Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This season, to me, just reinforces what we all should know by now: This team will never sustain sucess while Jerry has as much control as he has. He hires soft coaches and then demonstrates to anyone paying attention that he's the one truly in charge.

Granpa Urine likes to tell the story that Parcells told someone on his way out of Valley Ranch for the last time that in two year (or some amount of time, can't remember exactly) "you'll never know I was here".

I think there's some truth to that.
Yeah, but the problem is even when we had a "tough" coach like Parcells, we were still playing undisciplined football and losing important games. So I'm not sure what the answer is exactly.

I think the real problem is that we just have a bunch of boneheads on this team. They have the talent to tease you but lack the discipline to get it done. You can get it done with a couple of talented boneheads, but when you a roster littered with them, you've got some problems.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-28-2008 at 08:44 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote