Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-28-2005, 10:41 PM   #41
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Draft talk

On the bright side, it's only what, two weeks till training camp?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2005, 10:44 PM   #42
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

...a little longer than than but summer league starts next week...
Old 06-28-2005, 10:51 PM   #43
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Tonight blew. What a waste of time.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:53 PM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You sure, D2K? I was, of course, talking about Cowboys camp.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:54 PM   #45
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Draft talk

I wasn't expecting the mavs to do anything in the draft.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:55 PM   #46
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Tonight blew. What a waste of time.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Seriously, I thought the Mavs were going to pull a good trade off. I can't believe they didn't even grab a second rounder. I guess maybe they didn't lie to us and they are only going to look at 4 year college players that went undrafted ala Marquis Daniels.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:55 PM   #47
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The Cowboys don't start their glorious march to the Superbowl until July 28th...
Old 06-28-2005, 10:56 PM   #48
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°
I figured they would make a minor trade into round 2. I guess not.

The free agent pool is weak.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:58 PM   #49
dirno2000
Diamond Member

If we want to bring in a young PG to develop, I think John Lucas can play in the league...Will Bynum is another intriguing player.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:59 PM   #50
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

That defending SG from NC Charolette is still out there, Basden???? Someone was really high on him.
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:01 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
If we want to bring in a young PG to develop, I think John Lucas can play in the league...Will Bynum is another intriguing player.
We had Lucas for a while here in Waco. He's a good kid and a nice college hoops guy, but I just don't see him in the NBA. I can see him playing Euro ball or NBDL.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:03 PM   #52
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
The Cowboys don't start their glorious march to the Superbowl until July 28th...
Dangit, I thought they would be playing preseason games by then! I'd have sworn that camp started the second week of July or so. Ah, well.

Hey, I saw Rob Pettiti the other day. Big old boy. Looks pretty athletic, too.

I like the optimism. I, too, am more than confident that this is the year the Cowboys reclaim their rightful place at the top of the NFC East and more likely than not leave the rest of the conference in their wake as they steam toward their record sixth championship.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I don't at all mind derailing this thread since wasting four hours of my life on this draft basically derailed my whole evening.

Old 06-28-2005, 11:06 PM   #53
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

Global games end of July.
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:06 PM   #54
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

since the mavs may be in need of a guard. What about Alan Anderson or Keith Langford?
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:06 PM   #55
dirno2000
Diamond Member

His size is going to work against him but he's as smart a PG as I've seen the past couple of years.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:17 PM   #56
DallasMavaricks+Cowboys

DallasMavaricks+Cowboys is on a distinguished road

Chuck Hayes
Bodhi tells Utah, “They're punks. Nazis. Their brains are wired wrong. They hurt surfing because they give nothing back, and they have no respect for the sea. They just want to get radical. It's mindless aggression. They'll never get it, the spiritual side of it.” Utah responds, “You always talk like this? You're not gonna start chanting or anything are you?”
DallasMavaricks+Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:20 PM   #57
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wasn't either really, but thought they'd surprise us with something minor. Then Tom announces they've called a press conference and I was suckered into believing something was done.

How stupid to call a press conference to say nothing came of there talks. Stupid.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:31 PM   #58
DallasMavaricks+Cowboys

DallasMavaricks+Cowboys is on a distinguished road

Azabuike, Alan Anderson, Gilchrist, Donnel Taylor, Eddie Basden, Jawad Williams, Kennedy Winston,

Backup Big men
Dwayne Jones, Randolph Morris

Mavs got plenty of guys to pick from as far as free agents go.
Bodhi tells Utah, “They're punks. Nazis. Their brains are wired wrong. They hurt surfing because they give nothing back, and they have no respect for the sea. They just want to get radical. It's mindless aggression. They'll never get it, the spiritual side of it.” Utah responds, “You always talk like this? You're not gonna start chanting or anything are you?”
DallasMavaricks+Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:32 PM   #59
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

I'm actually pleased with the results. Sure I would've liked to get Granger or Green in the high teens but overall I don't think the Mavs missed too much. Besides, with the run on 2nd round high schoolers and internationals the undrafted pool is awesome ... Randolph Morris, Matt Walsh, Kennedy Winston, Dwayne Jones, Sean Banks, John Gilchrist, Eddie Basden, Will Bynum, Jawad Williams, Angelo Gigli and Kelenna Azubuike.

