Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-24-2001, 11:21 AM   #1
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

can we stop arguing about whether or not finley has been a good shooter this year...and whether or not he's going to go downhill quickly because of the # of minutes.
It's obvious that his relative field goal percentage and points per shot are less than alot of 2-guards this year, but it's NOT WORTH ARGUING ABOUT ANYMORE. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH HIS STATISTICS, THEN THERE'S NO ARGUMENT TO BE MADE WITH ME BECAUSE THAT'S HOW I WAS BASING THAT ARGUMENT.

i just don't want to argue about it anymore (although, saying that, if anyone wants to argue with me, then i'll be forced to do so)

and no, finley isn't going to lose his game anytime soon..he probably has several years left at or near this level....
BUT PLEASE, LET'S ARGUE ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE

SINCERELY

LAM0015
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2001, 01:04 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Finley arguing is not as amusing as "Stickman" debate...

Old 03-24-2001, 01:10 PM   #3
LAM0015
Banned

hmm..well, i'm not sure i agree with you there..but i'm not gonna argue with you about it
Old 03-26-2001, 09:40 AM   #4
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

There's no reason to argue the obvious...

FINLEY IS GREAT!!!!!
Old 03-26-2001, 09:45 AM   #5
LAM0015
Banned

finley's an above average 2-guard
there you go again..trying to start up an argument.
Old 03-26-2001, 11:39 AM   #6
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

its obvious Shawn Bradley is just as "dominating" as he was straight out of college, compare and contrast the stats ... yuck.
Old 03-26-2001, 02:21 PM   #7
TheKid
Diamond Member

You make a lot of sense to me, resign Bradley but take trades that include something good for Finley. Makes a lot of sense to me!

I'm not arguing either, just stating facts. I've heard you say how good Dirk, Nash and Bradley are. How all them will improve and how much upside they all have. However, I've heard you poke MANY holes in Mike's game.

So I will say this and I will leave this debate alone. He's the ONLY ALL-STAR on the team, but he's only above average, however everyone else has the potential to be tops at their position in the league. I take it shooting guard is a pretty tough position in the NBA or Finley really does suck according to you that is???
Old 03-26-2001, 02:27 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Kid, I don't think LAM is one of the Bradley faithful... Personally, I love Fin, and don't think that he deserves the unfounded criticism- especially this year...

Old 03-26-2001, 03:21 PM   #9
TheKid
Diamond Member

Long live not only fin, but this entire Mavs squad. I love this nucleus, the only thing I want to change is get some more beef for the low post. Other than that, keep this squad I love everyone on this team. In the era anti-dynasties, we have an EXCELLENT chance to have one hear. Could you imagine how good this team would be if they all stuck together for the next two-three years!!! We'd be phenomanal.
Old 03-26-2001, 03:35 PM   #10
LAM0015
Banned

whoa...hold on..i have repeatedly said that i think finley is one of the top 5 two-guards in the NBA. All i'm stating is that cumulative shooting percentages are not one of his strong points this year.
and no, i'm not a bradley apologist.... i hope they sign him..but i hope they're smart about it.
I hope the mavs re-sign finley also.
i've said that probably 30 times....and i said i hope he's on the team next year unless the mavs get some trade offer that is too good to pass up.
i don't see why you have a problem with me saying that finley's cumulative shooting percentages are not near the top of two-guards in the NBA this year. No, it's not his strong point, but he is an above average 2-guard..one of the top 5 in the NBA by my point of view.
i'm giving him one area of criticism and then saying that he's a top 5 two-guard. everything about his game...dirk's game, nash's game, anyone's game is not perfect. we've also discussed how dirk needs to work on his low post moves and needs to continue to improve defensively.
you suffer from selective "reading". you only see the negative thing i say about finley and not the positive things.
Old 03-26-2001, 03:38 PM   #11
LAM0015
Banned

i've also said that i think finley will be playing at this same all star level for 4-6 more years.
ok..he's a two time all star..and i said he'll play at or around the same level for 4-6 more years...doesn't that lead you to believe that by what i'm saying, that i believe he'll end up with anywhere from 5-8 all star appearences?
read into some of the positives...come on now.thanks

and bradley, i think what we get out of him now is going to be what we get out of him in the future...
nash, i don't think he'll consistantly shoot this well in the upcoming years..i do think his assists may go up and his turnovers down..but that's just my opinion.
dirk...all upside
Old 03-26-2001, 03:53 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Finley's unselfish nature makes him the perfect fit here. I cringe at the thought of other supposedly more talented off guards starting for us. Kobe, Vince, Stackhouse, Iverson... All would destroy teach chemistry. The only guy I can think would be as good or better for this team is Ray Allen, and he is caught up in a bit of a shot hogging situation this year for the Bucks.

Of course, I'm a fan of Mike miller too.. but the salaries don't match.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 03:55 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I think Shaq would be a good fit here in BigD..that would take the Mavs-Lakers rivalry to new heights!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 04:00 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I've become a believer im Mr. Millers' game...

Old 03-26-2001, 04:18 PM   #15
TheKid
Diamond Member

Shaq would be a fit ANYWHERE!!!!
Old 03-26-2001, 04:20 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Anywhere without Kobe, that is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 04:36 PM   #17
TheKid
Diamond Member

Maybe we could get Mike Miller and John Amechi for Eisley and Gary Trent? I doubt Orlando would ever do that, but Miller would be a good player to have.
Old 03-26-2001, 06:49 PM   #18
derek harper

derek harper is on a distinguished road

i doubt mike miller's goes anywhere. but the magic do need a backup point.
derek harper is offline   Reply With Quote