Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2004, 04:56 PM   #1
Chelette

Chelette is on a distinguished road
Default Nellie coming back next season...who wants to stay, who wants to go somewhere else?

We have Nellie nightmares again.......witch means, no Championship next year......who do you think will like to stay on this team. who will like to go to another team?

Walker....of course....out of here no matter what.....
Bradley.....maybe he likes to play more....
Najera.......maybe he like to go to a team that plays "D"
Nash.......he will always be welcome in his home country (Toronto)
Dirk.......he can get tired on carrying the whole team on his back
Fortson...same as Bradley
Jamison.......???????
The 2 Rookies......well figured out, since they got more playing time than the Veterans...
Finley......oh those old days....he maybe want tto do something similar as karl Malone and ghary Payton..
Chelette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2004, 06:00 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Nellie coming back next season...who wants to stay, who wants to go somewhere else?

I heard there will be some changes in the coaching staff other than the head coaching position.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:57 PM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default RE:Nellie coming back next season...who wants to stay, who wants to go somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
I heard there will be some changes in the coaching staff other than the head coaching position.
Really? Where'd you hear that?
Old 05-03-2004, 07:01 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Nellie coming back next season...who wants to stay, who wants to go somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
Quote:
Really? Where'd you hear that?
Actually last night Derek Harper on TV quoted cuban urging Nellie to continue coaching but get help in the assistant coaches from somewhere else. This one would be mailny for defensive purposes.

Old 05-03-2004, 07:08 PM   #5
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Actually last night Derek Harper on TV quoted cuban urging Nellie to continue coaching but get help in the assistant coaches from somewhere else. This one would be mailny for defensive purposes.
Did he throw out any suggestions as to who to bring in?? This should be interesting... I wonder who he thinks should leave...?
Old 05-03-2004, 07:09 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I heard about changes in the coaching staff but it was about adding Avery Johnson not subtracting a coach.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:12 PM   #7
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default RE: Nellie coming back next season...who wants to stay, who wants to go somewhere else?

I think it was Avery too. But although Cuban did not suggest that they might subtract Del Harris , it is far too obvious that Cuban is not happy with the defensive effort the mavs gave and has not seen much improvement at the defensive end. I think it might lead to Del Harris getting fired.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:17 PM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think it was Avery too. But although Cuban did not suggest that they might subtract Del Harris , it is far too obvious that Cuban is not happy with the defensive effort the mavs gave and has not seen much improvement at the defensive end. I think it might lead to Del Harris getting fired.
which of the other assistant coaches/player development dudes are supposed to focus on the defensive side of things??
Old 05-03-2004, 07:18 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

I don't think Dale is fired however I think he does leave us this year. I wouldn't blame him for our defensive problems. I might put more of the blame on Nellie.

1996-2005
Old 05-03-2004, 07:19 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
Quote:
which of the other assistant coaches/player development dudes are supposed to focus on the defensive side of things??

You would think all of them. The Mavs don't need coaches on how to score.

1996-2005
Old 05-03-2004, 08:32 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie is to blame for all of the defensive problems. I'm sure that's what cubes has been sahying, that if he would just spend practice time on defense they would get better. Makes sense.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:24 PM   #12
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The mavs hold closed pratices. That's a bold statement saying that they don't pratice defense. Maybe if Shawn didn't play like a boob out their and would rebound this team would be much better. A las all the mavs best defenders are either a great rebounder(Fortson), a great gritty guy Najera or a great shot blocker Bradley. They played pretty gritty defense when it mattered in the playoffs. Three missed shots at the end of games the mavs could very easily have beaten Sacramento. The solution get all around players in the frontcourt. Guys like Keon Clark, Marcus Camby, Kenyon Martin etc. Good post defenders that can also score.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:55 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

JayC, it seems like one of the players mentioned this season just how little they do practice defense...something about every time they start to practice defense, it just somehow turns back into an offensive practice or somesuch.

anyone have the quote?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote