Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-31-2001, 02:53 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

For our resident tech head [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

I've got a 27" WEGA that supports 16:9 screen size(or what ever the hell it's called). The Playstation 2 also supports 16:9.

My question to you is. What does this do for me?

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2001, 11:24 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

C'mon, somebody's gotta know.

Old 08-01-2001, 03:25 AM   #3
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

What do you wanna know about it, how you can choose between 16:9 or 4:3 on a game, or what?
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 02:37 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I just wanna know what the difference is. Should I be useing the 16:9 mode for videogames and DVD's? Which is better, 4:3 or 16:9?

Old 08-01-2001, 08:22 PM   #5
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

It depends. If the game or DVD does support 16:9 that´s clearly the better mode. If 16:9 is not supported by the DVD or anything you want to watch in TV, then most TV sets are able to digitally emulate 16:9. In this mode the quality of the picture could suffer (but Sony TV´s usually emulate pretty good). So if your DVD or game doesn´t seem to support 16:9 (I don´t know about PS2, maybe all of the games support it?) you should consider 4:3 if you have a feeling that the picture quality suffers in emulation.
I have a Panasonic Flat 16:9, and whenever it is available I choose 16:9 over 4:3.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 08:47 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yeah, the games(atleast some of them) support 16:9 and I tried it today and frankly didn't like it. It smashed the screen from the sides in. I thought it was supposed to smash from the top and bottom, but it didn't. It made everything on screen smaller and the menus harder to read.

Oh well, thanks anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2001, 05:34 AM   #7
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

I guess you have to select the 16:9 mode on the games.
Like this it works on my Loewe 16:9 with GT2 for PS1.
Old 08-02-2001, 06:35 AM   #8
Platinum Member

And it looks far better than with 4:3!