Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-12-2022, 02:14 PM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And now I'm reading speculation per TMac that Wood is coming off the bench? I really hope that's not true. I know things are fluid, but what a terrible way to start the season if that's true.
It's not a bad idea because you start with defense to protect Luka and Dinwiddie

McGee, DFS and Bullock would be a top 5 defensive trio IMO.

Then off your bench you have Maxi, Wood & THJ.

Most likely McGee is only playing 18-20 MPG and Wood would be your closer which is still pretty damn good.

Kidd is built different from RC he's more defensive minded and he believes the offense will come and go but defense has to be consistent.

Plus if you have Wood, Luka and Dinwiddie all starting who knows if they can get stops.

Wood is athletic enough but he's perfomed subpar throughout his career on that end of the floor.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:45 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
It's not a bad idea because you start with defense to protect Luka and Dinwiddie

McGee, DFS and Bullock would be a top 5 defensive trio IMO.

Then off your bench you have Maxi, Wood & THJ.

Most likely McGee is only playing 18-20 MPG and Wood would be your closer which is still pretty damn good.

Kidd is built different from RC he's more defensive minded and he believes the offense will come and go but defense has to be consistent.

Plus if you have Wood, Luka and Dinwiddie all starting who knows if they can get stops.

Wood is athletic enough but he's perfomed subpar throughout his career on that end of the floor.
I would rather bring Dinwiddie off the bench since we need a backup pg anyway. Wood is primed to be our second best player IMO, so bringing him off the bench makes little sense.

Again, I know it's fluid, but it's stupid to bring a guy with known attitude problems off the bench in a contract year. Play with fire and you get burned.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 03:22 PM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I would rather bring Dinwiddie off the bench since we need a backup pg anyway. Wood is primed to be our second best player IMO, so bringing him off the bench makes little sense.

Again, I know it's fluid, but it's stupid to bring a guy with known attitude problems off the bench in a contract year. Play with fire and you get burned.
1. It would make zero sense to bring Wood off the bench. It's mental gymnastics to make that logical.

2. Agree about Spence. I was surprised to hear Kidd say he was a starter, given that we don't have a fvcking back up PG. Not saying Spence is one but, we are guessing he's the best option with the current roster.

3. I don't buy into Cato sometimes. He's the one who waited until JB agreed to NY before saying " oh, Dallas FO has known about this for weeks". That's pretty convenient to say after the fact. This is the time of year where there are tons if rumors.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-12-2022 at 03:23 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote