Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-04-2008, 02:29 AM   #1
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13 View Post
I would agree that he has had some shooting trouble, and may not be taking as big of a load as he normally does, but he kinda did this last year too. He steps it up and takes the load when it's needed though, and he'll be ready for the playoffs. I think his mindset changed a bit after winning 67 games and then losing in the first round, the playoffs are what matters and he'll gear it up full force when they come.
It could well be that he's simply pacing himself. However when the team is struggling just to get above .500.... now might not be the best time for him to be pacing himself. Pacing yourself is only a good idea when it's a foregone conclusion that your team will make the playoffs. Dirk has to realize that simply is not the case. What good does pacing yourself in the first half of the season do if you lose so many games you don't make the playoffs?
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
It could well be that he's simply pacing himself. However when the team is struggling just to get above .500.... now might not be the best time for him to be pacing himself.
What was San Antonio's record through December their last couple of championship years?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
What was San Antonio's record through December their last couple of championship years?
Okay, I love Dirk and the Mavs and everything. But Dallas isn't San Antonio.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Okay, I love Dirk and the Mavs and everything. But Dallas isn't San Antonio.
you know that. and I know that. I don't think Dirk is convinced.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuz i said it it's right, dirk = the awesomeness, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, got a bit fluffy in here, obvious dirk fans unite!, teddy bear scissors, thread diarrhea