Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-09-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Caution...Democrats at Work

Ah yes, just another reason to back a democrat.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Caution...Democrats at Work

That is unfortunate.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:13 PM   #3
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Caution...Democrats at Work

Is it just me, or is it incredibly ironic that most democrats are anti-abstinence and pro-choice?
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

What a F'ed up world we live in.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:59 AM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Immoral degeneracy...
Old 07-10-2005, 07:59 AM   #6
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

first, that is not NARAL's banner.

second, I for one enjoy sex and abstinence stinks.

lastly, while abstinence advocacy to youth has its place (and has been done by all of our country's faiths) that alone has not and will not reduce teen pregnancy.

Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
It's the Washington Affiliate of NARAL. It has a direct link from the NARAL website. Such a "nuanced" answer.

Quote:

lastly, while abstinence advocacy to youth has its place (and has been done by all of our country's faiths) that alone has not and will not reduce teen pregnancy.
Another wonderful "nuanced" answer. Abstinence does not STINK when it is a personally derived at decision. Since you feel that abstinence stinks then I guess groupsex must be loverly, promiscuity must also be wonderful.

I quite thought that for my teenagers abstinence didn't STINK at all. And to be honest having the media and the democrats of NARAL out there telling them how square they were because they weren't having sex was offensive to me. It was NOT a help. It was just like when the media was promoting how cool drug use was, it's NOT a help.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #8
dude1394
Guru

How hyprocritical that the democrats can support the coercion of the tobacco industries into funding anti-smoking programs and advertisements but their own message is "abstinence stinks" and they dont' feel that it really has any impact.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #9
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:
It's the Washington Affiliate of NARAL. It has a direct link from the NARAL website. Such a "nuanced" answer.
ah, so it's a local thing.

Quote:

Another wonderful "nuanced" answer. Abstinence does not STINK when it is a personally derived at decision. [/quote]

well, yes, it was my "personally derived at decision", and I like sex with my mate, no nuance about it.

Quote:
Since you feel that abstinence stinks then I guess groupsex must be loverly, promiscuity must also be wonderful.
how you can go to "guess" about "group sex" is a leap you'll have to explain.
you know, promiscuity is also a "personally derived decision" too.

Quote:
I quite thought that for my teenagers abstinence didn't STINK at all.
they made their decision,and nobody should ostracise or punish them for that decision. the reverse is true as well.

Quote:
And to be honest having the media and the democrats of NARAL out there telling them how square they were because they weren't having sex was offensive to me. It was NOT a help. It was just like when the media was promoting how cool drug use was, it's NOT a help.
I'd love to see just where NARAL said your kids should be having sex.
according to your logic we shouldn't allow anything to be publicized that is contrary to your personal beliefs. now that's a wonderful example of the freedom of speech, let me tell you.

edit: My point is this, abstinence will not be successful as the program to stop teen/unwanted pregnancy. It can only be a part of a coordinated effort, an effort that includes sex education and access to contraceptives.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:
ah, so it's a local thing.
It's an official offiliate of NARAL. If NARAL wants to distance or berate them for it, lets' see it. It's sort of like embracing Michael Moore and then saying no I don't support him. Can't have it both ways.

Quote:
I quite thought that for my teenagers abstinence didn't STINK at all.

they made their decision,and nobody should ostracise or punish them for that decision. the reverse is true as well.
Sorry, having my 13-14 years olds out having sex is not something I support. Period. And they would have or were "punished" for it. They are too stupid to make that decision and I don't appreciate the media telling them that all adults thinks it A-OK! It's hard enough without that to deal with.

Quote:
And to be honest having the media and the democrats of NARAL out there telling them how square they were because they weren't having sex was offensive to me. It was NOT a help. It was just like when the media was promoting how cool drug use was, it's NOT a help.

I'd love to see just where NARAL said your kids should be having sex.
according to your logic we shouldn't allow anything to be publicized that is contrary to your personal beliefs. now that's a wonderful example of the freedom of speech, let me tell you.
Mavdog I never said a dang thing about their abilities to publicise such crapola. However that sure doesn't mean that I have to like, support, condone it. I don't. And of course NARAL didn't state "your kids should have sex" they did somethign imo more insidious.

They stated that "abstinence stinks". Or in other words "Choosing to NOT have sex stinks". You are not so naive to not know what they are talking about. So is the target, 30-40 year olds? Hell no. That is NOT a help. It's the same as ostracizing virgins in our society, it's NOT a help.