Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-16-2003, 10:30 AM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Do you live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex? Just curious because I think I know the basis behind your name and wanted to see if I am correct.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:50 AM   #2
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

yes...I think it has to do with Bob Sturm on 1310 the ticket
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

That is what I thought. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 11:07 AM   #4
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Oh my, no.

It is an 18th century German literary movement-- Goethe would be the most well-known practitioner-- that featured the struggles of an idealistic youth against the stifling mores and standards of society.

I don't listen to sports radio, so I don't even know who you're talking about!
Old 05-16-2003, 11:13 AM   #5
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

<< Oh my, no.

It is an 18th century German literary movement-- Goethe would be the most well-known practitioner-- that featured the struggles of an idealistic youth against the stifling mores and standards of society.

I don't listen to sports radio, so I don't even know who you're talking about!
>>

wheehh..that just flew right over my head.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 11:15 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Me too.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:18 AM   #7
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

I'm just a total nerd. Sorry to spoil any and all theories about hidden and/or double meanings.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 11:45 AM   #8
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

whoaa...somebody quick...give me a beer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 02:29 PM   #9
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Yep. Blonde, alright.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 06:30 PM   #10
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

haha, i was thinking...&quot;sturm, listening to sports radio?
surely that can't be right!?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]&quot;

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

you can't see sturm listening to sports radio? I totally can...listening for about 15 minutes and then becoming pissed off.... turning off the radio, and then popping in the Norwegian National Anthem to soothe her anger.

but, since she doesn't listen to sports radio, i guess that scenario just doesn't fly too well.

Anyways, Bob and Sturm's nickname come from the same place
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 02:14 PM   #12
sturm und drang
Golden Member

Murphy, you know me too well...

If only I had a Mavs national anthem to listen to. Damn, there's an idea.

Speaking of rampant nationalism-- who, me?-- has anyone around D-FW noticed the proliferation of Mavs car flags today? Wow.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:19 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Those things really annoy the heck out of me. Well, at least in October when those idiot Sooner fans come rolling into town. A big a$$ dualie truck with a little white and red flag hanging out the window. Cracks me up.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:13 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

A comic came out that you might be interested in: STRUM &amp; DRANG GREAT MOMENTS IN ROCK &amp; ROLL TP $6.95
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 12:17 AM   #15
sturm und drang
Golden Member

Really? A comic? First sports radio hosts, now this?

I need to go get a trademark or something so at least I can profit from it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2003, 10:04 AM   #16
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Sturm und drang with Cuban. Actually, in the picture it is Drang und Sturm.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote