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #101
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jthig32 again.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #102
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Heh.

Good ole Mantis.

I'm lovin it.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #103
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

lol. Little known fact: Did you know that if you printed that picture of bradley on your Inkjet printer using regular white paper, it'll hardly use any ink.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #104
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future
Default Spurs acquire Thomas from Sonics for Barry, Elson

Quote:
The San Antonio Spurs have reached agreement with the SuperSonics that will bring them center Kurt Thomas in exchange for guard Brent Barry, center Francisco Elson and a 2009 first-round draft pick, league sources said Wednesday.

The teams are in the process of finalizing the deal with league officials.

By acquiring Thomas, the Spurs get some needed size to help them counter Phoenix’s Shaquille O’Neal and Houston’s Yao Ming. They also are expected to drop under the luxury-tax threshold, possibly saving them about $2 million. In exchange, San Antonio will send the Sonics a portion of the savings.

While Barry has been sidelined with a calf injury, Ime Udoka has taken his place in the rotation and proven to be a dependable contributor with his defense and 3-point shooting. Elson’s inconsistency limited his role with the Spurs this season.

The Sonics, who also considered an offer from the Orlando Magic for Thomas, have now generated three first-round draft picks from Rashard Lewis’ sign-and-trade deal last summer.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #105
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

And so ends the reign of "Dirk Stopper" Elson

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #106
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Wow, read on realgm.com that those 2 were head to Sac for Thomas, good pick up for the Spurs, gives Duncan some real help in the paint, though Oberto seems decent. I guess back to work on another center for the Mavs. Pretty sure, Pop knew the Mavs either wanted to trade for Thomas or would just pick him up as a free agent after the Sonics dump him, gave up a #1 for him.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #107
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Small ball here we come. Spurs beat us to the punch.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #108
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I know we don't have a backup center, but honestly... Juwan Howard??? Can we just cut this guy already?

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-20-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #109
scorched03

cut him for justin williams!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #110
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
And so ends the reign of "Dirk Stopper" Elson
any chance we could just trade and get elson? he's not that bad...
Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 AM   #111
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Wait, is there any official word that the Mavs really are looking to add some player/s to fill in the gap left by the Kidd trade?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #112
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
any chance we could just trade and get elson? he's not that bad...
I think it´s not possible via trade, because he is too expensive. But as they are stacked at center position I would definitely try to get Petro, for whom a trade (I posted above) would work.

"Talk to the claw."

Old 02-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #113
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Somebody was laughing about PPod, but I wonder if there are any serviceable centers in Europe that are available...I wonder if Donnie is considering what is available over there....
Old 02-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #114
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin Willis plz.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #115
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I'd take a shot at the Mailman if we could get him out of retirement. He could even bring his pal Stockton with him for a backup PG. Don't see it happening, but I'd sure enough take it. Even at 72, Stockton would be the best backup PG in the league.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #116
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Wait, is there any official word that the Mavs really are looking to add some player/s to fill in the gap left by the Kidd trade?
Yes, Cuban said they will fill the two empty roster spots.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #117
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

If there is any way we can pull it off then we need to get Nene. That guy can really help us and can handle his own down low with anyone in the league.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #118
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

How about getting Franciso Elson for our 1.6 million exception + change..He just traded from SA to Seattle.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #119
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashjan
How about getting Franciso Elson for our 1.6 million exception + change..He just traded from SA to Seattle.
Seattle has to cut him first - have they indicated that they would? (and for that matter, would Barry be available?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #120
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorched03
what i think the mavs need:
1 super athletic pf/center type (to match the atlethic PF/C out there since dirk nor damp can do that well)
2 big plodding center with D (both of these would prevent dirk ever being C)
3 backup pg (depending what u think jjb can be)
4 slasher/shooter that's NORMAL size.

1. Not a likely to happen since we have Bass and he seems to do ok for the 10+ odd minutes that Dirk is off the floor. His lack of size hurts once in awhile though.

2. Johan Petro would be a good idea, and as a back up I also think the Kandiman will suffice. We could also trade for Dan Gadzuric, he seems to be out of favor with the Bucks. Jeff Foster would be real nice as well (but it's a pipe dream).

3. JJB will not cut it, not just yet. Maybe a move for Tinsley or Diener with Foster?

4. I miss 'Quisey!! This one's gonna be hard. The only way we get a decent 2 if Wright doesn't pan out, would be via trade. I'm still rooting for either Maggette, Ricky Davis, or Mike Miller.
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote