Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default With their latest play ? ?

With their latest play, I don't think that PG is the biggest need anymore. Jet and Harris I think will be fine, with a little more seasoning. IMO, a player that can guard the quick Bigs, like Amare and KG is the last piece needed besides time. Well, and maybe another spot up shooter.

Who is available or could be gotten for TAW, Booth, and/or Armstrong? Anyone that could fill that role, that is only needed against a couple of teams, ie Phoenix, Seattle, Minn? I used these three because I don't see the role that these three have on the team any more.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: With their latest play ? ?

I'd honestly like to see mbenga back in for armstrong...Another atheletic body out there would be nice.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:33 PM   #3
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:With their latest play ? ?

I don't think the Mavs need to add any other pieces at this point -- they just need to play with the roster they currently have and get comfortable with each other. Since Nellie has stuck with a more traditional lineup (i.e., using Terry and Dampier in the starting lineup), the Mavs have been on a roll. There's no reason to think that they can't continue said roll.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Damp may need a couple of games rest, though. Minor pull of something the other night.

I'd like to see both DA and M'Benga developed, but M'Benga could hypothetically be a guy that could guard athletic bigs. He'll take A LOT of work, but he certainly has the attitude and the body for it. He just needs to learn to move his feet and balance risks. I'd say with some garbage PT he could be ready for 3-4 minutes of backup PT by the end of the year. From what I've heard he's a smart guy and he's one of the most athletically gifted guys in the league.

He needed to learn the game of basketball better before he came here and he needs to learn the NBA not that he is here, but even if he isnt ready this season or next, he'll still learn faster if he gets to play.

DA is a guy that knows the league very well and could contribute more quickly and effectively, but he's also a guy that is playing a crowded position and one where we are already developing someone. If Daniels does not feel significantly better and he'll take time, then put him on the IR and pull of M'Benga. As it is, I'd probably pull M'Benga off the list so that he could play in blowouts.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

The way things have been going it's hard to pick out any obvious weaknesses in the roster that absolutely need to be addressed. That said, you have to keep your eyes open. If somebody like Shane Battier or Tyson Chandler became available (both admittedly very unlikely), or if a healthy Karl Malone expressed interest in signing on, I'd hope the Mavs would take a serious look.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:53 PM   #6
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

I would take Chandler in a heartbeat...an athletic 7'1 guy that can score and rebound?
Old 01-09-2005, 11:18 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I forgot where I read it at but the Grizz don't want to part with Battier. As of late I don't really think the Bulls want to part with Chandler but as of right now I have no problem with this team. I'd like another spot up shooter who can drill an open jumper but when healthy can't Marquis do that? I'm fine. I don't think this team could go through another player coming into the rotation.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'd grab Chandler as quick as I could could. The kid is going to be a steady rebounder shotblocker for years. And paired with a competent big man a la Dirk, he could could get double digit points off of "junk."

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:13 AM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

GMC was right when he said "admittedly unlikely" about the prospects of acquiring Chandler.

Last time I checked, the Bulls were a pretty hot team with very real aspirations of making the playoffs in the East this year. They're not gonna give us Chandler. He fits their team much better than anything we would offer.

Old 01-10-2005, 08:37 AM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

The only Mavs need I see is a spot up three point shooter that can play a little D off the bench. Basically, for those moments when we need to hit a three and we don't want Howard, Daniels or Henderson on the court. We don't need a star; we don't need a name. We need a Steve Kerr equivalent. It is odd because you think there are a million of those guys out there.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #11
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

This long bench we got is going to be killer in the playoffs.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #12
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Just wait for the next little losing streak and people will be going crazy in the trade forum again. I like the team as it is...sure it could be tweaked...but I'd like to see it develop as it is.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like the team as it is...sure it could be tweaked...but I'd like to see it develop as it is.
No doubt. This is the first time in the current era of the team that we really just need to sit back and wait for things to develop. It may be this year, it may be next, but no major moves are needed. In fact, no moves at all are needed, unless a bench shooter can be had cheaply.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #14
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
I like the team as it is...sure it could be tweaked...but I'd like to see it develop as it is.
No doubt. This is the first time in the current era of the team that we really just need to sit back and wait for things to develop. It may be this year, it may be next, but no major moves are needed. In fact, no moves at all are needed, unless a bench shooter can be had cheaply.

even with Nellie as coach?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]