Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Creepy audio from Radio stunt

You've probably heard of the radio stunt that resulted in a woman's death in California.

What kind of responsibility do you think these guys should face?

Criminal charges?

Civil lawsuit?

http://www.sacbee.com/static/newsroom/kdndslides/

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2007, 11:47 PM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm...I guess I screwed up my title...would a mod please edit it for me?

Pretty please...its supposed to say "creepy".

Thanks in advance.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-19-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

Family sue over Wii stunt death
Sacramento radio station KDND is being sued by the family of the woman who tragically died trying to win a Wii for her children.

Earlier in the week we reported on the sorry tale of the young mother who died of water intoxication after taking part in a radio stunt to win a Nintendo Wii. Jennifer Strange 28, mother of three, drank so much water during the competition that it lead to her death.

As we reported previously, the radio station fired ten members of staff, but as you expect, Ms Strange's family aren't seeing that as the end of the line for this tragedy. During the competition the DJs joked about the potential dangers of the competition and ignored health warnings from concerned listeners. The family are now bringing a wrongful death suit.

"The station knew this was a dangerous and potentially deadly stunt, but flippantly dismissed the dangers," said the bereaved family's lawyer Roger Dreyer. "Hearing the tape it's very clear they knew of the dangers and could foresee that this could lead to Jennifer's death."

"Outrageousness at any cost has become the industry standard - the trashier and more humiliating the better," Dreyer continued. "It's time to stop the recklessness."

Dreyer said the suit would be filed following a memorial service for Ms Strange.

Meanwhile online reports suggest that the local police are investigating the case to see if criminal charges should be brought against former radio station employees. This would be despite the previous claim of Sacramento County Sheriff John McGuinnes that he didn't think there were criminal charges to answer.

http://ngc.boomtown.net/en_uk/articl...w.php?id=13272

Old 01-20-2007, 12:03 AM   #4
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

i saw that, thats incredible, can you imagine how those djs feel?
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Just because someone suffers doesn't mean a party that didn't suffer is responsible.

Contestants understood the risks. They, as far as I can tell, signed the release.

As sad as this story is, I for one won't blindly blame the network.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:15 AM   #6
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

did you read what the djs were doing though? i dont think it was directly their fault, but the fact they were laughing and joking about water intoxication and the size of her stomach because it became distended is just wrong
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:26 AM   #7
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueVan
did you read what the djs were doing though? i dont think it was directly their fault, but the fact they were laughing and joking about water intoxication and the size of her stomach because it became distended is just wrong
True that, but legal prosecution is still unjustified, IMO.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote