Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future
Default Anyone ever have to have their tonsils removed?

I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me I need my tonsils out as soon as possible. My surgery is scheduled for Monday. I did some research online, and now I'm scared to death! I found one woman who said that she has had 3 c-sections, and she would do that a million times over before going through this surgery again. Ouch! Anyone here have any experience with this surgery? If so, give me the truth. Don't sugarcoat it. I want to be prepared!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

good luck! I'd imagine you could eat a lot of ice cream afterwords...?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I had mine removed when I was 5.. don't remember much obviously, but I do remember it hurt a lot. I didn't even want to play SNES or eat ice cream after
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I have actually heard that ice cream is bad because it coats the open wounds and is very hard to swallow. I have read that popsicles are best, but not red ones because you need to make sure you can tell if you are spitting up blood, not red popsicle. Dear God, what am I getting myself into? The good news? I will probably lose my last 5 pounds of pregnancy weight.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I wish you a swift and speedy recovery!

Congrats on already losing the pregnancy weight too! Nice work!! You will have to share your secret sometime.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I also remember being really pissed off at my parents about it
Old 12-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

did you do it?
Old 12-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
raefformvp
Golden Member

not yet. the surgery is Monday. so not looking forward to it!!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I had my adenoids out as a kid. I'm not sure how similar the procedures are, but I remember getting better really quick (after that first yucky hour or two after I woke up).

I hope you won't dread it too much. You'll be so glad when it's over, and it will be so worth it!!
Old 12-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I had my tonsils out when I was a young kid too. I feel like they left some in or something..because whenever I get sick..I feel that some glands (muscles?) in my throat get swollen..and they hurt when I press down on the outside of my neck.

I don't remember it hurting that much..but I do remember the ice cream and jello.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #11
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I had mine removed when i was 4. I dont remember a thing about it, but according to the parental units, i was in the hospital for some time and couldn't do jack sh!t.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

oh, okay . well let us know about how it went. i thought you meant this past monday the 12-1......
Old 12-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #13
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I had mine taken out nearly two years ago (the bastages also stole my uvula while they were in there)

It sucked. I would rather clean up shaq's sweaty ass with my tongue after every game left in the season than do that again. Well....... scratch that. but it sucked.

I actually think that my pain wasn't as bad as most. I was able to eat and drink basically right away, and didn't really experience very much pain unless I fell asleep..... however, when I DID sleep, my throat would immediately dry out and I would wake up in EXCRUCIATING pain about 30-minutes later.

so the rub? In my case... two weeks without sleep. I went effin insane.

Last edited by mcsluggo; 12-05-2008 at 02:34 PM.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #14
raefformvp
Golden Member

For those that care...

My surgery went okay. I checked in to the hospital at 6 am, surgery started around 7:30, and I checked out at 10:30. Four and a half hours total - not too bad. I could have stayed longer, but I wanted to go home! After my 10 day stay in the hospital in September with my baby, I don't want to be in one any longer than absolutely necessary. The pain right now isn't any worse than the worst case of strep I've ever had, so it's tolerable. But, the doctor told my husband that days 3-7 will be a completely different story. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, and the drugs don't hurt either. Here's to happy healing!

Old 12-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #15
MavsX
Diamond Member

good luck, fell better
Old 12-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

jello is your friend