Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-08-2003, 03:51 PM   #1
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default Any aggies out there?

Because if there are, I'd just like to say I'm sorry.

But that's what happens when you derail our title hopes.

77 - 0!!!
Boomer Sooner!

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #2
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Any aggies out there?

HAHA, Its great to see those aggies get crushed after all that talking they do when another team losses. i'm loving this.
Old 11-08-2003, 04:25 PM   #3
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: arsenalth9
HAHA, Its great to see those aggies get crushed after all that talking they do when another team losses. i'm loving this.
Wait a minute arsenal, I thought you were an Aggie fan.

TX A&M got what they deserved though, OU could of let up a little though; 77-0 is just mean!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 04:28 PM   #4
arsenalth9

aggie fan? no, no way in hell

they did have their 2nd string in the whole 2nd half...
Old 11-08-2003, 04:31 PM   #5
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

yes, but a second string OU team can beat a lot divison 1 teams...damn Sooners!
Old 11-08-2003, 04:48 PM   #6
arsenalth9

lol, mos def....i would say they are pretty unbeatable as of right now.
Old 11-08-2003, 05:07 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Any aggies out there?

As a UT fan I hate to admit it, but this team is scary good.
Old 11-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #8
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

Dirno, your quote is the funniest thing I've ever seen. To think, people want this guy on The Mavs....
Old 11-08-2003, 05:21 PM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Franchione deserves it. His history shows he loves to run the score up. If I were Stoops, I'd send the game ball to the Baylor head coach.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:06 PM   #10
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I was at the game, and it was absolutely amazing. Stoops should have let up? He did let up. We scored our 77 points in the first 3 quarters! We had the ball at the five yard line about to score again, and intentionally ran it right into the defense to be tackled. (Quite classy by the A&M players to celebrate their "big" goalline stand.)

Oh, and by the way:

OU - 77
A&M - 0
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Earlier this year:

A&M - 73
Baylor - 10

me thinks Baylor is in some trouble[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 08:06 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Quote:
Originally posted by: arsenalth9
Wait a minute arsenal, I thought you were an Aggie fan.

TX A&M got what they deserved though, OU could of let up a little though; 77-0 is just mean!

OU did let up..they didn't even try to score in the 4th quarter. They could have made a serious run at 100 points. Actually, I believe they could have dropped 4 more touchdowns on A&M.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 10:08 PM   #12
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

OU could have put 100 on the Aggies easy. Probably more like 125.

That was one ass kicking. I imagine next week to be another. The Baylor team had better get their insurance paid up in advance.

OU could beat half of the NFL teams.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:05 PM   #13
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Has anyone seen a line on this yet. Based on the A&m Baylor game and the OU A&M game the line looks like it should be right around 140 give or take a few points.

It is going to be a long day for your Bears I'm afraid Bogey.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:08 PM   #14
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

If OU puts just their 2nd string guys in, will they still beat the Bears?
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
yes, without a doubt.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:26 PM   #16
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
yes, without a doubt.
Sad, but probably true.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 02:51 PM   #17
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

The main difference between most Big 12 teams and Baylor right now is that the other teams have quality depth. Baylor has a very solid starting 12 but little after that.

The main difference between OU and Baylor rihgt now is that OU is a professional quality team and the Bears sell hot dogs in section GG. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 03:20 PM   #18
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

OU has impressed me this season as much as any team I have watched in college football. Almost nobody has compteted with them. They are just destroying teams.

Sat, Aug 30 North Texas W 37-3 Audio
Sat, Sep 6 at Alabama W 20-13 Audio
Sat, Sep 13 Fresno State W 52-28 Audio
Sat, Sep 20 UCLA W 59-24 Audio
Sat, Oct 4 at Iowa State W 53-7 Audio
Sat, Oct 11 at (7) Texas W 65-13 Audio
Sat, Oct 18 Missouri W 34-13 Audio
Sat, Oct 25 at Colorado W 34-20 Audio
Sat, Nov 1 Oklahoma State W 52-9 Audio
Sat, Nov 8 Texas A&M W 77-0

Average margin of victory 34.3, and it could be a lot higher than that if they weren't coasting with 3 teamers in the 4th quarter of most games.

Old 11-10-2003, 03:48 PM   #19
grbh
Platinum Member

How good is OU here is another example. Yard vs vs Yards given up for the top 10

1. OU 495/265
2. USC 458/386
3. LSU 454/308
OSU 347/313
Mich 472/306
UGA 423/281
UT 436/348
WSt 436/361
TCU 470/396
Purdue 406/318

They produce more yards than any top 10 team, and give up fewer than any top 10 team. OU's yardage "spread" of 230 is just absurd. Next closest is Mich at 161.

Old 11-10-2003, 04:31 PM   #20
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Texas got destroyed by OU and yet destroyed OSU. Talk about a big drop off in the second best team in the big 12 UT.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:27 AM   #21
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Just thought I'd add that Oklahoma is favored by 53 over Baylor.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 04:35 PM   #22
bogey
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Just thought I'd add that Oklahoma is favored by 53 over Baylor.
Even though my pm suggested otherwise Dooby....I will take the points.