Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 03-01-2007, 02:41 AM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default they missed one...

The media missed this one!!!!!!!!Share
by Atim Ukoh (notes) 7:10pm Wednesday, Nov 29, 2006
The Media Missed this one!!!!

Don't know whether you heard about this

but Denzel Washington and his family visited

the troops at Brook Army Medical Center , in

San Antonio , Texas (BAMC) the other day. This

is where soldiers who have been evacuated from

Germany come to be hospitalized in the United

States, especially burn victims. There are some

buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher

House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay,

for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying

in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses

on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled

most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave

him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how

much one of them would cost to build. He took his check

book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there

on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear

this story and want to get the word out to the American

public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

The question I have is why does:

Alec Baldwin,

Madonna,

Sean Penn and

other Hollywood types

make front page news with their anti-everything

America trash and Denzel Washington's Patriotism

doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of

any newspaper except the Local newspaper in San

Antonio .

A true American and friend to all in uniform!

This needs as wide a distribution
as we can create.
GOD BLESS YOU DENZEL
FOR YOUR PATRIOTISM

got this off of facebook but i thought it warranted a mention.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

This was well publicised when it happened...

How bout Haliburton writing a check for these injured soldiers? They are the ones profiting. Dick Chenney can burn in hell too.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

If you are mad you have to take it up with the Iraqi Insurgents and Alqeda in Iraq, they are ones that injured the troops not Haliburton.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe halliburton was taking care of their own wounded. I don't really have much of a word for yourself.

The Labor Department claims that only 30 Halliburton employees have been killed and 2,471 injured. But a Halliburton spokeswoman, Melissa Norcross, told Knight-Ridder that the company had lost a total of 77 workers in Iraq, Afghanistan and its base in Kuwait. Although the company refused to give a casualty rate for each country, the bulk of the deaths most likely occurred in Iraq, not Kuwait and Afghanistan.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

This is rich. I wonder if the democrats will return and refuse George Soro's money now, since he's invested in the devil cheney.

http://www.theneweditor.com/index.ph...ton-Stock.html
Quote:
In a delicious irony, Foreign Policy magazine editor Mike Boyer reports at the magazine's blog FP Passport that SEC documents reveal that George Soros bought 1.9 million shares of Halliburton stock in the fourth quarter of 2006.

Soros gave more than $20 million to "527" organizations in the 2004 election, many of which used anti-Halliburton bashing as a rallying cry for the anti-war Left.

Writes Boyer: (via Boozhy and Andrew Sullivan)

Normally, I'm willing to overlook the hypocrisy of the liberal elite. If Al Gore and his Hollywood cronies want to fly around on gas-guzzling, atmosphere-polluting private jets while railing against global climate change, I'm willing to overlook it.

But the latest move by globe trotting, hyper-liberal billionaire George Soros borders on being too much.... Soros, of course, is the dean of Democratic money giving. And Halliburton, of course, is the company that embodies everything the Democrats see as evil. Dick Cheney is its former chief, for goodness' sake.

How can you not laugh at this development? The possibilities for amusement are wonderful...

Update: George Soros' fund, Soros Fund Management LLC, owns the shares.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #6
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
This is rich. I wonder if the democrats will return and refuse George Soro's money now, since he's invested in the devil cheney.

http://www.theneweditor.com/index.ph...ton-Stock.html
I have to agree with you on one point dude, the dems totally suck ass.

They will not refuse his money. I would guess Hillary has a whole trunk-full of it right now.

Two main problems exist in American politics right now, Republicans and Democrats. Both sides ar using this war to further their own goals, careers, and pocketbooks. But hey, this is America. That is what we do. Everybody should invest in Haliburton, or Soros, or whatever they are today. Let's all profit. If I can't bring the boys back, I can at least profit from their misery. They are miserable. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to check themselves. But they volunteered right? They wanted some money, so they signed up.

Why do we have a standing army? What are the threats facing us? How are these threats made less threatening as a result of action in Iraq? Can a result that further enhances our security be achieved by our action in Iraq? Dude?
Old 03-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #7
Butterball

Butterball is on a distinguished road

the denzel story wasnt totally true

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp
would anything be worse than Parcells pulling an Al Roker, getting that stomach-stapling surgery, and looking like a skinny, mutated, shrunken version of himself? I don't think I could handle that emotionally. Some people should just be forced to remain overweight if it fits their persona. I would even make this a law. I feel very strongly about this
Butterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Well that is interesting!