Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Carlos Boozer

I am amazed GS stayed this close to Utah. I must say Nelson has these guys playing hard. This Barnes i never knew of except when he played for UCLA and did not know he was in the NBA but he killed us and he looks good now. Look at these stats. Dallas has a team a little like Utah when we play Dampier and did Utah take their big men out? Play small ball like us? On Utah's behalf they do have Boozer and the opposite of Dirk. Boozer plays defense, rebounds and scores in the paint and in the end GS won't be able to deal with Boozer. He is a load in the paint but again look at this.

Utah 54 rebounds

GS 36 rebounds

Dallas should have killed GS in rebounding with Dampier and Diop and even Dirk but Avery chose not to play Dampier. Rebounding is a big key in winning. AK-47 had 7 blocks and says no to people that bring the ball into the paint. Williams is a good point guard and will put pressure on Davis to play defense and GS does not do defense the best. Boozer 20 rebounds and 3 steals. Okur is a big man also and does alot of things well also.

Utah only wins by 4 points, so GS and Nelson are really clicking because they should not be in the same class as Utah or Dallas but these guys are playing very hard.

Utah would not have been a cake walk for us either and it would have been a hard fought tough series. How did SA do against Utah this year? I like SA over Utah but i would not be surprised if it goes 6 or 7 and even if they upset them. SA does not like physical teams and Utah is physical. Problems i have seen with Utah is Harpring is a tough nosed player and plays like Jerry Sloan. At times he shoots good and at times he doesn't. Giricek is also very streaky and Utah needs a number 2 shooting guard that is always deadly. They must keep Boozer.

My hat is off to Don Nelson staying within 4 points of a very physical team and a team i thought would be GS easily.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
Giricek is also very streaky and Utah needs a number 2 shooting guard that is always deadly. They must keep Boozer.
derek fisher didnt play. hes a good jump shooter.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

2nd game, Boozer

9 for 14 shooting

12 for 14 free throw

13 rebounds and 30 points

I am amazed GS is staying this close to Utah. Nelson has them really playing hard. SA/Utah will be a hard fought physical match up.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

yeah it was a tough game
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
duboh7

duboh7 has a spectacular aura aboutduboh7 has a spectacular aura about

I was impressed with the rookie, Millsap. 21 min; 10 pts; 6 rb; overall good hustle & defense

17th pick in the 2nd round ..... he would have looked good as Dirk's backup. I think a lot of teams missed on him.
duboh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:36 AM   #6
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I agree on Milsap as he is a good physical player. I like him also. Now look what Boozer is doing. I stated this before the series began. We had no low post player on offense and Avery even took our defense out in Dampier.

GS can not stop Boozer at all. He is like Amare and tough inside, plus Ak-47 helping him. Duncan has to come to play or Boozer can really do it in the post. I feel Duncan can and will but it will be a good series.

GS is now reduced to a bombing team and what they reduced us to. Look at the shooting stats of game 4 with GS players. Boozer keeps on. Utah killed them rebounding and the more physical team, Utah shot 40 something ft's on GS court. This was a must for Nelson tonight and Sloan won the series tonight. This series is over.

In the playoffs, this is why physical low post men is so important and ones that can score. Phx needs a center to help Amare out and they could be very close to a title and Dallas needs a low post scorrer and we could have a nice title run. A guy like Camby could go pretty steep next year and even a guy ike PJ Brown that wants to retire, will probably take the money and stay because teams will pay him big time money.

Watch how Detroit loads up on big power forwards/centers and i feel SA gets by because Duncan is so great and yes he has good players around him but SA is thin at certain spots, if one or two was injured. Even a team like GS has alot now to build on and look forward to as they need what we need, Phx needs, and other teams need. A low post scorrer and they as well and Phx need one that defends.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:54 AM   #7
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Last game and why AK-47 must stay in Utah. He is very good.

They made Davis look bad. rebounding again and remember Sloan is smart and won't play Nellie/Avery small ball...

Utah 59 rebounds

GS 35 rebounds

You can't even be in a game rebounding small ball numbers like this.

AK 15 boards
Boozer 13
Milsap 12
Okur 10

Now this is some big boy basketball right here. If Utah can start making ft's and make a 3 sometimes, watch out as they have that middle plugged up. This is just like Detroit playing 4 power forwards. All about 6'9 to 6'11" but the 6'9"s play over 7'.

No way GS could play big boy basketball but Avery plays small ball and we suck the nba up. Utah, get you a good shooting guard at the 2 spot. By all means keep ak-47. This team can be a good team for years to come and a great find in Milsap.

GS should be proud of themselfs and they can build on this. I am interested in Utah/Phx or Utah/SA as i believe either series will be good. Duncan would come away with some bruises and Nash would try to beat big boy ball by speed, smartness and great passing. Interesting either way...

Congrats Sloan and Utah.