Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-11-2003, 08:02 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Trade for Sheed that might work

Here's why the Blazers do it. They get a squeaky clean guy in Jamison and they get a good shooting guard in TAW. This is assuming that TAW's injury is just an excuse. I'm not sure if they swallow the salaries though. Jamison would be perfect in Portland. He'd be the man and carry that team.

Why the Mavs do it? They get the field a starting lineup of Nash, Fin, Walker, Dirk and Sheed. I know Wallace isn't a center but he's 6'11. He's definitely tall enough. It will be like replacing Raef with Rasheed and Wallace is definitely more skilled. Of course, we all know he's a headcase. Its a risk but its a risk that the Mavs should take. Besides, Rasheed's contract is up.

Essentially, it would be a NVE for Sheed trade.

Dallas trades: Tariq Abdul-Wahad ( ppg, rpg, apg in minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 29.2 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.4 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 3.1 apg in 40.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.2 ppg, +0.7 rpg, and +1.9 apg.

Portland trades: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.4 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 3.1 apg in 40.0 minutes)
Portland receives: Tariq Abdul-Wahad ( ppg, rpg, apg in games)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 19 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.2 ppg, -0.7 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and Portland being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Portland had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1335870
Old 12-11-2003, 08:08 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Trade for Sheed that might work

No, thank you.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 08:33 PM   #3
Big_Dog

Big_Dog will become famous soon enough

if it weren´t for his charming persona i´d do it in a heartbeat, bet they´d do it to, jamison is perfect for their rebuilding and they´re probably more than willing to give sheed up even if they have to swallow TAW´s contract. rasheed is so talented yet so mentally untalented he´d probably wreck this team
Old 12-11-2003, 11:47 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody who wouldn't do this deal is nuts. Sorry Kiki. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 01:06 AM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE: Trade for Sheed that might work

I wouldnt do this deal...i dont like sheed at all, lets keep him out of dallas

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 03:41 AM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Man, the prospect of Sheed on the Mavs is one of those things that both scares the heck out of me and excites me at the same time. He's a nutcase who's never lived up to his talent, but if he did grow a brain a forward lineup of Dirk, AW, and Sheed would be so outstanding. Just don't know if I'd be willing to risk it.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:31 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Wow we dump TAW for Sheed. Christmas come early. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm scared as hell about Sheed attitude. But I'd still probably do this trade. TAW cinches it for me.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:18 PM   #8
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

As much as I am concerned about Sheed's attitdue, you would have to do it. His expiring contract and moving TAW's contract gives you so much more flexibility if he didn't work out.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:20 PM   #9
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Another way to do the same thing with Walker instead of Jamison:

Dallas trades: PG Travis Best (3.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 15.9 minutes)
PG Tariq Abdul-Wahad (3.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 15.9 minutes)
PF Antoine Walker (16.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Jeff McInnis (11.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 4.8 apg in 29.8 minutes)
SF Rasheed Wallace (16.4 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 3.1 apg in 40.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +7.9 ppg, -1.9 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

Portland trades: PG Jeff McInnis (11.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 4.8 apg in 29.8 minutes)
Portland receives: PG Travis Best (3.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 19 games)
PG Tariq Abdul-Wahad (3.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 19 games)
PF Antoine Walker (16.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 4.3 apg in 19 games)
Change in team outlook: -7.9 ppg, +1.9 rpg, and -1.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Sorry, but I have new rules in effect. Travis Best goes out in every trade proposal.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:55 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: SeriousSummer
Another way to do the same thing with Walker instead of Jamison:

Dallas trades: PG Travis Best (3.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 15.9 minutes)
PG Tariq Abdul-Wahad (3.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 15.9 minutes)
PF Antoine Walker (16.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Jeff McInnis (11.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 4.8 apg in 29.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +7.9 ppg, -1.9 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

Portland trades: PG Jeff McInnis (11.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 4.8 apg in 29.8 minutes)
Portland receives: PG Travis Best (3.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 19 games)
PG Tariq Abdul-Wahad (3.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 19 games)
PF Antoine Walker (16.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 4.3 apg in 19 games)
Change in team outlook: -7.9 ppg, +1.9 rpg, and -1.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Sorry, but I have new rules in effect. Travis Best goes out in every trade proposal.
I'd do this one as well.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:08 PM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I really like Walk and what he's done so far, but I'd probably look hard at doing it.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:11 PM   #12
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Thought provoking right up until you realize that Nellie has such a chubby for the consummate poit-forward that he would never trade his golden player.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 03:23 PM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Just sent this email to Cuban:

Mark,

We've got to get another big body inside. The rebounding is much better this year, but the interior defense really isn't. In fact, with Nellie's unwillingness to play Shawn many minutes, we're shorter than a lot of college teams in the pivot.

You've continually improved the team since you've been here. I have faith that you'll find us that guy. Here's my suggestion that works under the CBA:

Trade Jamison and Abdul-Wahad
Receive Rasheed Wallace

Antawn's a great character guy and has considerable skills -- his skills just don't seem to mesh well on this team. I think Portland would have some interest in this trade because they NEED as many good citizens as they can get, and it gives them a big-time scorer to play next to Randolph on the frontline for the foreseeable future.

Wallace, Nowitzki, and Walker would be a tremendously formidable frontline. They could all play together at once successfully because of Wallace's superior defensive abilities, and we'd finally have someone capable of defending the post that Nellie would play on a consistent basis.

I know Wallace brings baggage with him, but this is a trade that could considerably improve the team. You probably won't respond, but as a devoted Mavs fan I just had to send along my thoughts...

Old 12-12-2003, 03:27 PM   #14
LRB
Guru

KG maybe you should apply to Cubes to be hired as trade negotiator. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I do think that we definitely need another big body. And you're right that we're shorter than a lot of college teams and some CBA ones as well.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:20 PM   #15
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I sure Mark loves reading all of his "get a big guy" e-mails.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 04:25 PM   #16
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

You think he gets a few? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It's the first one I've ever written to him. I could care less if he actually reads it. He's been cool enough to respond in the past to other emails. He's the best owner in the league -- I just wanted to provide him with some food for thought.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:10 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
You think he gets a few? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It's the first one I've ever written to him. I could care less if he actually reads it. He's been cool enough to respond in the past to other emails. He's the best owner in the league -- I just wanted to provide him with some food for thought.

Good email KG... I sent him one earlier this morning too, but my email was quite a bit longer!!!

Mark,

Please know that this is not a knee-jerk type of an email, nor is it a fan jumping to conclusions… I don’t know if you visit the Lone Mavs Fan Forum or dallas-mavs.com but I will just say over the last 20 games, the feeling from EVERYONE – likely even you, is that we need a tough banger to stop the Malone elbows and the untouched layups… Just please hear me out without already forming an opinion about this email, (even though it is probably your 28th today saying the same type of thing).

We need to trade one of our forwards for either a center, or a banging forward. All three of our forwards, (Dirk, Antoine, and Antawn), lack ANY true toughness or intimidation on the defensive side of the ball. Sure, all three can score, but when we have a one point lead, and the ball is up for grabs, we need a beast to jump up and grab the damn rebound and end the game… Do I know who that beast might be??? No, that is your job, (or Donnie and Don’s, but you get my point). All I am saying is that our trades we made in the off-season CLEARLY made us a better overall team, and improved our rebounding; however, it has NOT improved our defense. Even if you or others want to claim it has, I watch EVERY Mav game, AS DO YOU, and we as true fans need to be honest with ourselves… Our defense is NOT good… Shaq made an honest – although painful – observation after beating us the second time. I am just paraphrasing; however, it basically said “When you put a 6’7” or 6’8” guy on a 7 footer, all you have to do is throw the ball to me and I will get it done.” The trades in the offense basically just improved ONE need of our team, which is obviously rebounding… The other thing it gave us is proving to hurt us in EXTRA offense… We have one of the top 5 players in the NBA in Dirk, but he is regressing due to his inability to stand up and be a leader… He needs to be selfish seeing as how he is the most efficient scorer on our team, but he isnt… So what I would suggest is that we make a trade that includes one, or both of the ANTs, (ANToine and ANTawn), for either a Center(s) or Power Forward(s) – so long as they are HARD-NOSED, TOUGH, AND WILL BATTLE AND PLAY GREAT DEFENSE. Some players that come to mind that should be obtainable due to explained reasons are:

