Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-10-2003, 10:15 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it's time to discuss the next mavs get together..
this time, i'm thinking either a very important regular season game..or, the playoffs. but obviously, if it involves a game of such magnitude..the objective is basketball first..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2003, 10:23 AM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

The hangover is gone.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:52 AM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree, murph, because I go to all important/playoff games. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

..well, unless it's a road game, of course. (it's early, the brain doesn't function.)
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:35 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, rhylan, it would have to be a road game for the playoffs..and preferably a road game anytime
Old 03-10-2003, 11:55 AM   #5
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I'm game! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2003, 11:59 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

i knew you'd be in on the action..coul
Old 03-10-2003, 12:02 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

So where and when?

Old 03-10-2003, 12:07 PM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

please do not schedule it for the April 11th Utah game!! I'll be out of town.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:10 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< please do not schedule it for the April 11th Utah game!! I'll be out of town. >>

By all means we must have the candy cane present!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2003, 12:29 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

smiles, that might be about the only available date..unless we wait until the playoffs.. we'll come up with something or somesuch
Old 03-10-2003, 12:41 PM   #11
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Count me in, too!
Old 03-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

off to a good start
Old 03-10-2003, 01:17 PM   #13
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< smiles, that might be about the only available date..unless we wait until the playoffs.. we'll come up with something or somesuch >>

Oh don't you dare!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

What about these weekend options?
3/16 Sunday &agrave; Sacramento 2:30PM
3/28 Friday &agrave; Portland 9:30PM
3/30 Sunday &agrave; Minnesota 12:30PM

LRB, thank you for being on my side! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2003, 01:18 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

sunday's not as good of a day to go out drinking, having THAT good of a time.
Portland would work if people wanted to get together again that quickly
Old 03-10-2003, 01:29 PM   #15
Smiles
Diamond Member

You're right though, things would be getting a late start with Portland.

Plan it for whenever works for the group - even April 11th. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My trip isn't 100% confirmed anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2003, 02:11 PM   #16
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

I'll be there...the last one was too much fun...gotta have another.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:15 PM   #17
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

If you do it in the middle of the week, I'll try and come.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:20 PM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I actually don't mind a later start, gives me time to handle work crap. But just my two cents.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:37 PM   #19
Smiles
Diamond Member

midweek works for me as well.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:49 PM   #20
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Midweek always works best for drinking specials...
Old 03-10-2003, 02:51 PM   #21
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Maybe this time I'll try a nude pic attending.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:09 PM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, as an alternate possibility, we could always rent out a residence inn suite, pick up a keg, and I would be happy to smoke a good 30 pounds of brisket, ribs, and chicken quarters to provide more than enought victuals for everyone...

We needn't necessarily think about doing something like that for the next event, but assuming everyone has a good time again, that might be an option for the future. Such an all-afternoon kind of thing might be fun on a Saturday for an away-playoff game. The food cooking would take all night, but I do it all the time anyway...
Old 03-10-2003, 03:20 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

evilmav, that is one hell of an idea
Old 03-10-2003, 03:22 PM   #24
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

once again...evil is good !
Old 03-10-2003, 03:25 PM   #25
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Please don't schedule midweek. I won't be able to come.

And...I need a couple of weeks at least to recover from the last party.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 03:29 PM   #26
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Some of the Good Stuff
Old 03-10-2003, 03:46 PM   #27
Smiles
Diamond Member

YES, YES!! An excellent idea!
Old 03-10-2003, 03:53 PM   #28
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I like the idea too.

I can provide dessert for everyone. A keg sounds great, but we could also do hurricanes or mint julep punch (I have a great recipe for this).
Old 03-10-2003, 03:54 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

well, a keg is nice..but random people can bring some other stuff..i'm sure i'll bring rum..some coke..ya know
Old 03-10-2003, 04:03 PM   #30
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

A residence inn party? What, am I back in college again? Let's call up the sororities! whooooohoooo!!!!!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #31
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hell yeah! and everybody crashes in one room!

maybe i can take a business trip down to dallas and have my company pay for the room. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2003, 06:23 PM   #32
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Great plan evil.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 06:36 PM   #33
LRB
Guru

Evil is definitely the man with the plan.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:58 PM   #34
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< hell yeah! and everybody crashes in one room! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

that's a scary thought! pranksters...
Old 03-11-2003, 12:00 AM   #35
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Maybe we should get a two bedroom suite.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:40 AM   #36
LRB
Guru

<< Maybe we should get a two bedroom suite. >>

Or you could just get a one bedroom suite with a mirror over the bed so it would look like two. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 10:34 AM   #37
Smiles
Diamond Member

Good Lord! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

This morning, a guy at work walked up to me and said, &quot;Did you have fun at Dave &amp; Buster's Friday night?&quot; He had just gotten there when he saw me leaving.

It never crossed my mind that I might encounter someone from work!!
Old 03-11-2003, 03:42 PM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

Which game?

they didn't show up at Beagle's, did they?

i didn't think i'd see anyone there that i hadn't seen in ...5 years or so. but, sure enough, i did
Old 03-11-2003, 03:46 PM   #39
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Maybe it's not a good idea to party this way in the same town where you work.

Maybe we should pick some neutral town for the next party. That way we won't have to be as reserved as last time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 03:53 PM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

does evilmav know that you're disrespecting him with that signature of yours?