Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-08-2003, 01:10 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

For those who couldn't make it I though I might provide an update as to who made it (we had a great time by the way). Please forgive me if I forget your name.

Smile at me
Murphy
MFFL
LRB
Rhylan
GRBH
Outlet Pass
MadApe
EvilMav
Sturm
Southern Sweets
Novice41
and several others who's names I am forgetting.

Also making guest appearances Chiwas (who's picture stayed attached to our table the entire evening), and MFF who received a call from our table.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2003, 01:37 AM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

It was a good time -- I'm glad we did it. Thanks to everyone for coming out! Too bad the Mavs are playing like pansies.........
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 04:09 AM   #3
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

i AM GOING TO ASSUME THAT WAS A DRUNKEN STATEMENT. THE MAVS ARE CURRENTLY ON PACE TO HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN THEIR HISTORY.PUSSIES OR NOT.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 08:07 AM   #4
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Hey, it was really nice to meet everyone-- and finally put faces with names!

Luckiliy, the quality of the company successfully detracted from the ugliness of the game!

It was fun. Thanks to all involved for suggesting and planning.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:17 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Really glad that I was able to recover in time to make it. Meeting everyone in person really helped make up for a super ugly game by the Mavs.

Oh and grbh, don't forget Novice41 whose visit spawned this whole party.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:25 AM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

And how could we all forget Southern Sweets.

BTW Brian eat you heart out buddy, my prize for winning the contest was worth attending the party by itself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2003, 10:05 AM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I am awake! I am hung over!!

BTW - for those of you that missed. Shame on you. And for those of you that DID come, but elected to miss the afterparty. HAHAHA! Mad drunkedness did indeed prevail. Nerves and intuition flew out the window. Crazy germans and crazy cajuns. Crazy drunken apes. There were other crazies... However, decorum prevents me from elaborating.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 10:11 AM   #8
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

hey,did anybody talk pictures for those who live on the other side of the planet?
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 11:45 AM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

How did my pic behave?

I have a virtual hangover.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:24 PM   #10
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

You were well hung, Chi !

it was a great party...and by the way, sturm looks much like her icon, only better (sans the green hair). Photos by Southern Sweets forthcoming.

Mad Fun until the fight broke out between the anti and ultra-anti Rigadeau factions !
Old 03-08-2003, 01:23 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yes, it was a good time..the after party party was a good time as well. definitely a good time by all
especially the after party party

it was a pleasure to meet all of you that made it out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 02:34 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

<cough><cough>
Old 03-08-2003, 02:52 PM   #13
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

<<

it was a great party...and by the way, sturm looks much like her icon, only better (sans the green hair).
>>

That's only because you haven't seen my celebratory St. Patrick's Day look yet, OP. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2003, 03:03 PM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

The crazy Germans let me crash on their couch last night, and then I woke up at 4:30AM - COMPLETELY AWAKE! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I'm never a morning person, and I felt like I could start my day. So I dozed on the couch until 9. Then we went back to D&amp;B to get my car. We got so lost!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] But we made it eventually. I won't list the traffic violations we racked up! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But it was an adventure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2003, 03:04 PM   #15
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Oh yeah, and the party and after party were great fun. I'm glad I was able to meet you all in person. Mavs fans are so awesome! I was impressed.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:09 PM   #16
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for making it out everyone! It was a lot of fun meeting everyone, and I'll agree with S&amp;D in saying that the quality of the company made up for the frustration of a terrible game (although it is somewhat pleasing to me that we got to see yet another game that we probably would have lost without the services of the &quot;Greatest Running 7-6 player in the History of Basketball&quot
Old 03-08-2003, 03:12 PM   #17
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< How did my pic behave?

I have a virtual hangover.
>>

Chiwas, your picture behaved perfectly!

Nash13, Sweets took the picture of me blowing you a kiss! We'll have to get her to send it.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:20 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

there's a pic of her blowing you a kiss..and another pic of her giving you the finger... not sure which one will be posted
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2003, 03:25 PM   #19
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< there's a pic of her blowing you a kiss..and another pic of her giving you the finger... not sure which one will be posted
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

no, Murphy, I was giving you the finger. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2003, 03:32 PM   #20
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Tousand Dank Frau Smiles.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 03:33 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

which finger?
Old 03-08-2003, 03:48 PM   #22
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< which finger? >>

Didn't you see? when you cut me off in the parking lot? that parking spot was mine! and i had to go to the back of the lot.

it's pretty funny actually. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2003, 03:51 PM   #23
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< Tousand Dank Frau Smiles.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

Herr Nash13,
that would be &quot;fraulein&quot; - since i am not married. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

edit: because mein deutsch ist sehr schleckt!
Old 03-08-2003, 05:10 PM   #24
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Also thanks to Evilmav for doing all the reservation stuff! Too bad we couldn't leave him holding the bag for our check. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 05:13 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

<< Didn't you see? when you cut me off in the parking lot? that parking spot was mine! and i had to go to the back of the lot. >>

What do you expect? I'm Murph. I get the parking spot closest to the building
Old 03-08-2003, 10:34 PM   #26
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It was a lot of fun. I'm sorry I decided not to go to the after party - it sounds like it was a blast.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 11:33 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Who won the drinking challenge? I bet for SS.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:10 AM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

i don't think there was one..but, if for some reason, evilmav or madape would like to indulge in one in the future, i'd be up for it..
Old 03-09-2003, 01:09 AM   #29
madape
Diamond Member

I would never think of challenging EvilMav to a drinking contest. I'm not sure my insurance would cover it.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:58 AM   #30
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

is anybody gonna post some pictures or what?!
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #31
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Southern_Sweets will be posting photos...except for the nudes !
Old 03-09-2003, 03:40 PM   #32
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< ...except for the nudes ! >>

Well, that's no fun for the rest of us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2003, 03:48 PM   #33
Chiwas
Guru

<<

<< ...except for the nudes ! >>

Well, that's no fun for the rest of us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

Agree. Show all pics.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:10 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

the last thing anyone wants to see is a naked pic of madape and evilmav mud wrestling
Old 03-09-2003, 10:00 PM   #35
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Thank you all for the millions of PM's. I will post the pictures ASAP. My digital camera died so this has to be done the old fashioned way.

It was nice to meet everyone on Friday. I had a great time at the party...and the after party I think (not sure I remember much of that) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:17 PM   #36
Chiwas
Guru

Did you use your nicks?
Old 03-09-2003, 10:44 PM   #37
sturm und drang
Golden Member

This after party sounds far superior to the birthday party I was obligated to trot off to-- and I just hate it when I miss out on gratuitous debauchery!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2003, 11:03 PM   #38
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Did I hear a debauchery in there? Perhaps it was a niner?
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:16 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

it was fun...sturm..
although i'm &quot;unable to function in society&quot;, i enjoyed myself in both social settings..the Mavs party and the after party party.

glad you weren't scared off when you first joined the site

maybe i am unable to function in society..my hot date ended up getting other plans on saturday night..
maybe brian has a point

nah, probably not
Old 03-09-2003, 11:18 PM   #40
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

HAhaha... Keep making cracks like that &quot;naked wrestling&quot; one, and you just might find yourself wrestling your way out of a dumpster if we ever have another D-M event Murphy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...