WHo is the next Marquise Daniels? Lots of options. Banks has lotto talent but he's crazy. Morris has great size... but I really like Winston.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:53 AM   #60
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...the press conference was senseless....draft was boring....rangers gave up a grand slam in extra innings..what a sucky night..

but hey..thank god we were able to give up Dan Dickau and our 2nd rounder for Darrell Armstong [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:02 AM   #61
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
but hey..thank god we were able to give up Dan Dickau and our 2nd rounder for Darrell Armstong
Yep, that was a pretty stupid trade. It costs us a little draft night excitement, costs Devin precious minutes that could have accelerated his development and now it’s all over, I don't think our season would have ended any differently had we not made the trade.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:04 AM   #62
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
but hey..thank god we were able to give up Dan Dickau and our 2nd rounder for Darrell Armstong
Yep, that was a pretty stupid trade. It costs us a little draft night excitement, costs Devin precious minutes that could have accelerated his development and now it’s all over, I don't think our season would have ended any differently had we not made the trade.
I have to say I agree. Although, DA did step it up a bit in the Houston series.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:46 AM   #63
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

I can't believe Danny Ainge. Two drafts, no lottery picks, and he comes away with Gerald Green and Al Jefferson.

And what is this boards obsession with the Lithuanian kid? The guy couldn't even get 185 lbs up on the bench, pass.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:28 AM   #64
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

You think hes moving Pierce?

I don't understand why he wouldn't be more active in trying to move Walker instead?

I really don't know anything about the Celtics or their organization, so bare with me. =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:45 AM   #65
The Miles

Cavaliers Acquire Rights to Martynas Andriuskevicius

CLEVELAND, June 28 – The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired the rights to forward/center Martynas Andriuskevicius (mar-TEE-nas on-droos-KE-vee-choos) from the Orlando Magic in exchange for a second-round pick in the 2006 NBA Draft and cash, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today.

Andriuskevicius, 19, was the 44th overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft by the Orlando Magic. The 7-2, 240 pounder, played for Zalgiris in the Lithuanian League last season, averaging 4.4 points and 2.5 rebounds in 9.6 minutes per game. In 15 Euroleague games in 2004-05, he averaged 1.4 points and 1.1 rebounds in 8.4 minutes per game. During his first season in the Lithuanian League, he played in 27 games averaging 17.0 points, 10.1 rebounds and 2.9 blocks. He was an early entry candidate for the 2004 NBA Draft but withdrew his name prior to the Draft.

“Martynas is a young, skilled big man who comes from the Sabonis School in Lithuania,” Ferry said. “He loves to play basketball and has a very good feel for the game. The combination of his size and skill are very rare. We are excited to have him in our program.”

The second-round pick that was traded to Orlando was the Cavaliers own second-round pick. Earlier in the day, Cleveland acquired a second-round pick in the 2006 NBA Draft and cash from the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for guard/forward Jiri Welsch.

LINK

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
Old 06-29-2005, 03:47 AM   #66
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Big Z a free agent?

Contact Me
Old 06-29-2005, 03:58 AM   #67
The Miles

Yeah.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:06 AM   #68
alby
Guru

Lebron better get some decent players around him, I feel sorry for him, I want to see him win. I hear he is pushing for Redd, but we'll see.

Contact Me
Old 06-29-2005, 04:19 AM   #69
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Redd will remain a Buck, he wants to be the "go to guy" on a team and he can't do that on the Cavs. Plus he was pretty excited that the Bucks landed the #1 picks and seems pretty confident as to where the franchise is heading.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:29 AM   #70
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

we should sign Taylor Coppenrath of vermont.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:18 AM   #71
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I hope PPod works out well because the Mavs could have had Wayne Simian or some other good American born player with that pick they traded away. Doesn't look to good right now.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote