Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-18-2008, 03:17 AM   #1
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reflection: Favorite Mav Moments of the Regular Season

Amidst the maelstrom of playoff projections and anticipation, I want to take a little breather before saturday and reflect on the best parts of this mavs season. There were some great moments that made this one of the most entertaining and rewarding regular seasons to be a mavs fan. So I'll start with a few nominees for favorite moments of the year.

-Dirk's 4 threes in the 3rd in the comeback against Toronto

-Dallas comeback from 17 points in Houston. Devin clinches it with an and-one against Yao.

-Josh Howard explodes for 47 points in a home win against Utah

-Dirk gets his first career triple double in a home game against the Bucks

-Dirk nails a 3 at the buzzer to send a game to OT against the Lakers. Mavs eventually lose an extremely entertaining and close game.

-Dirk's off-balance jumper to close the deal against Phoenix

-Dirk nails a 3 in transition with .9 seconds left against the Jazz, clinching the playoffs

-Jason Kidd's 100th triple double, getting the needed rebound on the same play where Dirk ice's the game with a 3

what an amazing season, with so many memorable moments to choose from. Incidentally, Dirk was sure involved in a ton of those moments :-P

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 04-18-2008 at 03:22 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2008, 04:30 AM   #2
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

It has to be Dirk back in action after his injury.

Last edited by Julius; 04-18-2008 at 04:31 AM.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's off balance shots to beat the Suns coming back from injury. That game alone firmly implanted Dirk as a top 4 player even with the injury imo.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Sitting down to watch the final Mavs-Warriors game right before tipoff. I was completely depressed, and I look up, and Dirk's mug is staring back at me from the starting lineup announcements.

Awesome.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Destroying GSW @ Oakland putting a huge damper on their playoff hopes.

or

Any of the Dirk stuff.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

"-Dirk's 4 threes in the 3rd in the comeback against Toronto"

for sure... that segment probably made me cheer louder than any other during this season.

I'm gonna add "The first Jason Kidd to Dirk 3" as well.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That 3 by (was it Stack?) against the Clippers to end the game comes to mind.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #8
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
That 3 by (was it Stack?) against the Clippers to end the game comes to mind.
Yes ! That is what i was thinking right in this second.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #9
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

The steal and save by Kidd, tip to Dirk for a 3 pointer to close the half...priceless
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #10
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

i totally forgot the stack game winner. that was amazing.

the lasting impression from this season for me might be Dirk's game clincher in phoenix. That really seemed to be when the team turned things around, and payback for last year when phoenix pulled the game out in OT.

But I will always have serious man-love for Devin taking it at Yao.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #11
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all
Default Bass

I like the Brandon Bass dunk on the Pistons:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OLAW4viTFLw
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #12
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Landing Kidd.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #13
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

1) Dirk's shot against PHX
2) Dirk coming back from injury
3) Finding out we were about to get Kidd
4) Stackhouse's 3 against the Clippers

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-18-2008 at 11:31 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #14
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

The first assist Kidd made in a Mavs uni again. The lob layup pass to Josh. It just made me feel so much better about the team and the direction we were headed. Then Avery squashed it when he benched him in the Spurs game.

I'll add to it the 3 hit by Dirk with .9 left against Utah for the W, that was awesome, probably the proudest I'd been about the team. Sad, then we lost two road games in a row. Every great moment this year has been followed by a terrible one.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #15
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I guess the most memorable would have to be the whole Kidd debacle.

My favorite moment would be Dirks first triple double, it's been so elusive these past seasons and he's come so close so many times. It felt really good to finally see him get one.

Also those three's against Toronto were amazing, just an onslaught of awesome by Dirk.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #16
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
1) Dirk's shot against PHX
The fact that you can call it that and we all know what you're talking about seems to validate it enough for me.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #17
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Best moment: The moment I found out about the Kidd trade.

Funniest moment: EJ throwing an inbound pass to .... nobody!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #18
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Dirk's 3 against Utah after Deron banked one in to tie.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #19
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

best....

I'd say either the comeback against the Suns or the comeback against the Hornets...in both cases I had resigned myself to thinking that the mavs were a team on the slide only to be surprised by their explosiveness and determination.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #20
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City
The fact that you can call it that and we all know what you're talking about seems to validate it enough for me.
Absolutely. Biggest play of the year IMO (unless the Mavs would have won anyway, but we'll never know on that front).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-18-2008 at 03:00 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Kidd is the best thing to happen this season...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #22
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x_mV2obSep4

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #23
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe
The steal and save by Kidd, tip to Dirk for a 3 pointer to close the half...priceless
yeah, this one was amazing.

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #24
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

We lost, but Dirk hitting all those clutch shots in LA, and after one of them he popped his jersey amd yelled something that looked like "that's right bitches" at the crowd.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:20 PM   #25
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

any time Dirk does the popping of the jersey...it truly signifies a big moment b/c Dirk is a heart of the Mavericks.

For me, it's "the shot" vs PHX.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #26
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

For me, definitely the gamewinner 3 vs Utah
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote