Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-07-2003, 10:54 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

seen anything good recently?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2003, 11:46 AM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

if you consider good to be no plot, mindless acting from DMX, and pretty good action scenes then i think cradle 2 the grave was pretty good.

saw 2 weeks notice a long time ago and it was alright.

daredevil was good, don't know why many people are giving it a lousy review. sure the differences are huge, but its ok. maybe i just think garner is hot! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

want to go watch bruce the almighty when it comes out.

also planning on watching shanghai knights.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 11:48 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

shanghai knights was funny...

however, not nearly as entertaining as old school..vince vaughn was great in his comedic role

plus, chicago..great movie (even for a guy)
Old 03-07-2003, 01:53 PM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

vince vaughn stole that movie! i went into it thinking it would be all will ferrel, but vince was awesome. i was laughing the entire movie.

daredevil wasn't that bad. the acting was actually decent, but the script was HORRIBLE.

haven't really seen anything else lately, although i do want to see shanghai knights. i love that scene in the preview: "what in our entire history together makes you think i'm capable of something like that?"
Old 03-07-2003, 02:02 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< plus, chicago..great movie (even for a guy) >>

See the musical live (with Bebe Neuwirth as Velma, if possible)--it's 100 times better. The Broadway version was about dancing, singning and live music; very energizing, and left me in awe of the athleticism and physical talent of Broadway performers.

The movie was more or less entertaining, but it felt flat. Long on story, short on dancing; most of the same songs, but not nearly the same talent providing them.

Latifah, in paritcular, was disappointing. She has some presence, and could have an entertaining voice. But where gut-bucket grit was called for she used a sort of a lackadaiscal, passionless, lilt. She did provide a mildly erotic dance number (for a fat girl), but other than that the Oscar-nomination talk for her supporting role was wildly misplaced.

Note to Nellie: &quot;Give'em the ol'...razzle-dazzle.....&quot;

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:08 PM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Old School is great. Will Ferrel streaking after a party was great. Vince Vaughn was really good too coughing as will was getting married at the wedding don't get married. For an hour and a half of laughs this is the perfect movie.B+
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:10 PM   #7
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Recenly saw 'knockaround guys', really dissapointed with that. No story, flat characters, just didn't 'go anywhere'.

Tuck everlasting was actually pretty cool, though, saw that last night.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:17 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

rented igby goes down..hilarious

and bbl, that's the best quote from the movie
Old 03-07-2003, 02:30 PM   #9
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

damn it takes the movies a long time coming to israel.
we just got Two Weeks Notice,looks stupid though.
i wanna see the ring,some of my friends told me its good.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:45 PM   #10
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

If you are ever having trouble getting to sleep, go see Gods and Generals.
The excitement of the intermission (the screen goes blank) might startle you from your slumber, but when you realize there's not much more content there than in the movie, it'll be easy to doze back off. If not, the relentless drone of speeches made from horsetops, and the absolute dreamlike reality of guys with fake beards acting important will waft you quietly into dreamland in no time at all.

I liked it.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:02 PM   #11
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

<< rented igby goes down..hilarious >>

Fantastic movie. I highly recommend it.

As far as Daredevil goes, what's the consensus? Should I see it now for full price or wait for the dollar theatre?
Old 03-07-2003, 03:21 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

dollar theatre
Old 03-07-2003, 03:41 PM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

after having seen it, i'd say dollar theater.

glad i didn;t pay for mine... I used the free ticket i got when i bought the x-men 1.5 dvd (which is the STUPIDEST name for a dvd ever)
Old 03-07-2003, 04:29 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I saw How High and I honestly believe I was high when I seen it. But I liked it. For those movie fans who want a movie with a good plot, ending and characters this isn't for you. It's basically just for a good laugh. It's like a rap version of Cheech and Chong. Tracy Morgan had me crying even though he was in the movie for about 5 minutes.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 05:25 PM   #15
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

For the israelis - I never walk out of movies, but I walked out of two weeks notice. And it wasn't even my idea. My DATE forced me to leave. If a romantic comedy is so bad that chicks will walk out on it, that should mean something. Guys, don't ever get talked into seeing this one. On an upbeat note, I got my money back and saw LOTR Two Towers for the third time. Very enjoyable.

The only other movie of note that I've seen in lately is Gangs of New York. I must stress that this is the best movie I have seen in years. It makes me feel happy just thinking about how good it is. Ahhhh!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 05:37 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

GONY was good..but i actually liked Catch me if you can better
Old 03-07-2003, 05:38 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

my personal favorite is gorillas in the mist
Old 03-08-2003, 10:20 AM   #18
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Didnt saw GONY yet,but suppose to.
Catch me if you can was very disapointing,it was nice but nothing more.
not a movie worth talking about after.

my personal favorites is &quot;The Shawsank Redemption&quot;,and &quot;Forest Gump&quot;.
of course anyone of the LOTR movies is up there with them,but thought i should'nt mention them right now.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:32 PM   #19

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

old school was great

anybody see The Recruit? some of my friends and i were forced to see it since we went to the wrong theatre but i thouht it was alright
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 01:28 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Catch me if you can was very good
sorry if you have bad taste in movies NP
Old 03-08-2003, 08:15 PM   #21
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Just saw Tears of the Sun this afternoon. It was a really good movie if not great. Some really brutal war scenes though. So be warned those of you who are squimish of heart. It did make me stop and think about our level foreign involvement.
Old 03-08-2003, 10:33 PM   #22
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< seen anything good recently? >>

Saw &quot;Gangs of New York&quot; - pretty cool. Bought &quot;The Ring&quot; - ultra cool. The ending totally freaked me out.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:07 PM   #23
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Just got back from Catch Me If You Can. Great movie. Bit long, but very entertaining.

Anyone seen 25th Hour? That any good?
Old 03-09-2003, 07:43 PM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched &quot;Tears of the Sun&quot; as well. I agree with LRB that it wasn't great, but it was pretty gosh darned good. There are some strong, and very relevant (especially for the next couple of weeks )moral themes in this movie...
Old 03-10-2003, 10:33 AM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i thought 25th hour was VERY good.

excellent acting by every party involved. at the risk of any spoliers, i'll warn you:

SPOILERS!

there is a scene near the end that is pretty much dead silent... it had me fixed in my seat, basically unable to move. ed norton's rant is pretty powerful stuff, too... when you see it, you'll know what the rant is.

SPOILER OVER

i'm definitely getting it when it comes to dvd.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:19 PM   #26
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

i just saw &quot;About schmidt&quot;,really a great movie.
a movie that makes you think a little.
i very highly recommend it.
Jack nickelson is fenomenal,absolutly amazing,he should get an oscar for that,simple as that.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:19 PM   #27
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Check out 8 mile when its released on DVD next week, also &quot;The Sign&quot; was scary as hell.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 06:27 PM   #28
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Man, i agree. that Ace of Base song, &quot;The Sign&quot; sure is frightening...

anyway, do you mean, &quot;The Ring&quot; or &quot;Signs&quot;?

The Ring was well done, but i didn't find it that scary.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:42 PM   #29
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< Man, i agree. that Ace of Base song, &quot;The Sign&quot; sure is frightening... >>

Holy crap. I interned at a radio station in Dallas the year that song was a hit. I still hear it in my head to this day. That and their other 2 &quot;hits&quot;. You remember that song &quot;I Swear&quot; by All for one. I do. It haunts me in my sleep. Anyway the DJ slipped up the liner one day and actually referred to the station slogan as &quot;More Continuous Ace of Base&quot;.

P.S. Lisa Loeb can take &quot;Stay&quot; and shove it up her ass.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 06:50 PM   #30
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ha ha... i had it kind of bad like that...

not at a radio station, but I worked at a Sam Goody. we had to play the songs that were popular so people would recognize the song playing and want to buy it. We played Puff Daddy's &quot;I'll be missing you&quot; 50 gajillion times that summer... that and other songs. anyone remember jocelyn enriquez? of course you don't. but i do. i had to hear her &quot;hit&quot; every day, over and over again.

even though i don't like &quot;music snobs&quot; i like going into non-mainstream music stores (places where they can actually play what they want) to hear something different.

now back to your movie discussion.