Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-21-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavericks vs Wizards - Preseason

So, Anthony Johnson is being given the night off, and Devin is still not starting. Apparantly they're using him as the designated 6th man tonight....

I don't get it.

And who on earth is starting at PG, Barrera?

Go Mavs.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone going to watch this with the WS on?

I am. Just curious.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Buck and Josh starting at guard. Weird.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why in the world wouldn't Devin be starting in this game? Weird.

Diop is going after everything.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:45 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I continue to pray that Laura Green is just a preseason experiment, but it's looking less and less likely.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

More PiP crap. Who is in charge of these broadcasts?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #7
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

NBA.com won't broadcast the damn game on the radio. What is the point of actually not allowing 1033.com to broadcast them if they won't do it?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #8
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

Well, I wouldn't mind listening to this on the computer, but the audio league pass isn't working for some reason.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Josh...Josh. Not good.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Ok, now we can have a normal lineup with Devin in. Still don't know what was going on with the starting lineup.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man, Diop as looked really good.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I continue to pray that Laura Green is just a preseason experiment, but it's looking less and less likely.
I think they are trying a bunch of stuff in the preseason, not all of which will remain for the regular season.

I know you think I'm just being a contrarian, but really I'm not trying to do that. On the flip side, I wonder why you are so negative toward her. It doesn't make much difference to me one way or the other, but I tend to be happy for her that she has (possibly) found a broadcasting job for an NBA team--an elite one in a major market, at that. I think that's pretty cool for her. If she does stick around, will she be the only female broadcaster in the NBA? If so, what's wrong with that? Kinda fits our "maverick" image.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #13
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Updates! Updates!

And I hate NBA.com's new layout. It flat out sucks.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:20 PM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I think they are trying a bunch of stuff in the preseason, not all of which will remain for the regular season.

I know you think I'm just being a contrarian, but really I'm not trying to do that. On the flip side, I wonder why you are so negative toward her. It doesn't make much difference to me one way or the other, but I tend to be happy for her that she has (possibly) found a broadcasting job for an NBA team--an elite one in a major market, at that. I think that's pretty cool for her. If she does stick around, will she be the only female broadcaster in the NBA? If so, what's wrong with that? Kinda fits our "maverick" image.
I'm sure she's a wonderful person, and I am happy for her success.

Having said that, I think she's a terrible broadcaster. I think she has a non-tv voice, and is generally unable to say things concisely.

Also, I think the three man booth is unnecessary in basketball. There isn't enough time for that third voice, for the most part, especially when you have a color analyst as verbose as Ortegal.

I've also never heard her say a single thing that makes me value her opinion concerning the game of basketball. So far this preseason, she seems to mostly talk about interviews she does, which is the same stuff you would expect from a sideline reporter.

So, in short, I just don't think she's very good, and I think she's unnecessary.

She is less annoying than the PiP, I'll give her that. Although whenever there is PiP going on, and she speaks, I think my head is going to explode.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 08:20 PM   #15
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

We're shooting below 30%
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:28 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I've been butchering Barea's name. I have no idea when I got it into my head that it was Barrera.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man, Diop is really, really active tonight.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 08:36 PM   #18
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Devin had GOT to hit those mid-range jumpers.

(I'm on a little DVR delay right now, if the timing of this confuses anyone)

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

If someone could make a shot, Barea could get some assists!
Old 10-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #20
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

nickname for JJB - marranito - little pig
Old 10-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Is anyone else getting the black screen flashes every so often?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #22
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I think at this point I would call Barea a veritable lock to make this team.

I gotta give Chum big time props for spotting him back in the summer league.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-21-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Wow dirk's shot is horrible, but he has 4 assists by half time!
Old 10-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #24
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Outside shooting reallly stinks tonight. Devin has got to start making those jumpers. Croshere finally hit one, but man he has had alot of open misses. Diop and DJ are contributing. DJ looked pretty good on his free throws. I agree about JJB. He looks pretty good tonight, but four PGs??? Oh well, if he's the best of the group then you gotta keep him (or just leave the spot open). No sign of Ebi yet. Seems like Dirk is really looking to pass the ball.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #25
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Jump shot for Devin...Love to see that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 09:05 PM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

That looked awfully clean on Diop.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 09:09 PM   #27
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Ok, honestly. Is the 3/4 screen thing punishment for complaining about the PIP?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 09:20 PM   #28
fluid.forty.one

I'm starting to believe more and more than Mbenga is the real deal.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #29
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Updates?

How are Dirk, Jho, and Devin looking? How's Devin's jumpshot looking?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have video of that ager dunk?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:51 PM   #31
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

wish we could trade croshere for kvh, oh god. barera is playing his little heart out and you can tell. he really wants a spot on the roster.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #32
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

oh man! ally oop, barea to ager! too bad it didnt go in
Old 10-21-2006, 09:57 PM   #33
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Heck of a finish here.

Give Barea his spot now. Ebi has looked gawd awful tonight.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #34
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Very nice finish. Good job by the young guys.

Clutch free throws from Ager.

Seriously, Barea makes this team.

Crosher looked better tonight, for those of you that can only see the boxscore. His shot will come around, and he's playing respectable defense, being aggressive.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 10:17 PM   #35
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Mbenga played well also. JJB made his case tonight. Ebi gets cut tomorrow. Love Ager's moxy. He's got the attitude of a winner. A rook wanting the ball at the end of a close game tells me something. It was alot of fun watching that ending.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #36
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

The newcomers has been learning how to turn around a trailing game and get the win.

Last edited by shaw-xx; 10-21-2006 at 10:23 PM.
shaw-xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Barea 6pts, 4reb, 5ast, 4stl and only 1 to

thats darn nice for a rookie competing against mostly NBA talent
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:33 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Those of us who picked JJB early on are beginning to look smart.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #39
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Mad props to JJB. Man that guy really shows some heart!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 10-21-2006 at 11:36 PM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:13 AM   #40
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

JJB looked like he wanted it badly tonight. Put some distance between himself and ebi, my ebi money is looking shaky.

Croshere although shooting badly again seemed to liven up a little bit. Dirkster still seems to be working on passing only. Although he really looks pretty comfortable backing guys into the paint.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote