Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-05-2004, 09:25 AM   #41
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE: Is this you reeds, epitome, mavdog???

Nice cut and paste. Unfortunately, there is NO beef.

Tax reform? no beef.
Jobs? is the beef to throw out more money?
Health Savings Accounts? yeah, that helps the uninsured...they can't even afford insurance.
homeownership? no beef
Social Security? no beef
Intelligence reform? no beef
Welfare reform? he says more of the same

if you see some "beef" in these issues tell us about it.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2004, 09:27 AM   #42
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Is this you reeds, epitome, mavdog???

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Quote:
No competent candidate has ever done that, and none ever will. That doesn't make the policy ideas bogus
That doesn't make the "policy ideas" worthy, realistic or supportable either.

To go out and say this is a reason to support a candidate without knowing just what that candidate is proposing is falacious.
Lockbox, lockbox, lockbox, lockbox, lockbox, lockbox, lockbox, lockbox, lockbox, lockbox...........
sure didn't help him did it?
Old 09-05-2004, 09:49 AM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Tax reform? no beef.
Health Savings Accounts? yeah, that helps the uninsured...they can't even afford insurance.
homeownership? no beef
Social Security? no beef

Whatever dude.... Privatizing social security is no beef. Providing health centers in rural areas is no beef. Creating independent medical accounts to try and move from third-payer systems is no beef. His NCLB has already begun to transform the focus of our school system. He did take a number out of the clinton playbook which I don't like much but you should love, 7 million affordable homes in 10 years. But as you say, no beef.

Obviously I could post reams and reams of proposal details, but I don't think that much will sway your mind anyway.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:09 AM   #44
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:

Tax reform? no beef.
homeownership? no beef
Social Security? no beef

Whatever dude.... Privatizing social security is no beef.
Is that what he says? Here's the statement:
"Social Security Reform: President Bush will strengthen and enhance Social Security, guaranteeing no changes in benefits for current retirees and near-retirees, while giving younger workers the opportunity to use their Social Security payroll taxes to build a nest egg for retirement that can be passed on to their families"

He says he will let "younger workers" invest in their own accounts. Do you honestly believe that is a solution to the insolvency of SS? That proposal doesn't give us any "beef" on how he will get "Social Security reform".

Quote:
Providing health centers in rural areas is no beef.
No, he doesn't say he will "provide" he only "calls" for them. Hey, I do too, just tell me how you're going to get them there.

Quote:
Creating independent medical accounts to try and move from third-payer systems is no beef.
medical accounts exist today, I'm using one. Here's the line:

"Helping the Working Uninsured by Expanding Health Savings Accounts: President Bush will propose a tax credit for Health Savings Account contributions to help individuals and families who work for small businesses fund their Health Savings Accounts."

So he isn't giving any solution to their being uninsured, he says he will let them create medical accounts with tax credits. Medical accounts, not becoming insured.

Quote:
His NCLB has already begun to transform the focus of our school system. He did take a number out of the clinton playbook which I don't like much but you should love, 7 million affordable homes in 10 years. But as you say, no beef.
NCLB could be his biggest accomplishment, other than miraculously a stable Iraq emerges after we leave.
7 million homes in 10 years? We currently build about 1.8 M homes/YR, so he's proposing that we build what? about 38% of them as affordable housing? That's got beef?

Quote:
Obviously I could post reams and reams of proposal details, but I don't think that much will sway your mind anyway.
well, no it won't sway my mind more than likely, but by doing that you could at least show how the talk isn't cheap.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:18 PM   #45
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Is this you reeds, epitome, mavdog???

I thought I spotted Lynn Swann at the convention. Possibly he'll be campaigning in pennsylvania...

brothersjudd

WE'RE EARLY IN THE TRANSFORMATION:

Blacks for Bush

It's a good thing President George W. Bush didn't have an altar call at the end of the GOP's convention. I might have joined the Republican Party.

By the time the four-day Republican National Convention ended Thursday night, I had a newfound respect for black Republicans. I will never again wonder what in the world is a black person doing supporting George W.

"One would think you wouldn't have to defend being a Republican," said Jennette Bradley, the lieutenant governor of Ohio and the first African-American woman to fill that post in the history of the United States. "That time is past. We don't have to apologize for being a Republican. We have the right to choose."

And they are choosing. [...]

Although Democrats bash Bush's No Child Left Behind Act, those same Democrats rarely mention that one of the architects of the plan is Rod Paige, an African American who was appointed Education secretary in the Bush administration. Having attended segregated schools in his youth, I'm convinced that despite the act's shortcomings, Paige is committed to challenging what the Republicans call the "soft bigotry of low expectations."

So while black voters may disagree with most of the conservative wing of the party, the GOP's approach to fixing the education gap is worth considering.

During his acceptance speech, Bush made promises that should have poor and working-class families dancing in the street. In pledging to increase funding for Pell Grants and community colleges, he also promised to strengthen early intervention programs aimed at stemming the tide of black and Hispanic students that drop out of high schools every year.

As a lifelong independent, and the daughter of a die-hard Democrat, I may never bring myself to punch a Republican ballot.

But the black Republicans I ran into this week convinced me of one thing: Black people can only benefit from their courage.

The only group in the GOP that's up for grabs is the Nativist-Protectionist-Isolationist-Old Right. Their natural allies are Big Labor and the anti-war Left. Their natural opponents blacks and Hispanics. How about a trade?

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote