Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all
Default Josh on MTV's Cribs!

His house is sparkling white. The theater room rules, but he is not into video games. The magic is produced all over the house, not just on the bed! He has a problem with hats, and worries about going bald! He is an educated man with a degree. He has three jacked up antique cars in the driveway of his nice neighborhood, and I bet his neighbors love that.

http://mavs.beloblog.com/archives/20...n_allstar.html

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I saw this the other day and thought I was late. Maybe I am but yea he has a nice house. I missed the beginning is it in the Dallas Area? They showed Roy Williams awhile back and his was in the Dallas area. Has a nice collection of hats and some nice lookin' cars as well. Liked the Louis Vutton kicks as well.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

How the hell did he afford all that before his contract extension?

And i loved the "yeah, im an educated black man" part... lol.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, double post.

Last edited by Rick41; 02-02-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41
How the hell did he afford all that before his contract extension? And i loved the "yeah, im an educated black man" part... lol.
He was making around $1MM a year with no kids or family to support and no college loans. That's not a stretch.

Plus that neighborhood didn't look to exclusive. The house across the street looks like your run of the mill three bedroom.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Josh's house is awesome and Josh is the man, if only he could improve his shot selection...
Old 02-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Rich $$$$$
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
He was making around $1MM a year with no kids or family to support and no college loans. That's not a stretch.

Plus that neighborhood didn't look to exclusive. The house across the street looks like your run of the mill three bedroom.

Yea I was also looking at the other houses and they seemed like they were in a pretty decent middle class neighborhood. IF i'm a millionaire i'd be living in a gated community especially after the Sean Taylor incident. But who knows maybe it is a gated community. But the houses across the street didn't seem they were much more than middle class.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #9
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

It's hard to believe there's only one Josh Howard who owns a house in Dallas. It's only a 1.1 million dollar home near 635 and Preston. It's a very nice house.
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, I love the Vitamin Water plug
Old 02-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #11
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
Josh's house is awesome and Josh is the man, if only he could improve his passing...
fixed.

Last edited by vinylstar; 02-02-2008 at 05:44 PM.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #12
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
Ha, I love the Vitamin Water plug

Hey, they pay him!

Old 02-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Selling the dream...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #14
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmac
It's hard to believe there's only one Josh Howard who owns a house in Dallas. It's only a 1.1 million dollar home near 635 and Preston. It's a very nice house.
That is amazing to me that the house is valued that small. I mean that looks at least like a $3M house. The pool area is pristine with a lazy river! And there are TWO refrigerators for goodness sakes!

Old 02-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
That is amazing to me that the house is valued that small. I mean that looks at least like a $3M house. The pool area is pristine with a lazy river! And there are TWO refrigerators for goodness sakes!
Don't mess with texas.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #16
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEGY_6M9hYg heres the jet one.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

In houses like those, the TV above the fireplace is just tacky.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:59 AM   #18
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Lol, Josh has got a great sense of humor. I'm loving the Koolaid comment. Amazing house, the pool is awesome.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:08 AM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Lol, Josh has got a great sense of humor. I'm loving the Koolaid comment. Amazing house, the pool is awesome.
According to dallascad.org, that pool is 30,000 square feet. Awesome, indeed.

Last edited by chumdawg; 02-03-2008 at 01:08 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:12 AM   #20
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Here's Devin's place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FUQRdFCt-8

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #21
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

There ain't NO WAY that house was only $1.1 Million.

Also, I kinda have a newfound respect for Josh after that. He seems much more intelligent than I ever would have guessed.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:07 AM   #22
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

That´s interesting. Is there a possibility to stream ? I think no one in germany knows J Ho so that will not be aired.

btw: MTV Crips: Ozzy Osbourne´s top down cross at the entrance to the mansion rules.

Got it : http://mavs.beloblog.com/archives/20...n_allstar.html

Last edited by GermanDunk; 02-03-2008 at 12:34 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #23
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
There ain't NO WAY that house was only $1.1 Million.

Also, I kinda have a newfound respect for Josh after that. He seems much more intelligent than I ever would have guessed.
I don't know man. Wasn't Josh the one who had a hard time getting 900 on his SAT, the score WF required him to receive in order to attend? I do appreciate his staying all 4 years. That shows character.

As for the house, total net worth is $1,173,950. Land is cheap for some reason in that area. I am surprised as well because it's a 6300 sqft home. I don't want to post the address, but all this stuff is public information so you can look it up yourself.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #24
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Would Josh be a better human being if spent more on his house?

I don't understand what the issue is here...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #25
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't really care for Josh's house. Its much too white, sterile, and hotel-like.

JET's home looked more inviting and livable, but I agree with chum about the TV above the fireplace.

I really dig Devin's floors and place settings.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 02-03-2008 at 12:32 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #26
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Quote:
That is not Devin's current address according to the public research tool that vmac is talking about. Devin's pool is 33% larger than Josh's pool according to the data. lol

Old 02-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #27
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
That is not Devin's current address according to the public research tool that vmac is talking about. Devin's pool is 33% larger than Josh's pool according to the data. lol
Yeah, that video is really old. SBC wasn't even AT&T yet. I'm sure Devin has moved into a nicer place since.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #28
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

lol at some people complaining that his house is too small or too plain. i respect the man even more now that he didn't spend all his earnings on a HUGE house just because. he got a decent sized house with plenty of room for him. I think it's pretty nice. if I was rich, I wouldn't spend tons of money on a huge house if I didn't need to.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #29
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
lol at some people complaining that his house is too small or too plain. i respect the man even more now that he didn't spend all his earnings on a HUGE house just because. he got a decent sized house with plenty of room for him. I think it's pretty nice. if I was rich, I wouldn't spend tons of money on a huge house if I didn't need to.
I'm not sure if you're referring to my post, but "plainess" was not my complaint...the color scheme was....and I bet he spent a pretty penny on furnishings and interior decorating. I'm not a big fan of the contemporary look.

I definitely agree with you that it doesn't really matter how much he spent on his house, or how big it is.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 02-03-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #30
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I'm not sure if you're referring to my post, but "plainess" was not my complaint...the color scheme was....and I bet he spent a pretty penny on furnishings and interior decorating.

I definitely agree with you that it doesn't really matter how much he spent on his house, or how big it is.
i wasn't really replying to anybody in specific. obviously Josh likes the color scheme so that's all that matters.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #31
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
i wasn't really replying to anybody in specific. obviously Josh likes the color scheme so that's all that matters.
This is an internet message board. None of our opinions really matter.

P.S. I don't think any less of Josh because he has bad taste.

Last edited by mary; 02-03-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #32
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
I don't know man. Wasn't Josh the one who had a hard time getting 900 on his SAT, the score WF required him to receive in order to attend? I do appreciate his staying all 4 years. That shows character.

As for the house, total net worth is $1,173,950. Land is cheap for some reason in that area. I am surprised as well because it's a 6300 sqft home. I don't want to post the address, but all this stuff is public information so you can look it up yourself.
Define the man on his score for some standardized test? Or by his completion of a degree from a pretty decent school? Some people don't test well. Besides, didn't Josh himself admit that he didn't have his head screwed on straight when he was younger?

I STILL don't think $1.1 is accurate. When was that value taken?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #33
vmac

Quote:
Define the man on his score for some standardized test? Or by his completion of a degree from a pretty decent school? Some people don't test well. Besides, didn't Josh himself admit that he didn't have his head screwed on straight when he was younger?

I STILL don't think $1.1 is accurate. When was that value taken?
Dude, believe whatever you want. Josh isn't intelligent, I don't care how you look at it. And his house is worth 1.1 mm. If you owned a house, you would know you need to pay property taxes each year. That is this year's value. What more do you want?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:20 PM   #34
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hahaha, Dirk is grilling Bratwurst. Hahaha. What ever...
Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #35
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
Hahaha, Dirk is grilling Bratwurst. Hahaha. What ever...
Yeah, Bratwurst he admitted he wouldn't feed to his dog. Maybe he is just a bad griller.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #36
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Dude, believe whatever you want. Josh isn't intelligent, I don't care how you look at it. And his house is worth 1.1 mm. If you owned a house, you would know you need to pay property taxes each year. That is this year's value. What more do you want?
He isn't intelligent in your opinion, however jaded that might be.

I do own a house. I also know that my tax assessed value is 26% lower than market value. Which, I guarantee you, is the case here. Just because one's tax value is one thing doesn't mean market value will mimic that figure.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #37
CarolinaJHoFan

CarolinaJHoFan will become famous soon enoughCarolinaJHoFan will become famous soon enough

There is a wide difference between the tax value and market value in most areas of TX. Houses listed at the 1mil market usually sell for around 3mil depending on age, sq ft etc. This is how the rich become richer and avoid paying high taxes.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #38
vmac

Quote:
He isn't intelligent in your opinion, however jaded that might be.

I do own a house. I also know that my tax assessed value is 26% lower than market value. Which, I guarantee you, is the case here. Just because one's tax value is one thing doesn't mean market value will mimic that figure.
I was a property tax consultant during my last summer internship. I'm glad you know there's a difference between market value and assessed value. Market value is what you can sell your house for. Assessed value is what you pay taxes on. But the thing is, this house was built in 2005. The first year of a brand new house, your market value and assessed value are equal to each other. If for some reason the appraisers at county appraisal district feel like they can get more money from you (which is another reason why they like to set the appraised value higher than market value on so many occasions, especially with large, high value houses like this), then you just go ahead and protest and you'll get an automatic deduction. Now these guys at the district will assess and mark up your home to whatever they want each year. This is why you get the homestead exemption so they can't increase it by more than 10% each year. Actually, they can assess it more than 10%, but you only pay the 10% increase in taxes, if that makes sense. Usually land is what goes up on a yearly basis, because improvements, after another whole year of usage and depreciation makes no sense if it's increased, especially if there have been no upgrades. Someone pointed that out earlier that the other homes look like plain houses. This is because it's just another regular old neighborhood in north Dallas. He bought the home for 250,000, demolished it, and built it from scratch. It's funny because when you look into buying a home, it's all about location. Sure, the house may be worth more than 1.1 mm. Does that mean you would buy it for that price? That's up to you. Personally, I wouldn't. It's a corner home in a pretty outdated neighborhood. Google Streetview it to see his neighbors for yourself. You're better off building a brand new home for a discount.

I'm also going to tell you he built the house for less than a million bucks. This shouldn't be a surprise. I will say this though, this same house in Highland Park would easily be 5+ mm.

If you need anymore clarifications just let me know.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #39
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I don't know how it works up in Dallas, but a coworker built a house in 2005. Obviously the assessed value was much lower in 2005 due to partial construction. In 2006 the value went up significantly but still wasn't close to what he paid. Even then he was able to sweet talk the appraisal district into lowering the number.

How does the city know what market value is in your scenario? The tax assessor doesn't know what you paid for the house, even if financed, unless you voluntarily supply that information. Correct? I'm honestly asking because I don't know. They sent me a form ASKING what I paid for my house but I'm of the opinion that this kind of information is my business only. In Josh's case I'm guessing he sent them a cost basis appraisal to keep his taxes LOWER, knowing a market value approach would show the true $.