Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-01-2021, 08:59 PM   #1
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
And I say you are wrong about 7’3” guys being more injury prone. I have done research that says otherwise.
History is not on your side. But whatever.

Quote:
And seriously - don’t start the argument up again if you don’t want to argue the point
Nah, I'll say it whenever I feel like it, thank you.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-01-2021 at 09:04 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:20 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
History is not on your side. But whatever.

Nah, I'll say it whenever I feel like it, thank you.
I think you don't understand the phrase, correlation is not causation. But whatever

Say it whenever you want to. I'll be your huckleberry
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:43 PM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I think you don't understand the phrase, correlation is not causation. But whatever.
I understand it exactly. Do you? It's actually hilarious that you bring it up, because that's exactly what I was thinking when you responded. You mentioning it undermines your argument because it actually concedes that there IS a correlation. Saying that correlation is not causation does not mean that there is no correlation. It means that merely that it isn't definitively proven that one thing is the cause of the other. And that is absolutely true. It isn't definitively proven, and I certainly can't prove that really, really tall players are injury prone. There have been no real scientific studies on this to my knowledge. But correlation IS a form of evidence, and it is suggestive of causation, if not definitive proof of it.

Quote:
Say it whenever you want to. I'll be your huckleberry
Good. Because I'm saying it again. There absolutely 100% is a correlation between being extremely tall and being injury prone. If you say otherwise, you are absolutely wrong.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-01-2021 at 09:43 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:16 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I understand it exactly. Do you? It's actually hilarious that you bring it up, because that's exactly what I was thinking when you responded. You mentioning it undermines your argument because it actually concedes that there IS a correlation. Saying that correlation is not causation does not mean that there is no correlation. It means that merely that it isn't definitively proven that one thing is the cause of the other. And that is absolutely true. It isn't definitively proven, and I certainly can't prove that really, really tall players are injury prone. There have been no real scientific studies on this to my knowledge. But correlation IS a form of evidence, and it is suggestive of causation, if not definitive proof of it.

Good. Because I'm saying it again. There absolutely 100% is a correlation between being extremely tall and being injury prone. If you say otherwise, you are absolutely wrong.
I don't think you understand

I do not believe that there is ANY connection between being 7'3" tall and being frequently injured. You do

I am saying even if there is a correlation between being 7'3" tall and being frequently injured (there's not) that doesn't mean that the CAUSE of the alleged injury-prone nature of this players is the fact that they are 7'3"

There can be no evidence that proves this because there have only been 26 players EVER play in the NBA that were 7'3" or taller. The sample group is TOO SMALL to prove anything

So again, you are absolutely wrong and your opinion is in the minority. And for someone who doesn't want to start this argument, you sure do wind it up

But you are right that KP is injury prone
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote