Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #1241
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Who is saying Dirk is top 10? Obviously he's not. Even with a ring he's not.

MJ
Bird
Magic
Wilt
Kareem
Russell
Duncan
Hakeem
Shaq

Those 9 are all Top 10 in my book (not in order). 10th is a choice between West, Oscar (really overrated IMO, despite his stellar numbers), and Kobe.

Dirk will never join that class. But with a ring he could be 10-20.
There is no way Kobe isnt in this, Kobe is with no doubt Top 5, i would rank him after MJ at No 2!
Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #1242
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Kobe in the top 5? LOL, no. Bryant at this point isn't even the best Laker of all-time, and his prime is nowhere near to the immortal 6's. He's a fringe top 10 player, me, personally (who puts more emphasis on a player prime's impact than most casual fan) have him just outside the top 10 probably. Surefire top 5 player? Not at all. Also, would have love to see what Dirk would have been able to do as Shaq's sidekick... I'm pretty sure they would have been even more dominant. Fun fact: Those Lakers' teams won around 30% of their games when the big fella wasn't playing, and around 70% when he was playing. with Bryant out and Shaq playing? Around 70%... I looked up the stat not too long ago, maybe it was even worst for Kobe, can't find it right now, but it was astonishing. I think Kobe became one of the most overrated players of all-time in the last few years, there are more and more people out there, who think he's close, or even equal now with MJ. Blasphemy. I think he's a myth, and if you look at his career impact numbers, you have to realize, it's all an ESPN created lie. That article shows just like that. 75% of GM's want Kobe to take the last shot, even though he's nowhere near the best at it? Not only Dirk is much better at it, numerous other players destroys Kobe's efficiency in the last seconds.

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/pos...in-crunch-time

Don't get me wrong, he's a tremendous player, but not nearly as good as some want you to believe.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 01-30-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #1243
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

anyway....

DIRK IS AMAZING
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #1244
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
BG... you put Dirk ahead of Shaq and Hakeem? (and Malone, West, Moses etc)
Yup...Those guys (but mainly focusing on shaq) have had solid teams around them. Shaq was dominant, but he also missed a ton of time for just being a beast. Rhylan's numbers definitely painted a picture that supports him being in the top 10, but I felt differently.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-30-2011 at 04:30 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #1245
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkules41 View Post
There is no way Kobe isnt in this, Kobe is with no doubt Top 5, i would rank him after MJ at No 2!
LMAO. How old are you, kid? 12? Do you even know who Bill Russell and Kareem are?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #1246
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

Im 25, have seen MJ playing but of course no Russell, Kareem and so on, but i bet you havent see them too unless you are older then 50! I know who they are but its hard to compare player from today with players which played the game 40 years ago! And no need to get personal over this, its my opinion!

Last edited by Dirkules41; 01-30-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #1247
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Second part? I was listening on theticket site podcast that was different than the link. I would like to hear that.
Quote:
I don't know..your question prompted me, I didn't hear it live. They didn't say goodbye that's for sure.
Here is the whole interview
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #1248
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future
Default Article on Dirk's future in case of a lockout

For your interest...

German tabloid "BILD" had an article up on its website on Saturday about the looming lockout and its potential effect on Dirk. The story notes that the Dirkster would consider playing in Germany in case of a strike.

"Before I don't do anything for a year, I'll come to Germany," Dirk is quoted in the article. Holger Geschwindner adds: "It would be negligent to not think about possible scenarios."

Apparently, there are three different clubs interested in Dirk: Current champions Brose Baskets Bamberg, Bayern Munich and Alba Berlin. Bamberg's GM Wolfgang Heyder, Berlin's GM Mithat Demirel, who is a friend and former teammate of Dirk on the national team, and Munich's coach Dirk Bauermann, who is Dirk's coach on the national team as well, are all quoted in the article and confirm their legitimate interest. Demirel goes as far as to say that "Dirk and Holger have known for a long time that we would do anything to bring him to Berlin."

