Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-07-2003, 09:25 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Planning on a couple of vacations this summer. I'll be spending a 4 day weekend in Galveston with family, a 4 day weekend in Wisconsin with family.

Where should I go for my personal vacation. I have miles that will let me go anywhere in the continental U.S., and about 4-5 free nights at a hotel. I can't decide where to go. Any suggestions.

I'm considering:
Seatle/Vancouver
Wyoming
Montana

But I'm open to suggestions.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2003, 09:50 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The open skies of Montana are really nice this time of year.

When in Galveston, eat at Landry's. There is also a dive of a place (can't remember the name), but it's right next door to the Galvez Hotel. Excellent seafood.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:46 AM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

The Copper Canyon. (In Chihuahua)

Take the train in Dallas and you will finish at Mochis, Sinaloa. 4 days round trip. A couple of days in the Copper Canyon and a couple in Chihuahua and you're going to have the best week of your life.

Hey I was a summer in Eau Claire, WI, many years ago, in the University of Wisconsin! (Go to Water Street [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
Old 03-07-2003, 11:01 AM   #4
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

It's tough to choose between such options!!

I'll be in Montana this July. My friends are getting married and I'm in the wedding.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:40 PM   #5
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I'd love to do the Copper Canyon thing, but unfortunately my ticket is only for the Continental U.S.

I'm leaning towards the Pacific Northwest or Montana I think. Only because those are one of the few locations I haven't been able to visit.

Old 03-07-2003, 12:46 PM   #6
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

If my friends hadn't chosen for me, I'd pick Vancouver. I heard recently that it was second to Zurich, Switzerland for being the best cities in the world to visit.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:55 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the swiss are so non-committal..no way i visit them.

give me texas..i don't need anywhere else
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:28 PM   #8
grbh
Platinum Member

Texas is great, but I've seen everything there is to see in this great state.

Old 03-07-2003, 01:53 PM   #9
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Vancouver is wonderful, simply gorgeous-- I would definitely choose to go there. Then again, I am not an "outdoorsy" person and prefer museums/restaurants/hotels to wildlife/hiking/tents. But Vancouver is honestly the prettiest city I've ever seen, and nearby Victoria is beautiful as well.

And if you're feeling so inclined, you can do a combo urban-rural thing by simply hopping over to Whistler/Blackcomb Mts. for outdoor-type activities; it's absolutely gorgeous there, as well.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:22 PM   #10
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< Vancouver is wonderful, simply gorgeous-- I would definitely choose to go there. Then again, I am not an &quot;outdoorsy&quot; person and prefer museums/restaurants/hotels to wildlife/hiking/tents. But Vancouver is honestly the prettiest city I've ever seen, and nearby Victoria is beautiful as well.

And if you're feeling so inclined, you can do a combo urban-rural thing by simply hopping over to Whistler/Blackcomb Mts. for outdoor-type activities; it's absolutely gorgeous there, as well.
>>

A former rooommate of mine worked at Whistler one summer. It sounds almost as wonderful as the Alps! I didn't realize it was so close to Vancouver.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:35 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

if you've seen everything in texas, see it again!!!!
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:08 PM   #12
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Vancouver is a killer...absolutely beautiful. Don't pass that one up.

Too bad that you can't do the Copper Canyon trip. I told Chiwas that I had always wanted to do it and he sent me the most beautiful book on the Copper Canyon that you can ever imagine.

Old 03-07-2003, 03:33 PM   #13
grbh
Platinum Member

I'm sure I will get out to Copper Canyon sometime. At one point had a brochure for some trips out there, and it was gorgeous. Looking to go the free route for vacation this summer though. That's not all bad.