Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of
Default JVG Out

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05062007...ter_vecsey.htm

A lot of new coaches going into 07-08...
Old 05-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

"Houston is desperate for livelier bodies and a more 'athletically inclined' coach"

Looks like yet another team is looking to join the Don Nelson revolution
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I bet they cut Yao tomorrow and play all midgets next season....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

I think it's time for him to go. He has two of the best offensive players in the game at their respective positions, yet the club struggles to score. He is a great defensive coach but his offensive sets are basic. He also doesn't develop players that well. He just forces folks to fit in with his style, instead of taking advantage of theur strengths.

I would like to see Adleman or L.Brown in here. At least I know Adleman can come up with easyier ways to score....and hell, the Rockets would be exciting to watch again.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
"Houston is desperate for livelier bodies and a more 'athletically inclined' coach"

Looks like yet another team is looking to join the Don Nelson revolution
This was one of the most sluggish teams in the NBA. More athletic players on the Rockets is a far, far cry from suddenly becoming another Warrior team.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Yup, I bet they cut Yao tomorrow and play all midgets next season....
This post made me think. What do you think Nelson would do with the Rockets? He wouldn't get rid of Yao, but I bet he'd use him differently. Think of the matchup problems Nelson could exploit if he had a personell capable of both running with a team and pounding it inside.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
This post made me think. What do you think Nelson would do with the Rockets? He wouldn't get rid of Yao, but I bet he'd use him differently. Think of the matchup problems Nelson could exploit if he had a personell capable of both running with a team and pounding it inside.
My opinion?

I'm sure he would use Yao, if he had him.

But I honestly think, if someone gave him the choice of a team with Yao, or a team with say, McGrady as the focal point, he takes the team with McGrady every time.

The problem is, with Yao on the court, you are no longer able to run with a team.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

he could just tell Yao to cherry pick all day. yao wont get tired then lol.

rockets organization have a big problem of whos in charge of type of players. JVG should of had the most say but owner/GM all wanted their opinion and bring their guy in.
i doubt JVG wanted Snyder/Bonzi/Vspan in the first place.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #9
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki
I think it's time for him to go. He has two of the best offensive players in the game at their respective positions, yet the club struggles to score. He is a great defensive coach but his offensive sets are basic. He also doesn't develop players that well. He just forces folks to fit in with his style, instead of taking advantage of theur strengths.

I would like to see Adleman or L.Brown in here. At least I know Adleman can come up with easyier ways to score....and hell, the Rockets would be exciting to watch again.
as long as its fundementally sound basketball "exciting" and not flashy, arrogant offense with no substance.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:37 AM   #10
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

The Rockets are denying it:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...an-gundy_N.htm
Old 05-07-2007, 11:10 AM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

when your starting juwon howard and yao ming at the 4 and 5, you are destined to be ridiculously unathletic.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote