Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #1
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold
Default Miami

will they win more or less games than last year?
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Less, cuz Shaq and Mourning will have to sit more games. They should have retired...
Old 08-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

less
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #4
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Less, cuz Shaq and Mourning will have to sit more games. They should have retired...
Why one earth should Shaq retire??? He is getting paid huge bucks and is still a premier center in this league at only 34...

Back to the question, I say they win more. Last year they only won 52 and if Riley comes back expect them to win around 58-60.
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

less. because I hate them now.

my will is very powerful.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #6
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Bobby Jones (golf), John Elway (football), Jackie Stewart (diving), Björn Borg (Tennis)

Why not go out on top? Shaq doesn't need more money, he's got so much money and will continue to make money until he dies. Jordan's career will always be tarnished by his experiences in the Wizards fiasco. If Shaq doesn't retire Payton and Mourning are incredibly stupid for continuing, Payton is completely ineffective except for a big shot here or there and Mourning is always one game away from retirement due to his kidney ailment; if there really is such an ailment.

Sadly, had Jordan somehow joined the Mavs in 02-03, I think he would have gotten a final championship.

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 08-03-2006 at 11:44 AM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:09 PM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
less. because I hate them now.

my will is very powerful.

that's about the same thought process I used
Old 08-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #8
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Unless DWade's hurt most of the season, they'll win more than 52... especially playing in that leastern conf.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:27 PM   #9
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

They'll definitely win more games in the regular season than they did last year.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #10
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

More assuming Pat Riley comes back....

- Conrad Burns

Last edited by nah-vit-ski; 08-03-2006 at 02:26 PM.
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on shaqs health. Personally i doubt he plays more than 55 games so less wouldnt shock me but neither would more. Ill say more i guess but im not confident in that at all.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Jordan's career will always be tarnished by his experiences in the Wizards fiasco.

Sadly, had Jordan somehow joined the Mavs in 02-03, I think he would have gotten a final championship.

Well Jordan averaged 20ppg i think in both seasons. And the 1st season, they were only a few games short of the playoffs. He wanted to come back and play, not for money, just for his love of the game. I wouldn't consider that tarnished at all.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:53 PM   #13
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Considering they are in the East... in a Southeast division compiled of the Heat, Atlanta, Charlotte, Orlando, and Washington i'd say they will win their share of games just because of how many times they will be given free W's. I still think they will win a lot less though because the teams arent nearly as bad as they were a few years ago and other team around the NBA that wouldnt have beaten them last year have gotten way better.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Bobby Jones (golf), John Elway (football), Jackie Stewart (diving), Björn Borg (Tennis)

Why not go out on top? Shaq doesn't need more money, he's got so much money and will continue to make money until he dies. Jordan's career will always be tarnished by his experiences in the Wizards fiasco. If Shaq doesn't retire Payton and Mourning are incredibly stupid for continuing, Payton is completely ineffective except for a big shot here or there and Mourning is always one game away from retirement due to his kidney ailment; if there really is such an ailment.

I don't think (and no one in the media thinks) that Jordans career was tarnished at all. Would have been interesting to see what the mavs could have done with him though.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

he wasnt much better than Finley in 02-03. It's not like we were so stacked except for one good shooting guard.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #16
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by some-dude
Back to the question, I say they win more. Last year they only won 52 and if Riley comes back expect them to win around 58-60.
I say they win more, but not 60.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote