Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #441
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Well... logically that would probably be after Harry decides which way to go, horcruxes or hallows then, either after he questions them both or before. That might be a good transition to have him going into Griphooks room but the viewer not knowing until the start of the next movie. It will be interesting to see how they do it.
Right, you don't necessarily have to tell the viewer what the next step is. You could have Harry showing his new resolve after burying Dobby, giving indications that he knows what he has to do next, and end movie.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-13-2008 at 10:42 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #442
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and especially the ending battle and Harry schooling Riddle on the flaws of his plan.
oh...you mean the worst part of the series where the 17 year old knows more about EVERYTHING than the man who Dumbledore said knows more magic any one???

I loved parts of the last book....but hated how V went from being the most bad to bone villain in recent memory to a chicken with his head cut off...ugh.

great news about the two film ending though....very cool, but not surprising at all...especially when one considers the amount of dough the studios will make this way.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #443
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's win-win (or win-win-win for you 'The Office' fans).

The studio makes a billion dollars extra, we get 2.5 more hours of movie and something to look forward to, and everybody's happy.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #444
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
oh...you mean the worst part of the series where the 17 year old knows more about EVERYTHING than the man who Dumbledore said knows more magic any one???

I loved parts of the last book....but hated how V went from being the most bad to bone villain in recent memory to a chicken with his head cut off...ugh.

great news about the two film ending though....very cool, but not surprising at all...especially when one considers the amount of dough the studios will make this way.
He knows more about a subject that Voldemort considered beneath and didn't bother learning.

And he knew it because Dumbledore led him to answers, and just flat told him at times.

Worst part of the series? Those are fightin' words, in the highest order.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-13-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #445
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

My post counts thanks the board for the very strange error.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #446
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Sike sucks.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 03-13-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #447
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Tired of my sig yet?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #448
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Everyone click the ultimate showdown link.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #449
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

The dreaded 6 post.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 03-13-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #450
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

No idea what happened here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #451
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

What the flip happened there.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #452
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Geez thig...if you wanted to derail this thread, there are better ways to do it

(that is weird though, haven't seen that one)
Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #453
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I think I accidentlly clicked post from quick reply, and then continued typing. As the posts continued they had more and mroe of my last sentence.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #454
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
He knows more about a subject that Voldemort considered beneath and didn't bother learning.

And he knew it because Dumbledore led him to answers, and just flat told him at times.

Worst part of the series? Those are fightin' words, in the highest order.
true about V thinking love beneath him...

but it was still the worst part of the books as far as quality writing...to hear Potter preaching to V for pages as they are supposedly dueling is just insanely bad literature.

I loved the castle scenes, but V goes from being an unstoppable force as he single handedly owns three very powerful wizards to a little toad when facing Harry...there had to be a better ending than that...the series deserved it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-13-2008, 11:13 AM   #455
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
true about V thinking love beneath him...

but it was still the worst part of the books as far as quality writing...to hear Potter preaching to V for pages as they are supposedly dueling is just insanely bad literature.

I loved the castle scenes, but V goes from being an unstoppable force as he single handedly owns three very powerful wizards to a little toad when facing Harry...there had to be a better ending than that...the series deserved it.
How do you do it differently? Once he comes against Harry, he can either kill him or he can't. Harry didn't have the skill or experience to actually duel him.

It wasn't Harry he was facing, really, and it wasn't Harry's skill that killed him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 03-13-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #456
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
How do you do it differently? Once he comes against Harry, he can either kill him or he can't. Harry didn't have the skill or experience to actually duel him.

It wasn't Harry he was facing, really, and it wasn't Harry's skill that killed him.
The creative genius of J.K.R. could have come up with something that still gave V his due...of that I have no doubt.

here is one thing I have NEVER been able to resolve...why didn't V has the good common sense to try ANY....ANY....ANY other spells on that kid????!!!! Because if I understand correctly...the elder wand wound not kill its rightful owner...but it would have done lesser spells. It just seemed so silly that V wouldn't do other magic on Harry...it seemed so obvious that it actually upset me.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #457
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Bc I don't think he believed Harry about the wands allegiance. The whole point was that he didn't understand or care about subtleties like that.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #458
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
.but it would have done lesser spells.
Would it though?

He (moldy voldy) tried crucio on him while he thought he was dead, and it didn't even hurt him.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-13-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:44 AM   #459
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Would it though?

He (moldy voldy) tried crucio on him while he thought he was dead, and it didn't even hurt him.
Yup.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #460
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Yup.
so are we to believe it would preform no spells against Potter?

Old 03-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #461
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
so are we to believe it would preform no spells against Potter?
I would say it was weakened. As Voldemort even said, against all other wizards the wand was not behaving as it should. It was just like any normal wand.

Against the wand's owner, it was even less effective. What else are we supposed to assume when Crucio also didn't work, as Flac pointed out.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #462
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
STOP THE MOTHER EFFING PRESSES!!!!!

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...05030&GT1=7701

HELL YES.

They might actually get something right. I am just absolutely tickled by this news. I hope it's true.

edit....did they get the actors to all sign off on this? That's quite a commitment, but I guess they can shoot it all in one principal photography session....so giddy.
That's very good news.. I'm pretty sure some of you even suggested this earlier.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #463
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

If Voldemort was a chicken with his head cut off it's because he put himself in that position. He didn't understand wand law and that showed in the end. Just because Harry is 17 doesn't mean he has to be ignorant. Especially on a subject that he has spent the better part of 2 years working towards figuring out. It wasn't that Harry knew more than Voldemort, because Harry's knowledge of dark magic is relegated to little more than horcruxes and the unforgivable curses... he just happened to be enlightened on the magic that ended up being the downfall of his nemesis.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #464
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wink

Quote:
up yours sike
I gagree
Old 03-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #465
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
If Voldemort was a chicken with his head cut off it's because he put himself in that position. He didn't understand wand law and that showed in the end. Just because Harry is 17 doesn't mean he has to be ignorant. Especially on a subject that he has spent the better part of 2 years working towards figuring out. It wasn't that Harry knew more than Voldemort, because Harry's knowledge of dark magic is relegated to little more than horcruxes and the unforgivable curses... he just happened to be enlightened on the magic that ended up being the downfall of his nemesis.
yup...I agree with you guys...it was a pretty weak way to off big V.

I still see no reason why V couldn't have defeated Harry easily...unless the wand would not perform any spells against its rightful owner...if that is correct, its one thing...but the fact that V didn't even try other spells (if memory serves) in his duel with Harry is just dumb.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #466
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
yup...I agree with you guys...it was a pretty weak way to off big V.

I still see no reason why V couldn't have defeated Harry easily...unless the wand would not perform any spells against its rightful owner...if that is correct, its one thing...but the fact that V didn't even try other spells (if memory serves) in his duel with Harry is just dumb.
Sike, he tried Crucio before the duel and it didn't work.

The fact that the wand would not work against its owner was pretty much the point. It was the plan Dumbledore set into action.

Remember when Dumbledore lamented that the plan didn't work out for Snape? It's because in Dumbledore's plan, Snape was supposed to be the owner of the wand, by killing Dumbledore, and thus Voldemort could not have killed him, and Dumbledore e surely knew he would try to do that when the wand would not work properly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 03-13-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #467
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think no matter what he did with that wand, it wasn't going to hurt Harry. Besides, the story was supposed to be more about love over death rather than about skill with a wand.

It was voldemorts arrogance in not learning about wand lore or house elves or ancient magic that defeated him.

It was his cruelty that turned Narcissa Malfoy to betray him, and Snape to betray him that defeated him.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #468
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Narcissa? *snort*
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #469
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

So now that it's official and all...... Which mess ups will they fix? Which will they not?

Here are some of the ones they HAVE to fix:

Horcruxes - You cant reduce the number of Horcruxes. You can't. Now that we know there are 2 films will they write in the Gaunts/Hepzibah Smith memories in HBP? Or is it too late?

Dobby - He has to be in HBP, otherwise the viewer isn't going to care too much for him dying. Unless he's just going to be gone totally, which would suck.

Fleur and Bill - They aren't in HBP so we won't see Bill get disfigured and Fleur get her attitude on with Molly. Will there be a wedding? There better be because I'm looking forward to the next one:

Scrimgeour - He isn't cast either in HBP. Hopefully they mention this and have Fudge gone so that we can have Kingsley's Lynx patronus show up and proclaim that "The ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

I'll add more later...
Old 03-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #470
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Unfortunately they already too far into HBP to fix those things. The horcruxes will be something I'm sure they can't change. I know they've said that the number of Riddel remembrances in HBP movie wouldn't be the same as the book, but I'm sure she wouldn't approve (they pass the script under her nose before they finalize it) any less than 7 (and the secret 8th) fragment of voldy's soul.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #471
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

haha i don't understand anything you guys are writing.

AHHHCRUCIO!!!!!

I like the movies though. Adding another sounds like fun.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #472
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJaI...eature=related
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7syA...eature=related
Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c39GO...eature=related
Part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPlcG...eature=related
Part 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGCyo...eature=related

These are the A&E Biography of JKR. Watching the ending of part 5 explains the epilogue which I know many of you are not pleased with. But knowing the reason for it and a bit of it's history I think is pretty cool.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #473
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to find ways of shortening a long off-season. Just started reading Sorcerer's Stone again... gonna try and go straight through all 7 books.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #474
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That's a pretty good thing to do in the summer.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #475
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I'm trying to find ways of shortening a long off-season. Just started reading Sorcerer's Stone again... gonna try and go straight through all 7 books.
I'm reading the books to my girls. We are at the beginning of HBP right now. They love it because my wife is a movie only fan so she is kept in the dark about the goings on. And they like to talk about S.P.E.W., Winky, etc.... at dinner sometimes so they can show their HP nerddom.

I'm regretting the ending of this book because my oldest daughter is a big DD fan. And my younger daughter loves Hedwig so the beginning of DH is going to be difficult.

I thought for sure, and have been meaning to ask, that I saw Pigwidgeon briefly in an ending scene of one of the movies.... although he wasn't named. Anyone remember if thats true and if so which one?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:04 AM   #476
fluid.forty.one

1-3 down.. I had forgotten how good these books are.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:50 PM   #477
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

crap. forgot to do this on her 18th birthday (april 15th)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Old 05-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #478
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

If Hermione Granger is trouble, put me in time out!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #479
fluid.forty.one

Hermione is bomb.

Book 4 down.. starting 5. 5-7 were the ones that I haven't read much.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #480
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Those are the best ones. They just get better.

Tags
dumbledore is gay q=(, dumbledore kills snape, failed to cast leviosa, harry chases small balls, my elder wand is magical, snape dapes rumbledore, snape kills dumbledore, voldemort > harry, voldemort is awesome, your mom is awesome