Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default MFFL

I am excited about another fifty win season. Kidd throwing alley-oop passes to Gerald Green and Antoine Wright. I want to see Howard score 40 points in a game one more time. He was playing at an all-star level before he was injured. Rick is a great coach he was there when Jermaine was playing at an MVP level. When Artest hit a fan and they still made it to the playoffs. Josh maybe a little foolish and immature but he isn't the ghetto figure ron ron is.

The Combination of Diop and Dampier is a good duo. Avery had a brain fart two years ago and decided against what had worked for his team to make it to the NBA Finals and win 67 games by playing Diop and Dampier the majority of the center minutes.

The number one reason to be excited is Dirk Nowitzki. The former MVP always works on his game and every year improves an aspect of it. He has made himself a good rebounder, a solid defender and an above average passer. He always has had a knack of hitting big shots. Drinking the Kool Aid
JC
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:03 AM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

50 wins and another early playoff exit. Whoopity doo. Can't wait.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
50 wins and another early playoff exit. Whoopity doo. Can't wait.
ROFL

thank you for that, eeyore

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 08-12-2008 at 12:08 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:34 AM   #4
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think this team will be an Average team, they won't suck but they won't be elite anymore though. Since I've been very pessimistic these days Ill be optimistic for now, I think every one will do better under Carlislie just because they don't have to worry about beating their man off the dribble 1 on 1 style any more. Our Defense will improve thanks to Carlislie and the return of Diop. I won't get into my opinion of Kidd on here but all I will say is that I think we need a solid young back up point guard for Kidd ASAP.

Someone like a Marcus Williams or Javaris Crittenton would be perfect for this team, I don't know how we would get them though because we don't have many trade chips left. We need a solid young back up PG SOON...
Old 08-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I have a dream.. that one day, I could wake up 10 and a half months from now, and smile and think, Carlisle was the answer.

Not all dreams come true.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
payne

payne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41
I have a dream.. that one day, I could wake up 10 and a half months from now, and smile and think, Carlisle was the answer.

Not all dreams come true.

but this is the Nba, where dreams happen.
payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I think there is a chance the MAvs surprise a lot of people this year. The problem is, that without acquiring someone new, all our hopes lie in JHO. Remember before the end of the season, when he and one of either Jet and Stack were on, we looked good. Problem is you can't rely on any three of them on any given night. So I think this team will fade in an out of looking great, and being avg. I think the defense will be better with Diop back, and a new coach to regain focus.
But in the end, the playoff hopes will lie in the hands of JHO, and one of either Jet or Stack. JHO needs to step up, and be consistant, and this team will be a top 4 seed. And maybe one of the younguns will surprise and contribute. Point is, with Kidd, we need people to put the ball in the basket. No one could do that against the hornets.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

DFFL

DIRK FAN FOR LIFE
Old 08-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as Dirk is healthy and he's a Maverick, I'm going to believe...he's just that amazing.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #10
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

I believe that the mavs will figure it out and gerald green will have a break out season. Josh howard will weed his way through his issues and have a all star year. GO MAVS
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #11
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomThaMavsFan
I believe that the mavs will figure it out and gerald green will have a break out season. Josh howard will weed his way through his issues and have a all star year. GO MAVS

I see what you did there.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #12
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

struggle for the 8th seed, josh howard hoopla and trade talk all year long, and rick carlisle (who has failed everywhere he has been....couldn't win the ring in Detroit, couldn't get it done in Indiana)......i'll follow the mavs online...it's not worth my time to watch them struggle.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #13
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
struggle for the 8th seed, josh howard hoopla and trade talk all year long, and rick carlisle (who has failed everywhere he has been....couldn't win the ring in Detroit, couldn't get it done in Indiana)......i'll follow the mavs online...it's not worth my time to watch them struggle.

The Pistons under Carlisle if I recall were only good for 1 year... and even then they were only a 50 win team. They lost 4-0 to the nets in the playoffs, I dunno if getting swept ever means you were outcoached, maybe your team just wasn't good enough... plus they weren't beating the Duncan/Robinson frontline in the Finals, anyway... the ring ensued after the acquisition of Rasheed, which was when larry brown was head coach.

As for the Pacers, they did fall short that one year they won 61 games to a great defensive Piston team in the playoffs... but they were banged up... and the year after, the brawl at the palace kinda sealed their fate in the season.

In any case, I do believe Carlisle is a definite upgrade from Avery.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
The Pistons under Carlisle if I recall were only good for 1 year... and even then they were only a 50 win team. They lost 4-0 to the nets in the playoffs, I dunno if getting swept ever means you were outcoached, maybe your team just wasn't good enough... plus they weren't beating the Duncan/Robinson frontline in the Finals, anyway... the ring ensued after the acquisition of Rasheed, which was when larry brown was head coach.

As for the Pacers, they did fall short that one year they won 61 games to a great defensive Piston team in the playoffs... but they were banged up... and the year after, the brawl at the palace kinda sealed their fate in the season.

In any case, I do believe Carlisle is a definite upgrade from Avery.
Carlistle Piston teams is not the team not won it all. They basically added Rasheed Wallace for nothing. Prince was a big time find in the 2003 playoffs, but inexperienced when playing the defending Eastern Champs in the Nets. I think Carlisle had more to do with instituting an attitude with the starting 4, then strategy. It was basically a bunch of reclamation parts, in Billups, Rip, and Ben Wallace, untapped talents in Okur and Prince. He got the team operating as a unit. Adding Rasheed, Prince's experience basically pushed them to the next level. In Indy, Carlisle never got a shot there, Indy was the favorite his 2nd seaosn, but the malice in the Palace took care of that and he never got close....hey 3rd time is the charm. Now he's taking over someone else's (avery)talented mess.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #15
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
It is also not worth your time to post in this forrum. Thank you, goodbye.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Right, because what you do is just that important, you don't have time to be a real fan and endure the heartache like other MF's. I guess you'll start watching when there is a guaranteed championship coming to BigD.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #17
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I am optimistic in this season. We added some size with Diop, some youth and athleticism with Green, and some coaching with Carlisle.

I expect bigger things out of Howard and Kidd this year, I expect Dirk to be Dirk, I expect Terry to fulfill his role like always. I expect Kidd to yield some more offense out of offensively inept players like Diop and Damp.

I expect (hope ) Green will utilize some of his talent and be a serviceable role player.

I also expect (hope ) for a championship.

GO MAVS

We also have to keep in mind we were only 6 games out of the 1st seed last year. When you say we only won 1 playoff game, it seems like we're a long way off.... but over the course of 82 games, the best Western team was only 6 games better than us. Yes, The Lakers will have Bynum and the Lakers acquired Artest, but if it ain't easy, it ain't worth a damn baby.

Last edited by ghazi; 08-10-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #18
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
Yes, The Lakers will have Bynum and the Rockets acquired Artest, but if it ain't easy, it ain't worth a damn baby.
Fixed. Don't ever scare me like that again.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #19
ghazi
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Fixed. Don't ever scare me like that again.

oops lol, sorry
Old 08-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #20
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

BOO NONBELIEVERS
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:22 PM   #21
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

50 wins? Really? Time to wake up.

The only thing i'm looking forward to more than watching Dirk do his thing next season is the inevitable high risk deal that we'll be making when we are NO WHERE near our expectations around mid seasons. Hopefully this time we can screw the other team (like we would have with a Smith/Howard swap).
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #22
twosauce

twosauce can only hope to improve

ide rather make the 8th seed and win the championship, than win 60 games and llose in the first round. but i dont see either happening. this team sucks. average and old players. we should have kept harris. and the shitty thing is, is that if we end up in the lottery next year, that pick will go to new jersey
twosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:00 AM   #23
ghazi
Platinum Member

lol, you say this team is full of "average" players, yet you say we should've kept Harris.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #24
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I'd rather be young and average (but full of potential) than old and barely making the playoffs... hell even if we made it to the finals and lose i'd STILL want the young potential because if you aren't the champions your just part of the 29 runner ups... nobody cares about the best loser, only the winner.

It's been that way since day one after the trade, the point was to win immediately. If we're not looking like contenders i'm not sure how anyone can defend this trade anymore except out of sheer stubborness. Our front office made a mistake, it happens... despite being 'professionals' they aren't perfect.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #25
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

what was the point of this thread
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #26
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
what was the point of this thread
to make me sad.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #27
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know when Dirk's contract is up? I'm wondering if we fail again this year, Dirk would want a trade to a contender during his prime. ???
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier
Does anyone know when Dirk's contract is up? I'm wondering if we fail again this year, Dirk would want a trade to a contender during his prime. ???
I don't think he's built that way to be honest. This is his team and he's going to go down swinging with it. Only if the mavs cut him would he go I expect.

He might decide europe is more fun in the future sometime, but I don't think he'll be looking to jump ship.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #29
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

why don't you people that complain about the mavs just go away? it's obvious some of you are just bandwagon mavs fans. go watch another team if it's "so hard to watch the mavs now". sure, I'm frustrated with how some things are going. But the Mavs are my team. I will support them and watch every game I can no matter how they do. For god sakes, even if they "suck" this year, I am betting they are a 50+ win team. Do I have much hope that they will win it all this year? Not really but that doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy watching every game of theirs that I can. Remember when the Mavs truly sucked in the 90s? How about that. I watched them then too when everybody around me refused to watch them because they lost. What kind of fans are you people. Fan stands for fanatic and it's obvious that some people here are not that.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
why don't you people that complain about the mavs just go away? it's obvious some of you are just bandwagon mavs fans. go watch another team if it's "so hard to watch the mavs now". sure, I'm frustrated with how some things are going. But the Mavs are my team. I will support them and watch every game I can no matter how they do. For god sakes, even if they "suck" this year, I am betting they are a 50+ win team. Do I have much hope that they will win it all this year? Not really but that doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy watching every game of theirs that I can. Remember when the Mavs truly sucked in the 90s? How about that. I watched them then too when everybody around me refused to watch them because they lost. What kind of fans are you people. Fan stands for fanatic and it's obvious that some people here are not that.
Band wagon fans likely aren't posting on an internet message board on an August afternoon in the smack middle of the looong off-season.

For some people (like me) their passion for a team manifests itself sometimes in the realization of how bad the team possibly COULD be next year. They could have valid points and valid concerns.

Every subject of debate and discussion needs dissenting points of view. There wouldn't be much point in having a message board otherwise. Life isn't one big circle jerk and neither is this board.

Some of these people that claim they won't be watching next season are lying to themselves anyway. They care enough to be expressing their opinion about it to a bunch of strangers. They'll be watching.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #31
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Band wagon fans likely aren't posting on an internet message board on an August afternoon in the smack middle of the looong off-season.

For some people (like me) their passion for a team manifests itself sometimes in the realization of how bad the team possibly COULD be next year. They could have valid points and valid concerns.

Every subject of debate and discussion needs dissenting points of view. There wouldn't be much point in having a message board otherwise. Life isn't one big circle jerk and neither is this board.

Some of these people that claim they won't be watching next season are lying to themselves anyway. They care enough to be expressing their opinion about it to a bunch of strangers. They'll be watching.
I think you underestimate "desperate loneliness" and "need for acceptance"...

Personally, I don't watch the Mavs - I'm just posting here to garner enough +rep to eventually trade in for a yacht (you can do that with rep, can't you?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-12-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #32
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Im FaNaTiC!!!!!

I am a self-proclaimed realistic fanatic. I will watch the MAvs no matter what as well. It's like having a retarded kid, your not gonna stop loving it because of the way it is right? ;/ But now that don't mean I can't complain either.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
Im FaNaTiC!!!!!

I am a self-proclaimed realistic fanatic. I will watch the MAvs no matter what as well. It's like having a retarded kid, your not gonna stop loving it because of the way it is right? ;/ But now that don't mean I can't complain either.
There you have it folks. The Mavericks are like your retarded child. SMC said so.