Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts
Default Mavs Salary Thread

This is getting hard to follow so I thought we can put known salaries in here. I'll start with the newest Maverick and update the OP as others are added in.

Elton Brand: $2.1mm (1 year)
Dirk Nowitzki: $20.9mm
Vince Schticky ShamWow: $3.09
Shawn Marion: $8.4
Brendon Haywood: Cuban's pocketbook.
Darren Collison: $2.32
Chris Kaman: $8,000,000 (thanks jthig)
Jae Crowder: Doesn't count against cap.
Rodrigue Beaubois: $2.22mm
Dominique Jones: $1.28mm
Jared Cunningham: $963,600
Brandan Wright: $992,680
Tadija Dragicevic: Don't know why I'm even listing him but he's on the official site roster. $0.00.
Bernard James: Doesn't count against cap.
Dahntay Jones $2,900,000 (jthig)

Last edited by The Ghost of Championship; 07-13-2012 at 05:24 PM.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk $20,907,128
Marion $8,396,364
Carter $3,090,000
Roddy $2,227,333
Dom Jones $1,276,560
Wright $992,680
Cunningham(hold) $993,600
Kaman (not offical yet) $8,000,000
Dahntay Jones $2,900,000
Collison $2,319,344
Brand $2,100,000
Empty Roster Hold $473,604

Total: $53,676,613

These aren't official, and might not be correct to the penny, but it's close enough.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-13-2012 at 04:40 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Ahh, forgot Dahntay. Thanks jthig.

I've got $53.1 (plus cap holds) and am updating the 2nd rounders to not count against the cap. Brilliant move by management BTW.

Last edited by The Ghost of Championship; 07-13-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Wright's salary is guaranteed now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
??

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
??
I forgot the July 10th deadline. Great call.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Why doesn't Jae Crowder count against the cap, is it because he is a 2nd rounder?

I'm not familiar with all these rules like you guys are.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post
Why doesn't Jae Crowder count against the cap, is it because he is a 2nd rounder?

I'm not familiar with all these rules like you guys are.
Yes, no cap hold on 2nd round picks
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Can we still use the Mid-level exception (5.3m) and the mini mid level (2.5m) ??
Old 07-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

No. Only the BAE which is different than the mini MLE right? Mini is 3 something.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
No. Only the BAE which is different than the mini MLE right? Mini is 3 something.
Yes and no and yes and no.

Mini mle is for teams over the salary cap but under certain caps. The bae is a different exception. Neither applies, however, to teams with cap room. You can't have cap room & exceptions by definition, not even tpes apply.

Last edited by The Ghost of Championship; 07-13-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Over the cap not taxpayers
Old 07-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
Yes and no and yes and no.

Mini mle is for taxpayers under certain caps. The bae is a different exception. Neither applies, however, to teams with cap room. You can't have cap room & exceptions by definition, not even tpes apply.
Who are you?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Who are you?
Kind of a personal question don't you think?
Old 07-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What color underwear do you have on? Are you a hot chick? Can you see me peeking through your window? Are you going to call the cops? Please don't. I don't want to hurt you, but the voices in my head are telling me to do bad things again. Make the voices stop! Voices stop!! I didn't mean to hurt the pretty girl... Pretty girl... I had to silence the voices... MAKE IT STOP!!!

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again...

Old 07-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What color underwear do you have on? Are you a hot chick? Can you see me peeking through your window? Are you going to call the cops? Please don't. I don't want to hurt you, but the voices in my head are telling me to do bad things again. Make the voices stop! Voices stop!! I didn't mean to hurt the pretty girl... Pretty girl... I had to silence the voices... MAKE IT STOP!!!

MAKE IT STOP!!! I had to silence the voices... Pretty girl... I didn't mean to hurt the pretty girl...Make the voices stop! Voices stop!! I don't want to hurt you, but the voices in my head are telling me to do bad things again. Please don't. Are you going to call the cops? Can you see me peeking through your window? Are you a hot chick? What color underwear do you have on?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #16
Underdog

Why do I have a boner right now?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #17
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Idk but I just adjusted my blinds

Old 07-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
We all experience this question on our first discovery. My guess is the Brand acquisition has something to do w it.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
No seriously tho, We're gonna need your full birth given name and a social.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
No seriously tho, We're gonna need your full birth given name and a social.
First thinHog gets excited (for the first time) in my thread and now a 2nd level perv. Is there a community jogging trail that I should let you two finish on?

Last edited by The Ghost of Championship; 07-13-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #21
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
First thinHog gets excited (for the first time) in my thread and now a 2nd level perv. Is there a community jogging trail that I should let you two finish on?
1) Idk who-wat Thin Hog is but I will be looking to urban dictionary shortly.

2) I take offense to being called a 2nd level perv. I have strong to quite strong if not Top class perv skills.

3) The trail is there, but you need these for safe travels:

Old 07-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #22
Underdog

Old 07-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #23
Banned

You two need to step it up if you're going on a jacking spree together. Seriously. Googling awkward **** isnt cutting it.

Last edited by The Ghost of Championship; 07-14-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #24
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

What the hell did I step into here? Dallas should get the mini-mle if they keep spending money, I think. So it's completely reasonable for them to use it eventually.

That said, I'd expect them to use remaining money on a project/young'un since their lineup (somehow) seems pretty decent atm from a veteran stand-point.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 07-14-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
What the hell did I step into here? Dallas should get the mini-mle if they keep spending money, I think. So it's completely reasonable for them to use it eventually.

That said, I'd expect them to use remaining money on a project/young'un since their lineup (somehow) seems pretty decent atm from a veteran stand-point.
Teams cannot spend up to the cap & then use exceptions. Cap room is all we have left. We didn't even get a TPE from the Odom deal.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Teams cannot spend up to the cap & then use exceptions. Cap room is all we have left. We didn't even get a TPE from the Odom deal.
We have the room exception.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #27
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

I dont understand the point of the 2.5 mil room exception. I did some research on it and a team has to have cap room to use it then what is the point in using it versus just using your leftover available cap space?

One question I considered that would make it beneficial would be if the room exception will allow you to go over the cap without being 'considered' over the cap. For example, if the Mavs win the Scola bid for 3 mil and that leaves them appr. 1.9 mil under the cap. Can the Mavs then use the room exception for the entire 2.5 mil and still be considered 'under the cap'. If this is allowed, then I can see that particular advantage in using it.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #28
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
I dont understand the point of the 2.5 mil room exception. I did some research on it and a team has to have cap room to use it then what is the point in using it versus just using your leftover available cap space?

One question I considered that would make it beneficial would be if the room exception will allow you to go over the cap without being 'considered' over the cap. For example, if the Mavs win the Scola bid for 3 mil and that leaves them appr. 1.9 mil under the cap. Can the Mavs then use the room exception for the entire 2.5 mil and still be considered 'under the cap'. If this is allowed, then I can see that particular advantage in using it.
If a team is 1.9 under the cap, and then signs a player for 2.5, they'd be over the cap. That exception is for use AFTER a team has used up their cap space (or at least when they have less than $2.5M in cap space remaining, which would be the case in the scenario you outlined).
Old 07-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #29
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
If a team is 1.9 under the cap, and then signs a player for 2.5, they'd be over the cap. That exception is for use AFTER a team has used up their cap space (or at least when they have less than $2.5M in cap space remaining, which would be the case in the scenario you outlined).
Thanks GC, now it makes alot more sense to me.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Is this room exception new to the CBA or something? I've never heard of it and the last CBA didn't allow both exceptions and cap space at the same time, at least not that I'm aware.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #31
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

ghost of a champion has to be a chick!

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
theghostofcad