Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Just not touching the defense thing anymore... You refuse to address what our manager said but want to bring out something Pettis said. You believe what you want, but yeah, I do believe that Hamilton is one of the absolute best defensive outfielders in the game. I do not believe that Borbon is. He is very good, but he is not on Hamilton's level when you factor in the things Hamilton brings (they both have very good range - hell Borbon likely even has him there - but Hamilton has a plus plus arm and makes the very difficult catch). You believe what you want and I will believe what I want. Like I said, we are done there.

Regarding that link, what I saw was in August/September and was on LSB and it definitely had Crawford ahead of Lee at that time. I don't know if that changes over a year or if they are just two different sources but he absolutely was ahead of Lee earlier this year in something I read. Anyway, you know they are signing Jeter back, so would that equal us getting screwed if Lee chooses NY?
I would be much much more inclined to listen to Gary Pettis' views on outfield defense than Wash's. Now if were talking infield defense, Wash is one of the better guys in baseball to talk about that.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I would be much much more inclined to listen to Gary Pettis' views on outfield defense than Wash's. Now if were talking infield defense, Wash is one of the better guys in baseball to talk about that.
Come on 5-0... When Wash said that Pettis' quote was no where around. Want to look that up? I know I can find Wash's comments somewhere in the archives. You can say all day long that you would rather listen to Pettis' comments but they both know their shit. Do you really think someone that has been in the game as long as Washington can't judge an outfielder's ability to track down fly balls? I am not saying he didn't have good nerd stats and I am not saying that he wasn't a good defensive CF (keep in mind that I pointed out that those comments were at the BEGINNING of the 2010 season - in training camp and even before that). But don't make Washington out to be, well, you regarding his mental knowledge of the game just because he coached infield defense in the past.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-17-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote