Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-25-2001, 10:01 AM   #1
thirdbse

thirdbse is on a distinguished road

Booth got crunch time minutes in his second appearance,
Didnt get pushed around but twice,
I really liked laetner but this is looking like an even trade already,
Could use some emotion from Booth every once in a while.
I think Cuban was just being nice when he asid he wanted to try to get Laetner back. Big article in usa today this past week on Christian that mentioned that.
With Wang coming, I say no chance on that.
Laetner is a winner but has a soft game.
I say Booth for laetner is already a wash, very impressive

thirdbse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2001, 10:51 AM   #2
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

well, i think you're assuming something way to quickly...that zhizhi is going to have an immediate impact on the mavs.
there's a good chance that it might take a couple of years before zhizhi has any kind of impact...hopefully, it won't..but there's a good chance it will take awhile
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 01:34 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I really wouldn't call it a wash just yet. I like what I'm seeing from Booth, but I still have to give the edge to L8 for now. The guy could easily sink the mid-range jumper, drive to the basket, and bang around with the bigger guys down low.

Also, I doubt Wang gets any significant pt if he does suit up before the end of this season. He might be able to contribute next year (after some intense summer league play) but I still wouldn't bet money on it. Besides, he plays and is built like a sf right now anyway.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 01:36 PM   #4
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

WASH
Old 03-25-2001, 01:40 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

-INGTON

That's where he plays ya know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 01:41 PM   #6
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

good one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2001, 01:47 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'd say L8ner's got a slight advantage right now but only because of experience. I like Booth better though.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 02:47 PM   #8
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

I thought the key principles in the trade were Howard for Laettner?? With that said....Howard brings us another element that Laettner wasnt. Howard requires the other good PF's in the west to have to guard him INSTEAD of Dirk. Which is freeing up Dirk to do more. Nelson at the time of the trade says that BOOTH is better then ETAN THOMAS already. So we got better on both accounts. "If" Alexander ever reaches the potential that most think he talent suggest...it wont be for 2 more years..or so. By then, we will have resigned Juwan to a salary more commensurate with his talent. .... Or The Mavs can try to make something happen with Tim Duncan who will be available again 2003.
Old 03-25-2001, 02:59 PM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Our aquisition of Howards' mammoth contract may have a hidden goal of helping to facilitate a possible aquisition of Duncan in 2003... I am sure you remember all of our BSing about that a while ago on Sportstalk...

http://www.slamduncan.com/intro.htm (this is a very amusing Duncan link)
Old 03-25-2001, 03:57 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Also Laettner/Booth is a wash like Jason Kidd/Sam Cassel was... They are both very different players with very different strengths... I would be very pleased if we got Mr. Laettner back this Summer...

Old 03-25-2001, 04:10 PM   #11
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

I think the only way Laettner will be back with the Mavericks is if Booth does not resign. I don't think there is room for 3 centers on the team and I don't want to give L8 minutes at power forward at the expense of Harvey.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 04:25 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

For some inexplicable reason Laettner said he wanted to play for the Wiz next year anyway... I have always been a Duke and Laettner fan though, so I regretted seeing him go...

Old 03-25-2001, 05:12 PM   #13
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Personally, Princess Laettner can stay in Washington for all I care...I want Erick Strickland back. That dude was a clutch player and a great team guy.
Old 03-25-2001, 05:26 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Duke hater?
Old 03-25-2001, 07:13 PM   #15
thirdbse

thirdbse is on a distinguished road

I wonder how much getting Booth was Donnies idea?
He is the real scout around here
thirdbse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 08:14 PM   #16
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

nope...just think that L8 was a bit unpredicatble and was a whinner...I'd take one of those Duke boys from this draft...
Old 03-26-2001, 03:17 AM   #17
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Jordan already stated he won't allow L8tner to resign ... but we need a gaurd to back up Nash even worse.
Old 03-26-2001, 09:35 PM   #18
derek harper

derek harper is on a distinguished road

booth is a very underrated plaer in the league, the mavs should hold on to him, i say he could be as good as dale davis (with the pacers)
derek harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 02:39 AM   #19
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I just hope Boooth keeps working to improve after he gets paid. So many players, particularly centers, tail off after they get a big contract. Jim McIlvane, Ike Austin and Bryant Reeves for example.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:30 AM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

If Booth continues to play like he did last night, it's hands down. Advantage Booth.

We gotta re-sign this guy!

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 09:34 AM   #21
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

laettner gave the mavericks very solid minutes. he rebounded fairly well and shot the ball well while he was here... i'd love to have him back..i just don't think that there will be room on the roster for him....or trent
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote