Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #81
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't really consider the Kidd trade a HUGE, earth shattering move. At that point, pg wasn't the team's issue or the team's need. Now, the trade is still basically a wash from a talent and team success standpoint but a trade or two is still needed. Considering Kidd's age, I think that making another trade hasn't been a big enough priority. Kidd will be 37 next season. He'll turn 38 the season that the Mavs supposedly will be players for 2010. I'm not saying Kidd won't be able to contribute, but it's definitely not something to overlook.
Of course it was huge. Saying it was huge has nothing to do with the results it created. It was a huge gamble. It was a huge monetary commitment.

Everyone agrees that more moves can be made to make the team better. But this isn't NBA2K9. You have to find willing participants on both sides. My only point is that within the past 13 months, the Mavs have proven they're prepared to take huge risks and make huge monetary commitments in order to complete a trade. So I don't understand the notion that they're simply talking a big game and not prepared to back it up this offseason.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #82
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is one thing most of agree on.. the Mavs FO has to "find the right deal" for Stack this summer.

Imo, the FO making no moves (to put talent around JKidd and Dirk) in summer '08 was strike one. The lack of activity before the trade deadline this season was strike two. The FO is now down to their last strike. Maybe they hit a home run (I'd settle for a double) this offseason. If they do, then most of their actions/inactions can be justified. If they don't then something is fundamentally wrong. Whether it be Donnie, the rest of the league not wanting to make a deal with Cuban, or the FO being content with a playoff contender but not a championship contender, regardless something is wrong. All I can say is that I'm glad Dirk has the patience of a saint.

jthig, I didn't hear that the Kings were asking for Bass in the Salmons deal. Where did you hear/read that scenario? I guess I must of have missed it.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #83
sphincs

sphincs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Here's part two.

Link
I've read :"The Mavs' 'Yen For '10' Part 2: Building A Better Blueprint" and I've understood a lot of things but I did not understand what's about Dirk and Kidd.
In the article that speaks about the WORKABLE 2010 BLUEPRINT there isn't any reference to them. So what about the future of them?

Last edited by sphincs; 02-24-2009 at 08:19 PM.
sphincs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dlord as my witness, such a waste of time, urmom givz gr8 foresight, yur mom iza waste of time