Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-09-2006, 04:04 AM   #1
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future
Default Eddie Johnson Accused of Sexually Assaulting an 8-year-old

This just makes me sick....

Former NBA All-Star Eddie Johnson accused of sexually assaulting 8-year-old

August 9, 2006

OCALA, Fla. (AP) -- Former NBA All-Star Eddie Johnson has been arrested and charged with sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl, authorities said Tuesday night.

Johnson, 51, was charged Tuesday with sexual battery on a child under the age of 12 and residential burglary for entering the apartment where the girl was staying while her mother was out, said Sgt. Russ Kern of the Ocala police department.

Johnson was being held without bond at the Marion County jail. It was not immediately known if he was represented by an attorney.

The girl and her three brothers were staying in the apartment while their mother registered them at school, according to a police report. Johnson walked into the apartment uninvited and told the girl's 6-year-old brother to lock the door, police said.

The girl told detectives Johnson ordered her into a bedroom, where he sexually assaulted her, according to the police report. He then told her "not to tell anyone about what just happened," and tried to kiss her in the kitchen before leaving the apartment, the report stated.

She told her mother about the alleged assault when the woman returned to the apartment, police said. The girl's mother told detectives she knew Johnson from the neighborhood, but he had never had permission to be in her home.

Johnson was arrested in a field near the apartment building. He told detectives he had been in the apartment with the children, who were jumping on the bed.

He also told detectives he kissed the girl on the head, which he does all the neighborhood children "as a friendly gesture," according to the police report.

Since 1989, online Marion County court records show Johnson has had numerous convictions: burglary, battery, robbery, marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest, along with a charge last month of battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting or obstructing an officer without violence, the Ocala Star-Banner reported for Wednesday's editions.

Johnson, a 6-foot-2 guard from Auburn University, played in the NBA from 1977-1987 with the Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Seattle SuperSonics. He represented the Hawks in the 1980 and 1981 NBA All-Star games and scored 10,163 points in his career.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2006, 04:07 AM   #2
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

That's a shame.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:30 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Not the same Eddie Johnson that does commentary for the Suns, though.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-09-2006 at 04:31 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:22 AM   #4
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

EL is right. It's "Fast Eddie" Johnson the article's talking about. Not to be confused with the Eddie Johnson who played for the Suns and Rockets.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:22 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If true his genatalia should be removed with a rusty fork.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:05 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

terrible news.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:33 AM   #7
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

What a sick bastard...

give em' the chair...
Old 08-09-2006, 12:09 PM   #8
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

you gotta hate when one of your childhood heroes goes bad. growing up in memphis, about the only nba i got was the hawks on tbs. 'nique, tree, danny roundfield, doc, kevin willis, and fast eddie. damn, i loved those teams.

ok, all the memories aside - fry the perv.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #9
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

IF it's true he's a sick bastard..........but innocent until proven guilty.

I really hope it's not true.

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:07 AM   #10
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

On Rome, Skip Bayliss kept incorrectly saying that it was Eddie Johnson the former Sun's player and announcer. I kept listening thinking what a stupid ass, you're slandering this guy and you've got the wrong guy. Skip Bayless should be sued and lose his job, this is the same kind of crap Barkley and Kenny get away with, journalism fired from their ass, without doing any research.

F-Skip Bayless!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #11
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
On Rome, Skip Bayliss kept incorrectly saying that it was Eddie Johnson the former Sun's player and announcer. I kept listening thinking what a stupid ass, you're slandering this guy and you've got the wrong guy. Skip Bayless should be sued and lose his job, this is the same kind of crap Barkley and Kenny get away with, journalism fired from their ass, without doing any research.

F-Skip Bayless!
That's pathetic journalism on such a sensitive case. This is a new low for Bayliss!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

what a loser
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:36 PM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Mistaken identity 'devastating' for Eddie Johnson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

Eddie Johnson is still getting over what he calls the worst day of his life.

He scratched his way out of the Cabrini-Green housing project in Chicago, fashioned a long and successful NBA career, turned that into an opportunity on TV and built a reputation as an all-around good guy who loves to work with kids.

His worst scrape with the law involved a couple of traffic tickets.

Now he's dealing with a case of mistaken identity that shocked him and his friends and, he fears, might have permanently sullied his reputation.

"Devastating. Hard to explain," Johnson said Thursday.

Eddie Johnson was mistaken in some media reports for another Eddie Johnson -- a retired 10-year NBA player from Florida who was arrested Tuesday night and charged with sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl.

The Eddie Johnson who had nothing to do with that hideous accusation is a former Illinois star who went on to a 17-year career with the Kings, Suns, Rockets and other teams. But when some media reports about the alleged crime included his bio information and file photo linked on the Internet, his phone started ringing.

"The thing that disappointed me the most is some people were overzealous enough to think it was me and attack me with a ferocity I can't comprehend," Johnson said in a telephone interview from his home in Phoenix. "That's the part that didn't allow me to sleep last night. That's the part that forced me to reach out to as many people as I could and say 'Shame on you, that's not me.' "

Edward Arnet Johnson is 6-foot-8, does color commentary on Suns telecasts during the season, gives motivational speeches and runs basketball clinics for youngsters. He has a DVD that teaches kids how to shoot the jumper. He retired from the NBA in 1999 and is 47.

"He called me really upset about it," said Charles Barkley, a former teammate of Johnson's, who wanted to help him set the record straight. "It's a tough situation. He was on vacation in Hawaii. He gets back and the first thing he knows, he's dealing with this. And he's such a good dude. It's an unfortunate situation."

Edward "Fast Eddie" Johnson Jr. -- the one being held in a Florida jail on sexual battery and burglary charges -- is a 6-foot-2, two-time NBA All-Star who played most of his career in Atlanta. An Auburn alum, he retired in 1987 and is 51.

"I feel bad for Eddie Johnson of Phoenix and I feel really badly for Eddie Johnson of Auburn, because he never got his life together," Barkley said.

When Eddie Johnson of Phoenix was still playing and Eddie Johnson of Auburn was retired and getting into frequent trouble with the law, there was little problem differentiating between the two.

"There'd be a news story about Eddie Johnson, but they knew it wasn't me, because I was on the court and in the box score," said Eddie Johnson of Phoenix.

Now that they're both out of the game -- and especially during the offseason, when Johnson isn't on TV -- the chances are better for a misunderstanding like the one that occurred this week.

Eddie Johnson of Phoenix said his goal Thursday and for the next several days was to get the word out about who he really is -- and isn't.

"My name is everything," he said. "I don't fault the other Eddie Johnson for having that name. I think it's a great name. He just doesn't happen to be a great guy."
Old 08-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I feel really sorry for the other Eddie Johnson.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:35 AM   #15
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Bollocks!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Skip deserves to die a terrible professional death.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote