Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default AFC Title game: New England Patriots @ Indianapolis Colts (1/21/07 - 5:30PM CST)

Colts are favored by 3

Patriots at Colts
After defeating the Ravens in Baltimore 15-6 on Saturday, the Colts will have an extra day to prepare for this championship game and mend what ails them. Although it is just one day, the Colts will need the rest as they prepare for their third playoff game. This is also New England's third playoff game, and it is a familiar matchup. The Colts played at New England in Week 9, winning 27-20, and these teams' playoff battles are well-chronicled.

The Patriots were outplayed for most of the game against the Chargers, but they showed great resilience to leave San Diego with a victory. Surprisingly, the Colts have allowed just 14 combined points in their two playoff victories. It certainly can be argued that the Colts have been winning in the playoffs in spite of QB Peyton Manning's performances, while Patriots QB Tom Brady is an absolutely amazing 12-1 in the playoffs for his career. This familiar matchup between the best quarterbacks in the game could be the defining game of Manning's career.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be vCrazy to put any vcash on this one.

I am REALLY looking forward to watching this game. Should be a good one.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

go colts. I really hope manning wins the big one. he's too good of a quarterback not to, it just doesnt seem right.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

I'm putting my money where my heart is and that's always a bad idea.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #5
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

All in baby. go Brady!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The first time a Patriots Colts game comes in Indianapolis. The Colts have won 2 of the last 3 match ups.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:42 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think the Colts will take this one.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I like both teams but I guess I favor Brady and his Pats slightly. Same thing over in the NFC where I slightly favor Chicago.

However it ends up, this will be a fun Super Bowl to watch.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:14 AM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I really really hope Colts win this. Peyton deserves it, and I hate Brady.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:35 AM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I really really hope Colts win this. Peyton deserves it, and I hate Brady.
Agreed.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

itll be the colts. Dont underestimate this game being on the carpet in indy. Ill be shocked if its closer than 10 points.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
itll be the colts. Dont underestimate this game being on the carpet in indy. Ill be shocked if its closer than 10 points.
Brady is 12-0 on carpet in the playoffs and has never lost a Conference Championship game.

Last edited by Drbio; 01-20-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #13
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

The Colts have a loser head coach and a loser quarterback. Why would anyone be "shocked" if they lose again?

Billicheck and Brady are champions. They are the very definition of winners.

I say the game will be close until the 4th quarter. Winners win and losers lose. Patriots 27 - Colts 17
Old 01-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #14
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
The Colts have a loser head coach and a loser quarterback. Why would anyone be "shocked" if they lose again?

Billicheck and Brady are champions. They are the very definition of winners.

I say the game will be close until the 4th quarter. Winners win and losers lose. Patriots 27 - Colts 17
wanna bet? If the colts win, you have to sport sig saying that the mavs are better off with damp and avery than Nash and Nellie(ill tell you the exact sig then) if not, Ill sport a sig saying anything you want.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #15
Darth Ape
Banned

I already bet 1/3 of my Vbookie points. I just threw down another 100. Just for you!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

no interest in the other bet though?
Old 01-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #17
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

So far my vDay has been good... but now I'm screwed... the vDeal-with-the-Devil is going to put a stop to my winnings....
Old 01-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

the colts are winning this game, i just wish ape woulda taken my bet.

What i should get bonus points for predicting is that tom brady is going to have a poor game and be a huge part of the reason they lose. Hes going to throw 3 picks.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #19
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think the Colts will win a close one, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Pats win this one.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 01-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

i may be the only one that sees it this way but i really dont see it being close. the patriots are smoke and mirrors right now. I think it blows up this week and i think brady gets put in the situation manning has been in in the past of knowing he has to do too much for his team to have a prayer of winning and he ends up being the one who makes a bunch of mistakes. Like i said if its closer than 10 points ill be shocked. My pick would be

Colts 31 - patriots 17

Last edited by Five-ofan; 01-21-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:24 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

I doubt that score very seriously 5-0. I think the game could go either way but it is tough to bet against the Pats when Brady is 12-0 all time in the playoffs on carpet and the Pats have never lost a conference championship game.

Last edited by Drbio; 01-21-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #22
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I doubt that score very seriously 5-0. I think the game could go either way but it is tough to bet against the Pats when Brady is 12-0 all time in the playoffs on carpet and the Pats have never lost a conference championship game.
watch and wait. i had it at 31-10 but then i thought about it, and i think the pats put up a late pointless td that makes it look better so i went with 31-17
Old 01-21-2007, 06:28 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

We shall see. I figured the game to be within ten points either way.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #24
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

can't believe they are going for it....
Old 01-21-2007, 07:02 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

well, that worked pretty well.....
Old 01-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #26
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

This is already shaping up to be a really good game..

Old 01-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

What a crazy touchdown....
Old 01-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #28
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

How in the hell did the Colts players NOT recover that ball?!?
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #29
Five-ofan
Guru

this is why i mean they are smoke and mirrors. that play wasnt clutch, it wasnt good coaching, it was luck pure and simple. That may make up for the pointless late td i was talking about earlier.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
this is why i mean they are smoke and mirrors. that play wasnt clutch, it wasnt good coaching, it was luck pure and simple. That may make up for the pointless late td i was talking about earlier.
Good teams make good luck.

Smoke and mirrors or whatever you want to call it is kicking butt.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #31
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Wow, an offensive lineman just scored a TD...

How did the Colts not pick that up?

Old 01-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

So who had a lineman scoring the first touchdown?

anyone? Bueller?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #33
Five-ofan
Guru

dude you cant honestly think that was good coaching or anything. that was an alert play by mankins but come on. I really wish that play had happened on 4th instead of 3rd.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #34
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

That was pretty lucky, and the Colts are looking pretty good.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Good teams make good luck. Scoreboard.

I absolutely love watching that Addai kid play football. He is a stud.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #36
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

The Pats corners are doing a very good job, I thought that was going to be a TD.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #37
Five-ofan
Guru

well on the good side you did remind me of one of my favorite qoutes so ill let it go. Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. How did addai not get anymore love in the rookie of the year race? 1000 yards rushing and 400 receiving on a good team with a great ypc.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
well on the good side you did remind me of one of my favorite qoutes so ill let it go. Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. How did addai not get anymore love in the rookie of the year race? 1000 yards rushing and 400 receiving on a good team with a great ypc.
I thought he got jobbed myself. I had him on 2 fantasy teams this year and he was money.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #39
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I thought he got jobbed myself. I had him on 2 fantasy teams this year and he was money.
i still preferred vince over him and MAYBE jones-drew but how in the name of all that is holy did he not finish ahead of reggie? I already said that in the roty thread though.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:20 PM   #40
Five-ofan
Guru

big run, good play call.