Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all
Default Is Anyone Gonna Say It?

Dirk is playing some of the worst basketball I've seen him play in quite some time. Can't make wide open midrange jump shots, takes no initiative on the offensive end, continues to turn the ball over, and just generally doesn't look like he gives a damn. Yes there are other issues (like Kidd's tank hitting empty), but since the team goes as Dirk goes, I figure that's the perfect place to start.
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

dirk hasn't been good of late, no disagreements here
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

He made a one handed dunk. C'mon that is sportcenter material right there! He gets a pass from me. Nah I am praying for a miracle haha I don't feel so good on the inside though...this pains my heart
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

if you disagree, try typing a half-way intelligent response instead of just attacking and cussing.

Thanks.

Last edited by mary; 04-03-2011 at 11:05 PM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

if you disagree, try typing a half-way intelligent response instead of just attacking and cussing.

Thanks

Last edited by mary; 04-03-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Name me ONE star that hasn't had THREE sub-par games in over a month, or lock the fucking thread.
Co-signed...we definitely have bigger problems right now than Dirk being in a mini slump.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 04-03-2011 at 10:11 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Well another dumbass thread by a dumbass poster.

Par for the course.

Oh yeah, Dirk is playing like shit!

March: 25/8/3 on 52/35/96 shooting! Terrible!

Oh, did you mean he's had a whooping THREE bad games since Feb. 16th?

Myopic piece of shit. Stop wasting oxygen.
I'm not quite sure exactly what you're trying to overcompensate for......be it your lack of intelligence or lack of equipment.........but just know that it's OK......you are a worthwhile person.

On another note, grow up man. Seriously, your reply was completely uncalled for. I stated my opinion about the recent play of a professional athlete and you decide to make a complete ass of yourself. Good job....way to change my mind.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
CadBane
Banned

Seriously, he played poorly against Phoenix, last night, and tonight. That's IT since Feb. 16th. Is that what the dumbass means by "lately"? They weren't even consecutive. He was fine vs. the Clippers and great vs. the Lakers. Hell, even those games haven't been abominations, and we won one of them.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #9
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
I'm not quite sure exactly what you're trying to overcompensate for......be it your lack of intelligence or lack of equipment.........but just know that it's OK......you are a worthwhile person.

On another note, grow up man. Seriously, your reply was completely uncalled for. I stated my opinion about the recent play of a professional athlete and you decide to make a complete ass of yourself. Good job....way to change my mind.
Because it's not even an opinion.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
Mavsfan2thedeath

And I didn't think he played all that well against the Clippers. It just seems to me that his efficiency at the offensive end has really started to drop over the last two or three weeks. JUST MY OPINION.....
Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I doubt there would be this amount of arguing if the Mavs were winning. The Mavs losing is tearing this board apart!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
Mavsfan2thedeath

OK.....exchange the word "perception" for "opinion" (even though the two are incredibly close to being synonymous).
Old 04-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
And I didn't think he played all that well against the Clippers. It just seems to me that his efficiency at the offensive end has really started to drop over the last two or three weeks. JUST MY OPINION.....
Well then you're an idiot. You can't argue efficiency. It's an easily discernible stat. He put up 24/6/3 in a win on 47% shooting against the Clippers. 47% is not inefficient.

As I said, he shot inefficiently and played poorly against Phoenix, GS, and tonight (even though he's 5-11 tonight). Those are the ONLY poor games he's played since Feb. 16th. So again, you're just plum wrong. If you mean he's played poorly on the whole over a 5 game stretch, sure. But that would be pretty fucking myopic, wouldn't it?

Last edited by CadBane; 04-03-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

No Dirk has not been Dirk-like at all. He's the least of my concerns with this team but he has not looked good on both sides of the ball. He's a better defender than he's been showing as of late.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #15
CadBane
Banned

Again, what does "of late" mean?

He's played "poorly" in THREE GAMES. Jesus Christ.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #16
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Maybe he's getting tired? God only knows his legs have logged a lot of minutes in his career. You can make a real case this is the least amount of talent that's been around Dirk in a loooong time. Kidd is just about on E, Terry is what he is, Caron's not here, Chandler has slowed down, Roddy isn't contributing and the rest of the guys are nothing more than role players at this point in their careers.

It's not looking good.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #17
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
I doubt there would be this amount of arguing if the Mavs were winning. The Mavs losing is tearing this board apart!
its hard to win with no defense, dirk in a slump, kidd 0 pts, terry is well terry.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #18
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Maybe he's getting tired? God only knows his legs have logged a lot of minutes in his career. You can make a real case this is the least amount of talent that's been around Dirk in a loooong time. Kidd is just about on E, Terry is what he is, Caron's not here, Chandler has slowed down, Roddy isn't contributing and the rest of the guys are nothing more than role players at this point in their careers.

It's not looking good.
Looks like yet another First Round exit.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #19
pico
Banned

pico is infamous around these partspico is infamous around these partspico is infamous around these parts

Letsgomavs,

Love the sig, funny thing though is that Traylor has just as many rings as Dirk.
pico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #20
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico View Post
Letsgomavs,

Love the sig, funny thing though is that Traylor has just as many rings as Dirk.
yeah that's hilarious.

Negative rep'd
Reported
Blocked
Ignored
Hidden
Saged
Called the Cyber Police
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #21
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Again, what does "of late" mean?

He's played "poorly" in THREE GAMES. Jesus Christ.
Well you credit him for only 3 games. I think he hasn't been on his game since last month when we played the T-Wolves. And i'm speaking for both sides of the basketball. Not just his shooting.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #22
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Well you credit him for only 3 games. I think he hasn't been on his game since last month when we played the T-Wolves. And i'm speaking for both sides of the basketball. Not just his shooting.
Since the Wolves game? That's a FIVE game sample size. Utah was a blowout win. He was fine against the Clippers. Are you trying to claim he was bad against the Lakers? Like I said, THREE games.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #23
RareMilk
Golden Member

I think everyone is letting their emotions run. He will be fine, but Dirk needs help. Turn the sliders all the way up please...
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #24
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico View Post
Letsgomavs,

pico or uncle rico????
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CB4Q9QEwAA
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #25
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Cad's being a little overly-aggressive, but he's certainly correct. There's a pretty convincing case to be made that March was Dirk's best month since November. He ratcheted up his rebounding considerably. His efficiency has dropped a little but he's certainly been more than fine over the past month or so.

A couple recent games appear to be sticking in everyone's mind, along with the struggles of the team as a whole.

The focus needs to be on the guard play, which has just been atrocious. I spent most of the second half tonight pondering what the hell this team is going to do during the off season, and almost all of it centered around what to do at PG and SG.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #26
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Considering Dirk was off the charts before he got hurt and after he bounced back from rust...pretty silly to comment on Dirk's slump. I'm pretty sure he's allowed to have them.

The starting guards continue to be plagued with inconsistent play. If Barea is one of your most consistent options out of the backcourt, that's an issue.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 04-03-2011 at 11:07 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #27
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Considering Dirk was off the charts before he got hurt and after he bounced back from rust...pretty silly to comment on Dirk's slump. I'm pretty sure he's allowed to have them.

The starting guards continue to be plagued with inconsistent play. If Barea is one of your most consistent options out of the backcourt, that's an issue.
I wouldn't say there's been anything inconsistent about Kidd over the past month or so. He did have one big fourth quarter against Phoenix. Other than that he's pretty much been the worst player on the team. Last year he ran out of gas in late April, this year it looks like it happened in March, while playing less minutes.

Probably not a knee jerk to say that he might just be done.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #28
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Cad's being a little overly-aggressive, but he's certainly correct. There's a pretty convincing case to be made that March was Dirk's best month since November. He ratcheted up his rebounding considerably. His efficiency has dropped a little but he's certainly been more than fine over the past month or so.

A couple recent games appear to be sticking in everyone's mind, along with the struggles of the team as a whole.

The focus needs to be on the guard play, which has just been atrocious. I spent most of the second half tonight pondering what the hell this team is going to do during the off season, and almost all of it centered around what to do at PG and SG.
This. And you're right, I am being a bit overly-aggressive, but it pisses me off to see asinine posts like this.

Our guard play is flat out embarrassingly. Lowest PPG of any starting backcourt in the NBA.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #29
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't say there's been anything inconsistent about Kidd over the past month or so. He did have one big fourth quarter against Phoenix. Other than that he's pretty much been the worst player on the team. Last year he ran out of gas in late April, this year it looks like it happened in March, while playing less minutes.

Probably not a knee jerk to say that he might just be done.
It might have been a feel when I was there but I'd say he looked pretty good in the Clippers game.

Either way, he needs rest over these last two weeks.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #30
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

Well I think that's what the topic at hand is. Dirk's been struggling for a couple of games. Or maybe not struggling but he hasn't been himself for about 5 games now IMO. Like I stated above, Dirk is the least of my concern but as of late this team has sucked and so has he. He's certainly not alone.

As far as the guard play goes it was terrible last season and it was terrible the season before and if they bring these same guards back it will be terrible again next season. Its been terrible and I see no reason why it wouldn't change this season. Its the same guards that we had last season. I don't know when the last time this team actually had a real shooting guard and i'm not talking about a 6'1 3 point chunker who disappears when the playoffs come around.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #31
CadBane
Banned

Again, he was great vs. LA and fine vs. the Clippers. He's played poorly in 3 games. Are you seriously concerned over that?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Well I think that's what the topic at hand is. Dirk's been struggling for a couple of games. Or maybe not struggling but he hasn't been himself for about 5 games now IMO. Like I stated above, Dirk is the least of my concern but as of late this team has sucked and so has he. He's certainly not alone.

As far as the guard play goes it was terrible last season and it was terrible the season before and if they bring these same guards back it will be terrible again next season. Its been terrible and I see no reason why it wouldn't change this season. Its the same guards that we had last season. I don't know when the last time this team actually had a real shooting guard and i'm not talking about a 6'1 3 point chunker who disappears when the playoffs come around.
Jason Kidd was destroying the three point line last year in the regular season. There was reason to hope that he had permanently turned himself into a dead-eye spot up three point shooter. His level of play over the last month is a much, much bigger story than Dirk having a poor couple of games.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #33
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Dirk sees the writing on the wall. You see it in his eyes, you see it in his posture. He has given up.

Never thought I'd see Dirk give up. But he really has.

He gave it one more, big effort against LA and played his butt off, maybe hoping that his team would come together around him, but that loss destroyed him. And there's nothing but quit in his eyes.

It's the most depressing thing I've ever seen.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #34
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Dirk sees the writing on the wall. You see it in his eyes, you see it in his posture. He has given up.

Never thought I'd see Dirk give up. But he really has.

He gave it one more, big effort against LA and played his butt off, maybe hoping that his team would come together around him, but that loss destroyed him. And there's nothing but quit in his eyes.

This is the most depressing post ever.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
This is the most depressing post ever.
It's also pretty melodramatic and over the top. I think it's far more likely that Dirk was simply exhausted at the end of this road trip, and at the end of a 4 games in 6 nights.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Hey...the motto is nothing matters but the playoffs so they'll get their chance then.

Still...Kidd is a biggest concern. Roddy is inexperienced and Terry's shot can come and go at any time....but Kidd's overall game is in the gutter big time. We need one more life from Mr. Kidd.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #37
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Jason Kidd was destroying the three point line last year in the regular season. There was reason to hope that he had permanently turned himself into a dead-eye spot up three point shooter. His level of play over the last month is a much, much bigger story than Dirk having a poor couple of games.
I don't know. I've never been a Kidd fan so maybe i'm speaking from a Kidd doubter perspective rather than speaking as a NBA fan but Kidd last season was a product of teams simply not giving a damn about him. They would literally leave him wide open for him to shoot a 3 with his toe on the line. I've never had confidence in his offensive game from jump. He's terrible at driving to the lane. His mid range game is not even worth noting. His 3 point shot has been inconsistent at best. I just hope the Mavs didn't go into this season expect much more than what Kidd is giving them. We came out of this offseason with Tyson Chandler and I questioned the move at the time but its ended up being a GREAT move. But I said this offseason the Mavs were more than a Tyson Chandler away from contending last season and that's what we came out of this offseason with. Tyson Chandler and that's it. The first position this team needs to look into acquiring is a legit two guard who can defend. Every other team can seem to find them but we can't.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:14 AM   #38
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
You haven't seen much in your life so far, have you?

He'll be on fire in the playoffs. If the Mavs suck then, you might be right.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #39
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Dirk has looked listless in the last few games especially tonight. But if form holds true he will crank it up in the playoffs. As to Terry he usually goes into the tank about this time of year and if he does well in the playoffs it will go against recent form and history. Kidd as far as I can remember hasn't ever played well in the playoffs at least for Dallas. I just hope that RC has the guts to sit Kidd if he doesn't play well but if he holds true to form he won't. It seems they have to put in JJB with Kidd and another guard to compensate for Kidds lack of offense. He hasn't only not been scoring but making bad plays and turnovers as well. It seems like we are in the same position that we have been in the last two years. Going into the playoffs with an ineffective Kidd and a bricking Terry. At least JJB is playing well and Roddy has gotten some experience. Perhaps Roddy is like Dirk and playoff time is his up time of the year.

It has been everyones belief that Kidd sucks in the playoff because he is tired from the regular season. That might well be true but it could also be true that he just like Terry doesn't play well at this time of the year. It could be that his level of fatigue only determines how badly he will suck. In the later years he has played for Dallas other than isolated individual games I don't ever remember him playing well consistantly in the playoffs. Perhaps they should not worry about catching the Lakers and just sit Kidd for multiple games. Perhaps even sit Dirk some if he is tired and running out of gas.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

He probably does see the writing on the wall.. The team's not catching the Lakers. They're the #3 seed and the rest of the regular season is pretty meaningless
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oneanddoneboys, return of the quack!, xdouchebagx