Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default NBA fines Mavs for video

NBA fines Mavs for video

May 3, 2004

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dallas Mavericks were fined $25,000 by the NBA on Monday for showing a pregame video that ridiculed members of the Sacramento Kings.

The Mavs showed the collection of vignettes, some of questionable taste, before Game 3 of their playoff series against the Kings on April 24 in Dallas.

The Kings won the first-round series in five games.

Old 05-03-2004, 06:05 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:NBA fines Mavs for video

Good.
The Mavs don't need to act like a freaking classless organization. It's amazing, the coaches and players are just about as classy as they can get but the rest of the organization definitely doesn't follow their lead.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
NBA fines Mavs for video

May 3, 2004

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dallas Mavericks were fined $25,000 by the NBA on Monday for showing a pregame video that ridiculed members of the Sacramento Kings.

The Mavs showed the collection of vignettes, some of questionable taste, before Game 3 of their playoff series against the Kings on April 24 in Dallas.

BUT DID ANYONE SEEEE THESE???????? They were a SCREAM!!! The most hilarious vignettes EVER - definitely worth the fine (since I didn't have to pay it). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2004, 06:07 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
Quote:
NBA fines Mavs for video

May 3, 2004

BUT DID ANYONE SEEEE THESE???????? They were a SCREAM!!! The most hilarious vignettes EVER - definitely worth the fine (since I didn't have to pay it). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If having a classless organization is worth a few giggles, then I guess it was worth it.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:27 PM   #5
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Quote:
NBA fines Mavs for video

May 3, 2004

If having a classless organization is worth a few giggles, then I guess it was worth it.
umm, classless?? Did you actually see the video? it was an basically animation of the things the kings are known for...

they weren't even called queens or anything. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

and it was worth more than giggles, i'll tell you that.

Murphy, don't jump on my case. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You know I'm not classless!
Old 05-03-2004, 06:28 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Yes, I've seen the videos. They are classless.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:34 PM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
which parts?

Even Webber was smiling! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2004, 06:38 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

I just don't have alot of tolerance for the same b.s. that others do.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:46 PM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
I just don't have alot of tolerance for the same b.s. that others do.
I see. I'll give that to you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

edit: to add a little class. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2004, 07:27 PM   #10
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Haha! This thread is funny, Smiles. But $25,000, holy crap, Most of the players on this team make more than that in one game.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:45 PM   #11
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
Haha! This thread is funny, Smiles. But $25,000, holy crap, Most of the players on this team make more than that in one game.
That's a whole $1 per seat in the stadium...big deal
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: NBA fines Mavs for video

They should have fined them for the skit not being funny.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:37 PM   #13
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

stupid crap that makes you look even worse after you lose the series
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:33 AM   #14
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Well, remember Murph, Cuban said he 'sells entertainment, not standards'... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 08:36 AM   #15
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

What did this video even have on it?
That was the only game we won, that should tell you something........
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:27 AM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

animation. interviews.

"Chris Webber, why did you attend Michigan?" And then you see an animated Webber standing in a "downpour" of dollars while the song "Money, money, money" plays. And yes, he did seem to think it was funny.

Then they ask Christy something about why he makes that sign during games, and then you see him on a leash happily bounding along behind a "gorgeous" woman. i don't remember what song played (okay, this one was mean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]). I didn't see Christy at this time.

i don't remember the rest. i was distracted...
Old 05-04-2004, 11:32 AM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: NBA fines Mavs for video

25K is pocket change. The NBA needs to lighten up....it's turning into the No Fun League NFL.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:00 PM   #18
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
25K is pocket change. The NBA needs to lighten up....it's turning into the No Fun League NFL.
Tell me about it. The only punishment they should have received was the fact that they lost the series after this.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:59 PM   #19
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio 25K is pocket change. The NBA needs to lighten up....it's turning into the No Fun League NFL.
Tell me about it. The only punishment they should have received was the fact that they lost the series after this.
Well that cost a hell of a lot more than 25K. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 05:06 PM   #20
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

It's really disturbing that by simply illustrating the truth, the Mavs organization is fined. What hypocrisy we live in.....
Old 05-04-2004, 05:50 PM   #21
patti

patti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
which parts?

Even Webber was smiling! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I wouldnt agree that they are classless. A little tacky at worst, but not classless. Classless is showing a slow motion video of Karl Malone elbowing Steve Nash in the mouth and showing his bloody mouth. Poking fun at some players with a cartoon video is immature, but not classless. And it served the purpose, got the crowd riled up. CWebb and Bibby were laughing/smiling.
patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:39 PM   #22
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
I wouldnt agree that they are classless. A little tacky at worst, but not classless. Classless is showing a slow motion video of Karl Malone elbowing Steve Nash in the mouth and showing his bloody mouth. Poking fun at some players with a cartoon video is immature, but not classless. And it served the purpose, got the crowd riled up. CWebb and Bibby were laughing/smiling.
It gives them more to laugh about now that they won the series.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 08:18 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

It's really disturbing to see some of the views on the mavs being fined..i'm amazed that anyone could think that it was anything other than classless.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:09 PM   #24
mavsman55
Platinum Member

Who really cares if it had "class" or not? Even if it was "classless", it was just a joke. Kings didn't mind, the NBA shouldn't either.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:34 PM   #25
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Where did you see those? I want a link. I haven't seen those yet.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:54 AM   #26
mavsman55
Platinum Member

Neither have I mff. But I do know what was in them. I'll try to find a link.