Kenyon Martin – He could easily be had due to his issues in NJ, and if NOT easily, I'm sure picking up Zo’s bad contract for a team trying to increase its value for a sale would definitely work.

Theo Ratliff AND Mohammed – The combination of these two great defenders would really stop every teams point/shooting guard from having career games against us… You should really go back and look at each game and you will see that in almost EVERY game the opposing guards are going for season highs against our defense.

Stromile Swift AND/OR Lorenzon Wright – Again, both are great defenders with descent offensive games. At this point, what we need is a little bit of stability on both sides of the ball… Right now we are faced with NO defense, and ALL offense… We just have no scheme it seems… Basically it is just EVERYONE SHOOT…

Chris Mihm AND/OR Illgauskas – Mihm would give us great defense and a young body that could play better than any center we have. Illgauskas, while not a great defender, is above average and would also be the most offensive center we could get.

Rasheed Wallace – Yeah, I know… Your worries are the same as mine… But he is one of the BEST defenders of the 3 and 4 in the league… He is also a smart-ass with an attitude that WE NEED!!! I say take the risk on this guy and bring some toughness to the Mavs…

Kurt Thomas – Again, Yeah I know… This has been beaten over and over until we are both sick of it… But WE NEED A CENTER… This crap where Eddie Najera fronts Shaq JUST HAS TO STOP…

Eddy Curry – I know this is a long shot, and I know his defense isnt as great as I would like to see from a man his size, but he is 21, and will be one of the best centers in the NBA… I say grab him if possible while he is still even slightly obtainable.

I will just stop there… Basically, all of us Mav fans are hoping you arent looking for more blockbusters in which we give crap and get more scoring talent. Maybe it is time we give up more “TALENT” to get something that we have needed for a long time… Maybe it is time we give up more to get less – which will ultimately be more!!! I know that you wanted to add more offense so that if one of the big three goes down in the playoffs we would be able to supplement it, and you have done that. But you see, two additional scoring machines to complement three scoring machines just IS NOT WORKING… I say keep one of them for your plan, and trade another for the betterment of our team – DEFENSE!!!

Imagine any lineup from above such as:

Kenyon Martin
Dirk Nowitzki
Walker/Jamison – (Depending on which one goes)
Michael Finley
Steve Nash

OR

Theo Ratliff
Dirk Nowitzki
Walker/Jamison
Michael Finley
Steve Nash

OR

Lorenzon Wright
Dirk Nowitzki
Walker/Jamison
Michael Finley
Steve Nash

OR

Theo Ratliff – Pick him up with one of the Ants along with Stephen Jackson or SOMEONE
Rasheed Wallace – Pick him up with the other Ant
Dirk Nowitzki – At this point we have GREAT DEFENSE with GREAT OFFENSE… Much better team defense and a better all around game!!!
Michael Finley
Steve Nash

OR

Eddy Curry
Dirk Nowitzki
Josh Howard – It would probably take both
Michael Finley
Steve Nash

OR

WHO THE HELL EVER AT CENTER/PF THAT WILL BANG in addition to Nash, Finley, Dirk, and possibly one or both of the ANTs…

We just need to make a move!!! Everyone is tired of seeing the lineup tinkered with by Nellie to the point of playing this lineup:

Eddie Najera
Antoine Walker
Antawn Jamison
Tony Delk
Travis Best

There should NEVER, EVER, EVER be a single minute that goes by in a basketball game that at least ONE of our big three is not on the court!!! NEVER!!!

Anyway… You are doing a great job and have been ever since you took over… I would like to see you purchase the Rangers too and turn that joke franchise around, but hey, at least basketball is fun to watch in Texas!!!

Your email was probably WAY more politically correct and NICE, but hey, I was just being honest!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 05:24 PM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Good email, but I think you probably overwhelmed him with too much info, eh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 05:36 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... Definitely... But if you are going to run MY organization, you need to be informed!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 06:15 PM   #20
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

If this happens, I hope you quote this thread as your source. :-)

Quote:

Mark,

We've got to get another big body inside. The rebounding is much better this year, but the interior defense really isn't. In fact, with Nellie's unwillingness to play Shawn many minutes, we're shorter than a lot of college teams in the pivot.

You've continually improved the team since you've been here. I have faith that you'll find us that guy. Here's my suggestion that works under the CBA:

Trade Jamison and Abdul-Wahad
Receive Rasheed Wallace

Antawn's a great character guy and has considerable skills -- his skills just don't seem to mesh well on this team. I think Portland would have some interest in this trade because they NEED as many good citizens as they can get, and it gives them a big-time scorer to play next to Randolph on the frontline for the foreseeable future.

Wallace, Nowitzki, and Walker would be a tremendously formidable frontline. They could all play together at once successfully because of Wallace's superior defensive abilities, and we'd finally have someone capable of defending the post that Nellie would play on a consistent basis.

I know Wallace brings baggage with him, but this is a trade that could considerably improve the team. You probably won't respond, but as a devoted Mavs fan I just had to send along my thoughts...
Old 12-12-2003, 06:41 PM   #21
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Did Cuban reply to the McGrady email?
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 08:48 PM   #22
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Maybe someone with more time can help me out with this...

The trade proposed above for Sheed will not work... It's well known that Portland is looking for an expiring contract + talent in return for Sheed... otherwise they will let him go in free agency... HOWEVER, with Dale Davis, Shawn Kemp, Person, Sabonis, Wallace, & random others coming off the books next year it looks like Portland would be willing to take on a player or two with contracts expiring after 04/05... The Mavs have one player that fits talent + two-years-left-on-the-contract requirement.... Antoine Walker. But the Mavs don't want to trade Walker.

So here's my question: Which NBA teams can provide talent + two-years-left-on-a-contract that adds up to Wallace's $17M cap number?

I'm wondering if any team can provide Portland with what they want. From what I've seen, unfortunately, the team with the best combo of talent & contract is the hated Spurs who could pull off the following:

Mercer = $6.7M expiring this summer
Horry = $4.9M expiring this summer (with a team option)
Rasho = talent + $5.6 this year
---------------------------------------
Total = $17.2M in SA contracts going to Portland to match Wallace's $16.9M number

With Wallace San Antonio would be adding tremendous offensive talent & a defensive presence in the post to go with Duncan... scary.

So.... who else can come up with something that fits Portland's requirements? Could Dallas swing a three-way with a team needing low-post scoring from the 3 or 4 spot ... sending Jamison + ? somewhere with other players going to Portland? I would love to get Wallace in Dallas... I just can't fgure out how.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:12 PM   #23
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Wow we dump TAW for Sheed. Christmas come early. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm scared as hell about Sheed attitude. But I'd still probably do this trade. TAW cinches it for me.
According to a badly translated French article I read. TAW is so frustrated about his situation that he is contemplating working out a buyout of his contract if he is not traded soon. Again the article was roughly translated and unintelligable in some parts, so I could have misunderstood.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:40 AM   #24
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

I know I have way to much time on my hands, but has a team ever sat a player/players out of a game with an "injury" when they were actually going to trade them.

Mike sits out with a bad toe

Big Shawn is in street clothes with back spasms

Dec. 15 and Best is DNP-CD

Nothing to it I'm sure, but those three salaries add up pretty close to a Portland forward with sweet game and a bad attitude.

Well, now that I think about it, there is no way Nelson doesn't play Mike Fin ( if he's able to go ) against the Lakers as well as Shawn if nothing more than fouls on Shaq.........nevermind.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote