Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-02-2002, 01:59 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

How weird will it be to turn on the Cowboy game on Sunday and not see that crappy lime-green astroturf?

Should have done it years ago.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2002, 03:11 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This fake grass stuff is neat. It's the stuff they used in San Antonio.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 03:25 PM   #3
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

as long as it looks real and it's safer, its all good. I hate looking at turf, watching games on grass just seems better.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:42 PM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Amen, Dooby.

I think turf is the worst invention since the automated sprinklers at my apartment complex that water my truck more than they do the grass.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 10:07 PM   #5
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

I wonder if they change the center Star also? The blue end zones should be gone...nice clean modern look...and the stuff will cut down on the injuries.
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 02:47 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< The blue end zones should be gone.... >>

Endzones are still blue. Don't know about the mid-field star though.

It's the same turf they used in training camp in San Antonio.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 09:19 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Well, how'd everybody like the new turf? It definitly looks a TON better then the old stuff. But it seems like alot of the players were having trouble running on it though.

Btw, They said during pre-game that the new turf(called Real Grass/Turf) is the first one EVER used in an arena in the US. So I'm wondering, whats the difference between this turf and the other kind of fake grass turf stuff used at Nebraska and Tampa Bay, among others.

Old 10-06-2002, 09:54 PM   #8
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Well after the game the only difference I can see is it is slicker [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I am confused if the others worked OK, why did we introduce a new terf

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 10:27 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It's supposed to me a lot softer than turf and less abrasive. I hope they smooth it out though. Guys were tripping all day.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 10:38 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quincy tripped alot today and I remember a play Wiley tripped also. Emmitt looked like he was in ehaven with the grass so im coo witht he grass. Matter of fact no one looked comfortable other than Emmitt lol. Hambrick couldnt run and get anything.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 10:41 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Several player were complaining that the grass is too tall. That's why you saw alot of people tripping.