According to the story, Dirk could make a little over €1 million (~ $1.4 million) for his quick side-trip to Germany.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #1249
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently he won't do it, but I'd much rather Dirk take the time off and rest...
Old 01-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #1250
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Here is the whole interview
thanks...it had a lot of extra stuff....gracias...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #1251
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of people were hating on Carlisle for his strange substitution patterns with Dirk in the past few weeks... though it be madness, yet there was method in't.

Quote:
Mavs coach Rick Carlisle altered Nowitzki's substitution pattern, playing him in shorter bursts to try to preserve his wind. It seems to have worked. The extra breaks also enabled Nowitzki to log just 33 minutes in the last two games, his fewest during the current five-game win streak.
Dirk Nowitzki is settling back into rhythm
Old 02-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #1252
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

That snippet shows no bearing if it worked or not. All it does is state that Dirk only played 33 minutes...the very fact some were bemoaning...
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #1253
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
That snippet shows no bearing if it worked or not. All it does is state that Dirk only played 33 minutes...the very fact some were bemoaning...
The stated intention of the substitution pattern was to make sure that Dirk had adequate time to get his wind back. Did that stated intention come from Carlisle, Dirk, or the reporter? Not clear. "It seems to have worked" can be interpreted in various ways, but without a clear statement from Dirk on whether or not he considered it to be beneficial, there's no point in discussing this.

Dirk only playing 33 minutes was mentioned as a side benefit of the substitution, not as contributing evidence to the conclusion of the method working.

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing with you.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #1254
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I questioned Carlisle's decision to sit Dirk was one of the games (can't remember which) where he sat Dirk for like 2 minutes in the middle of the 4th when the other team was making a huge comeback.

I think if you are going to rest Dirk and he aint playing 12 minutes (the whole quarter), then in the 4th I think it would be be better to do it earlier rather than later.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #1255
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

There will be some more Dirk stuff up on MMB early tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #1256
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
The stated intention of the substitution pattern was to make sure that Dirk had adequate time to get his wind back. Did that stated intention come from Carlisle, Dirk, or the reporter? Not clear. "It seems to have worked" can be interpreted in various ways, but without a clear statement from Dirk on whether or not he considered it to be beneficial, there's no point in discussing this.

Dirk only playing 33 minutes was mentioned as a side benefit of the substitution, not as contributing evidence to the conclusion of the method working.

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing with you.
Think of it as practice, sprinting lines, then getting a blow if you make times, sprinting lines, then taking free throws. Sprinting lines, then scrimmage for 5 minutes.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #1257
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I would prefer Kidds minutes being down because right now his minutes jumped back to 33:30 a game...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #1258
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway... did anyone watch Tosh.0 tonight? He did a Web Redemption of the girl who forgot the national anthem in the Portland vs. Dallas game, and Maurice Cheeks helped her.... Tosh mentioned Dirk and she goes "he gave me a high 5 afterwards." Then Tosh went on to say Dirk was a Nazi, etc. as expected. Anyway, as if we needed another account of how nice Dirk is as a person.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #1259
iella
Golden Member

Whenever I need to remember how nice of a guy Dirk is, I think of this video.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:11 AM   #1260
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Whenever I need to remember how nice of a guy Dirk is, I think of this video.
so good
Old 02-02-2011, 02:45 AM   #1261
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Anyway... did anyone watch Tosh.0 tonight? He did a Web Redemption of the girl who forgot the national anthem in the Portland vs. Dallas game, and Maurice Cheeks helped her.... Tosh mentioned Dirk and she goes "he gave me a high 5 afterwards." Then Tosh went on to say Dirk was a Nazi, etc. as expected. Anyway, as if we needed another account of how nice Dirk is as a person.
Just caught it on my DVR. Great stuff. The girl has become pretty decent looking, too.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #1262
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Who the **** is Tosh.0 and why would he get away using the n-word on dirk!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #1263
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely loathe that retard Daniel Tosh and want to punch whoever thought it was a bright idea to give him a whole half hour on television. I hate him even more after reading that.

Dirk >>> Tosh.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #1264
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who the **** is Tosh.0 and why would he get away using the n-word on dirk!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I absolutely loathe that retard Daniel Tosh and want to punch whoever thought it was a bright idea to give him a whole half hour on television. I hate him even more after reading that.

Dirk >>> Tosh.
He was kidding. He's a comedian (regardless of whether you find him funny). It's his job.

Ya'll chill.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-02-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #1265
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
He was kidding. He's a comedian (regardless of whether you find him funny). It's his job.

Ya'll chill.
I know it was a joke, but Tosh is the bigger joke.

Edit: Don't want to hijack this thread, back to Dirk's awesomeness.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 02-02-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #1266
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Ya'll chill.
So it's his job to make bigoted remarks? It would be one thing if there were a bunch of german comics making self-references to n*** and everyone yuked it up about it. Like stupid black comedians and rappers do to themselves.

But last time I looked I've never seen dirk rapping about the n-word and talking up how cool they were. In fact it's the one thing that he's specifically gets upset about. Enough to try and find the idiot who is yelling it at him AND noticing how many times it happens in arenas.

So just because someone is stupid enough to yell racial epithets doesn't mean he gets a pass on this.

I'm getting a little more pissed thinking about it to be honest. At what venue was this done? EDIT: Never mind looked him up...

Wonder why he didn't call moe cheeks something racial and bigoted?

And agreed...we need to get this crap outta dirks thread..

Last edited by dude1394; 02-02-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #1267
LonghornDub

Quote:
So it's his job to make bigoted remarks? It would be one thing if there were a bunch of german comics making self-references to n*** and everyone yuked it up about it. Like stupid black comedians and rappers do to themselves.
Dude. Tosh is German.

And just to reiterate: he is a comedian. You take things way too damn seriously, bro. That's not to say you have to think he's funny, but recognize him for what he is.

Lighten up. Dirk would.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-02-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #1268
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Fwiw Tosh can be funny, he's just not on the level of Bill Burr or Zach Galifianakis. I throw Dirks name in here now so I too have kept this thread about Dirk.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #1269
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I wish I hadn't brought it up. Tosh is hilarious, but he pushes the envelope. I guess his show isn't as popular as I thought, because I certainly didn't predict this.

I think Dirk would have laughed, and taking it out of the context created by the video itself it can make it sound bad. But it wasn't. Zach is genius, Bill Burr is excellent.

Let's keep it on topic though, so here's another nugget:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Carlisle
What is causing Dirk’s recovery to be slower than normal?

Well, I think there is something that we all have to realize, and that is we have all become accustomed to a level of greatnessand taking it for granted for a long time. Now its only my third year, and a lot of you guys have been around here a lot longer than that…and so I would just remind everybody that we all are really privileged to be watching one of the truly all time greats. The effect that he has on our entire team is phenomenally high. His presence influences our team probably more than any other great player in this league because it’s so unique. There aren’t many seven-foot guys and probably aren’t any that require a guy glued to him at twenty-four feet from the basket. That just creates a great amount of space which contributes to a lot of great things offensively. His link defensively was sorely missed when he was out too. Then you factor in the fact that we loose Caron [Butler]; there’s your number two scorer, depending on him and Jet, but they are both different type of players and so it becomes an even greater sort of stress on the situation. I think we are all just very lucky that we have been able to experience life with Dirk Nowitzki on this team, because it’s special.

Check it out here
Old 02-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #1270
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Dude. Tosh is German.

And just to reiterate: he is a comedian. You take things way too damn seriously, bro. That's not to say you have to think he's funny, but recognize him for what he is.

Lighten up. Dirk would.
Then he can call himself the n-word all he wants. But when BaD radio brought the subject up, dirk didn't think it was funny. I expect he wouldn't think it's that funny either. In general I'm not a big believer in bigoted statements, comedian or not.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #1271
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Wow, I wish I hadn't brought it up. Tosh is hilarious, but he pushes the envelope. I guess his show isn't as popular as I thought, because I certainly didn't predict this.
It's the highest-rated show on Comedy Central, including South Park and the Daily Show, so it's pretty popular. But it's obviously not for everyone. To each his own.

Oh, and in the spirit of the thread...Dirk is sexy and comprised 94.6% of sheer basketball talent and glory. I liked that one time he hit that one shot.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #1272
BGMaverick9
Guru

Dirk is 13 points away from the 22K points plateau. Dirk would become the 24th player in NBA history to achieve that milestone.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #1273
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Dirk has made 11 fgs in the final :24 of one possession games since 2009 - more than any other player
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #1274
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

22k points.

If he averages ~20PPG over the next 3 years he is Top 10 alltime...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ts_career.html
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #1275
fluid.forty.one

double post

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 02-02-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #1276
fluid.forty.one

Dirk is 179 points away from Clyde the Glyde.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #1277
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
22k points.

If he averages ~20PPG over the next 3 years he is Top 10 alltime...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ts_career.html
It's not out of the question that he could hit 30,000. He'd have top play until he's in his late 30's, which I'm not sure he wants to do, but its really amazing to see that he could easily be up there if he wanted, provided his health stays its usual Dirk-y.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #1278
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Among 22,000, Dirk's points coming efficiently

NEW YORK -- For anyone who didn't know, Dirk Nowitzki reached 22,000 career points when he capped the first half Wednesday against the New York Knicks with two free throws to give him 13 points for the game.

"Really? I didn’t even know that,” Nowitzki said after he scored 29 points on 10-of-16 shooting in the Mavs' 113-97 victory. “It’s been a pretty sweet ride for me the last 13 years, but one thing is missing. We all know what we’re chasing and that’s ultimately the championship. I signed on for another four years, so hopefully one of these years I can reach my goal."

Dirk said the same thing in December when he passed Larry Bird on the NBA's all-time scoring list in another impressive win at Orlando.

But, why ruin another rare-air milestone with talk of an elusive championship during frigid February? Nowitzki became just the 24th player to reach 22,000 points. He takes 22,016 career points into Friday's game at the Boston Celtics.

Mavs coach Rick Carlisle won't do it.

"There's a few guys who have done it in history, but Dirk is a unique guy," Carlisle said. "There's nobody that has worked at developing his game more than he has in the history of the league. And I put him up against [Larry] Bird and all those guys that have the great work ethic and great reputations as hard workers. There's a reason the ball goes in the basket. That's because he's great and he's put in the time and the hours."

Nowitzki continued his recent shooting surge against the Knicks, connecting on 10-of-16 shots and scoring his 29 points in only 32 minutes. And that might be the most hopeful number of all. In years past, including earlier this season, Nowitzki has had big scoring games, but he's often had the burden of carrying the scoring load and playing upward of 38 minutes.

But, as the Mavs did during their 12-game win streak, they are again moving the ball around offensively, getting five, six and seven players in double figures. With Nowitzki shooting it at such a high percentage and making the smart play if his shot isn't there, his teammates are benefitting from open looks.

During this six-game winning streak, the Mavs have scored more than 100 points five times and at least 111 points three times.

"Like I was doing it in November, December, I was scoring efficiently. I think that was the biggest plus for me early in the season where I didn’t have to work as hard," Nowitzki said. "I didn’t have to hoist 30 shots to get my 23, 24 points. If I’m efficient out there, if I get double-teammed move the ball and that’s what I’ve been doing all season, scoring efficiently, seeing what they give me and if it’s not there swing the ball, run a pick and roll and let somebody else get a shot. Moving the ball, sharing the ball has been working pretty well."
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...0-and-counting

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #1279
dude1394
Guru

Nice RC...Nice...Dirk the Work...
Old 02-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #1280
dude1394
Guru

From the NYTimes writeup...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/03/sp...ref=basketball
Quote:
Shawne Williams, playing again after a one-game suspension for fighting, was ineffective at both ends of the court, scoring just 2 points while struggling to guard Nowitzki. He fouled out in just 24 minutes.

With Wilson Chandler again resting a sore calf, the Knicks’ frontcourt rotation was thin, and their options for defending Nowitzki, limited. Ronny Turiaf opened the game against Nowitzki, then gave way to Williams, Timofey Mozgov and Bill Walker.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer