Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #161
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I’m one of the most adamant around here that we desperately need another secondary ball handler/ creator and I don’t think Brunson is the answer. I think Brunson is a good player on a good contract and still has room to improve but not a guy who can consistently get his own. KP just hasn’t been that efficient in the post or off the bounce. He seemed more efficient in the mid range against the Clipper and maybe that’s a harbinger of better things. But he lacks the quicks and explosion that give, say, Anthony Davis his space for wide open mid range shots. He lacks the strength and obviously the vision of Jokic. Hardaway? Seth? They should be 4th, 5th, 6th options. Brunson too.

I think teams are always going to scheme to get the ball out of Lukas hands and luckily we have RC who is crafty enough to counter.. But we desperately need a guy quick off the bounce who can make a team pay and also simply to give Luka some rest from the heavy useage. I like Burke but I worry about having/paying/playing so many small guys without the defensive chops of Lowrey and Van Vleet. With MLE the priority should be big long wings who can guard 3-5. Maybe we get one or two guys like that in the draft? Maybe we don’t love the options in FA and give Burke a chunk of the MLE? I just wonder about committing resources and minutes to Burke if you have already have smallish guards in Brunson and Seth not to mention what happens if we can’t offload Delon? Where will the minutes come from? Maybe we look to move Brunson in the right deal?

I think Burke was/is for us a smaller version of what Utah traded for in Clarkson. They were another team that lacked creators, even pre Bogdan injury. If they think he can give reliably give the team Clarkson like production for half the cost maybe that’s a good value? I think Clarkson gets someone’s MLE or close to it.
Yeah, I buy all of this. I don't know, it could've been a flash in the pan hot streak, but I just have a good feeling about Burke. I just feel like you lock him in and then move some of those other small guys out. But your point is taken, for sure.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2020, 10:16 AM   #162
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Yeah, I buy all of this. I don't know, it could've been a flash in the pan hot streak, but I just have a good feeling about Burke. I just feel like you lock him in and then move some of those other small guys out. But your point is taken, for sure.
I still think a trade with the Sixers with Curry and Richardson being the center pieces is something that should be initiated by Donnie. Seems like there could be win-win situation because both players would fill needs of the other team.

They get a much needed veteran shooter and we get a legit 3-D wing who can handle the ball.

Would Curry/#18 for Richardson/#34 or #36 have any chance?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:13 PM   #163
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I still think a trade with the Sixers with Curry and Richardson being the center pieces is something that should be initiated by Donnie. Seems like there could be win-win situation because both players would fill needs of the other team.

They get a much needed veteran shooter and we get a legit 3-D wing who can handle the ball.

Would Curry/#18 for Richardson/#34 or #36 have any chance?
Could be. There is the variable of new coach in Philly. That could work in our favor or new coach could have a vision for how to use Richardson better.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:44 PM   #164
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

No way in hell I give up Curry + 18 for Richardson... I even hesitate to give up Curry alone. Curry + Jackson for Richardson + Thybulle, take it or leave it.

Philly doesn't have a lot of leverage when it comes to trade talks (especially for the statistically best three point shooter in the NBA) and IMO we should do everything in our power to keep #18 and lock up a decent player on a rookie deal.

Edit: Curry basically shot 60/50/100 in the playoffs. His stock is sky high and if we're going to ship him off we should demand a hell of a deal.

Last edited by tap2390; 09-07-2020 at 03:45 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:19 PM   #165
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah you dont throw away a top-3 shooter in the NBA on a bargain contract. Yes, his defense is pretty bad but your target should be to improve the overall defense so you find more spots to play Curry heavy minutes without trading points because of bad defense.

Richardson is an UFA next summer. If they want him, they can also just overpay him a few million each year. He wont walk away from additional 10m+ with his "limited" career earnings so far
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:48 AM   #166
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Or just draft a 3 and D guy? Shocking how many people are underestimating the value of the 18 pick in this draft. There are a TON of quality players that will be available then.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:22 AM   #167
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Or just draft a 3 and D guy? Shocking how many people are underestimating the value of the 18 pick in this draft. There are a TON of quality players that will be available then.
To be fair, historically our odds aren't great with those picks. Outside the top 10, the odds of getting a strong player are fairly low.

18th
20% were starters or stars.
25% were role players with starting potential (5th man to 10th man)
55% were bench players or total busts.

31st
5% were starters or stars (no stars were drafted at 31)
50% were role players with starting potential (5th man to 10th man)
45% were bench players or total busts.

Probablly less than 50% with each pick that we'll get a player capable of starting for a playoff team, but uness we get a super sweet deal, I think it's the best wager we can make. You can flip a coin twice and get tails twice. We may very well fail with both picks, but if we get even one starter on a cheap deal out of those two picks, I think we have to go that way.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #168
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well there is no way covid doesn't affect the cap, and that means you're gonna have to get smart with contracts. That means taking the draft serious regardless of whether we're a playoff team or not. If 18 gets us a third star in a trader, then great, all the power to doing it. Otherwise, the talent available at that pick is definitely worth a shot. Bey, Terry, Lewis Jr are all going to be rotation players at the very least IMO. I just feel like you can easily get a Josh Richardson versus having to give up big value to get him.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-08-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #169
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well there is no way covid doesn't affect the cap, and that means you're gonna have to get smart with contracts. That means taking the draft serious regardless of whether we're a playoff team or not. If 18 gets us a third star in a trader, then great, all the power to doing it. Otherwise, the talent available at that pick is definitely worth a shot. Bey, Terry, Lewis Jr are all going to be rotation players at the very least IMO. I just feel like you can easily get a Josh Richardson versus having to give up big value to get him.
I think the league might actually take some risks in an effort to prevent the pandemic from affecting the cap. While it would seem logical to lower it, I've heard that they're very focused on preventing a future cap spike like the one that enabled Durant to sign with GS. It will be interesting how they handle this.

Just an aside, and not meant to argue your overall point. Obviously, being smart with talent acquisition is important, and that includes finding contributors on rookie contracts, even in normal cap situations.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:22 PM   #170
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to imagine what will happen with viewership (profits) falling so much.

The biggest losses are nationally televised game viewership, which is fine for the regular season because they're making up the revenue with online/digital/a la carte packages, but now the the playoffs are here which means every game is nationally televised and the numbers are down precipitously (12% year over year) and it's not a one-year trend. We've been falling for four years despite fairly strong profits.

The NBA could try to correct for COVID by doing a future projection, but with four consecutive years of viewership shrinkage, it's hard to paint a rosey picture-- or even know where we're headed.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-08-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:54 PM   #171
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It's hard to imagine what will happen with viewership (profits) falling so much.

The biggest losses are nationally televised game viewership, which is fine for the regular season because they're making up the revenue with online/digital/a la carte packages, but now the the playoffs are here which means every game is nationally televised and the numbers are down precipitously (12% year over year) and it's not a one-year trend. We've been falling for four years despite fairly strong profits.

The NBA could try to correct for COVID by doing a future projection, but with four consecutive years of viewership shrinkage, it's hard to paint a rosey picture-- or even know where we're headed.
I agree, that's an issue they're facing. I saw demo percentages the other day, and they were strong, so it seems like this is a result of cord cutting (fewer viewers for anything). I know I'm not paying for cable just to watch sports, when streaming is way more convenient and cheaper (for now).

I gotta think the sports world will figure out how to get over this hurdle, eventually. But yeah, it's currently a problem.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 09-08-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:29 PM   #172
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

It still baffles me how they can even keep track of viewership with regards to streamers. I just bought hulu live for a month then cancelled it once the Mavs season was over.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #173
KillerLeft

Quote:
It still baffles me how they can even keep track of viewership with regards to streamers. I just bought hulu live for a month then cancelled it once the Mavs season was over.
How was it? Worth the money? Did you get the FSSW feed, or the national feed?
Old 09-08-2020, 07:07 PM   #174
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Shams Charania: The NBA and NBPA have agreed to push back key dates such as Oct. 16 draft, Oct. 18 free agency and 2020-21 season, sources tell @The Athletic @Stadium. New dates will be determined later. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:04 PM   #175
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
How was it? Worth the money? Did you get the FSSW feed, or the national feed?
Both. It's really expensive (60 a month), but you can cancel or switch to the regular streaming anytime. In fact, since I was already a customer, I only had to pay for half the month when I singed up, and then the 60 after that.

Negative is the feeds do get interrupted. It's something that streaming live hasn't quite figured out yet.

Old 09-08-2020, 09:53 PM   #176
KillerLeft

Quote:
Both. It's really expensive (60 a month), but you can cancel or switch to the regular streaming anytime. In fact, since I was already a customer, I only had to pay for half the month when I singed up, and then the 60 after that.

Negative is the feeds do get interrupted. It's something that streaming live hasn't quite figured out yet.
$60 is too much.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:15 PM   #177
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Draft moved Back to november 18th...aff
Old 09-09-2020, 05:54 PM   #178
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Draft moved Back to november 18th...aff
Old 09-10-2020, 11:29 AM   #179
tap2390
Diamond Member

Default My Mavs Big Board

1) Anthony Edwards
2) James Wiseman
3) Isaac Okoro
4) Obi Toppin
5) Tyrese Haliburton
6) Killian Hayes
7) Deni Avdija
8) Patrick Williams
9) Devin Vassell
10) Tyrell Terry
11) Tyrese Maxey
12) Onyeka Okongwu
13) Saddiq Bey
14) Jahmius Ramsey
15) Kira Lewis
16) Josh Green
17) Precious Achiuwa
18) Isaiah Stewart
19) Aaron Nesmith
20) Cole Anthony
21) Immanuel Quickley
22) Desmond Bane
23) Theo Maledon
24) Tyler Bey
25) Paul Reed
26) Jalen Smith
27) Nico Mannion
28) Devin Dotson
29) Elijah Hughes
30) Robert Woodard

OFF MY BOARD: LaMelo Ball (talent not worth the hassle)

JUST MISSED THE CUT: Cassius Stanley, Jaden McDaniels, Tre Jones

Last edited by tap2390; 09-10-2020 at 11:30 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:42 PM   #180
KillerLeft

Man, I wholeheartedly agree about anyone whose last name is Ball. F that.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:52 PM   #181
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ball gives me Josh Howard.vibes
Old 09-10-2020, 01:25 PM   #182
KillerLeft

Quote:
Ball gives me Josh Howard.vibes
In a good way, or a bad way? That guy gave the team a lot before it went south.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:49 PM   #183
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

As a life long TCU fan, gimmie Desmond Bane. At pick 18 it might be debatable but no way he is there at 31. Really good strong defender, elite level 3pt shooter, can distribute and has an extremely high motor. Immediately becomes the best defensive guard on the team.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 02:18 PM   #184
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
In a good way, or a bad way? That guy gave the team a lot before it went south.
Both.

Super skilled. Lots of motivation, but lacks social skills or leadership. May not have longetivity in the league because of attitude and ability to get along with others.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:47 PM   #185
KillerLeft

Quote:
Both.

Super skilled. Lots of motivation, but lacks social skills or leadership. May not have longetivity in the league because of attitude and ability to get along with others.
Yeah, I'll co-sign this. And, for perspective, I think Howard actually had a good career in college with a good coach, so he was far more likely to figure that stuff out than Ball, who has spent the last three years getting yanked off of any roster where the coach tried to teach him anything.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #186
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
As a life long TCU fan, gimmie Desmond Bane. At pick 18 it might be debatable but no way he is there at 31. Really good strong defender, elite level 3pt shooter, can distribute and has an extremely high motor. Immediately becomes the best defensive guard on the team.
Just watched him some again. Main concern is slow and low release on 3’s. Doesn’t get much lift either. Concern against NBA close outs. Also he’s 6’5 or so but maybe not much wingspan. Do you think he can potentially guard 1-3 or just twos and threes? Hard to get a feel for how they move hips and feet from highlight reels. That he played for Jamie Dixon bodes well. Can’t play for him if you aren’t capable of playing tough, physical man to man defense, so there will be plenty of tape of him on that end. I watched his teams for many years at Pitt and his guys really get after it and compete defensively.

Last edited by mac222b; 09-10-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:37 PM   #187
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
1) Anthony Edwards
2) James Wiseman
3) Isaac Okoro
4) Obi Toppin
5) Tyrese Haliburton
6) Killian Hayes
7) Deni Avdija
8) Patrick Williams
9) Devin Vassell
10) Tyrell Terry
11) Tyrese Maxey
12) Onyeka Okongwu
13) Saddiq Bey
14) Jahmius Ramsey
15) Kira Lewis
16) Josh Green
17) Precious Achiuwa
18) Isaiah Stewart
19) Aaron Nesmith
20) Cole Anthony
21) Immanuel Quickley
22) Desmond Bane
23) Theo Maledon
24) Tyler Bey
25) Paul Reed
26) Jalen Smith
27) Nico Mannion
28) Devin Dotson
29) Elijah Hughes
30) Robert Woodard

OFF MY BOARD: LaMelo Ball (talent not worth the hassle)

JUST MISSED THE CUT: Cassius Stanley, Jaden McDaniels, Tre Jones
I’ve developed a crush on McDaniels. He really knows how to get to his spots and rise up with length. Like Michael Porter Jr. Uses the glass well. Potentially good defender and rebounder. Of course he’s not nearly as polished as Porter but he has gifts. Kind of guy that won’t get past OKC or Boston as we like to say around here. I could see Portland taking him as they go BPA and don’t mind waiting on young guys. He’s like a more skilled Bazley only less cerebral.

Last edited by mac222b; 09-10-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:05 PM   #188
sefant77
Guru

I think Toppin is the last thing the Mavs need. Picking this year around #5-7 and i would probably take 14 other player ahead of him
Old 09-10-2020, 07:16 PM   #189
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I think Toppin is the last thing the Mavs need. Picking this year around #5-7 and i would probably take 14 other player ahead of him
I’m higher on Toppin than most. He reminds me of a better all-around Aaron Gordon.

I really like Bane’s ability to catch and shoot off screens. I think he’s going to have a long 3&D career despite his negative wingspan and relative lack of explosiveness.

Not a huge Jaden McDaniels guy but the tools are definitely there. I’m just not sure I see him putting it all together.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:55 PM   #190
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Just watched him some again. Main concern is slow and low release on 3’s. Doesn’t get much lift either. Concern against NBA close outs. Also he’s 6’5 or so but maybe not much wingspan. Do you think he can potentially guard 1-3 or just twos and threes? Hard to get a feel for how they move hips and feet from highlight reels. That he played for Jamie Dixon bodes well. Can’t play for him if you aren’t capable of playing tough, physical man to man defense, so there will be plenty of tape of him on that end. I watched his teams for many years at Pitt and his guys really get after it and compete defensively.
I thought he was legit 6'6". His positioning, anticipation and activity defensively make up for any lack of wingspan. I specifically recorded all TCU games because of him the last 2+ seasons. Even in his highlight and scouting vids he is often defended by longer wings because it's hard to keep up with him off the ball. Best bet is to have those longer arms and close out because he runs off screens well and has as high of a motor as anyone I recall. I see him as a Ray Allen/ Brogdan type mix. If people are interested in a guy being high IQ and mature enough to roll into an NBA team, I'd bet on him. Especially with Luka running the offense.

I think he could take the best opposing offensive guard now and has potential to guard 1-3 but would be ready for high level longer wings after a CPL months. Much like Luka, you can use him earlier than a lot of other draftees, plug and play ready

Gotta love the porn music to this scout video. Lol
https://youtu.be/9R-9RwE7aOM

Look how much he runs off ball. Many times he is WIDE ass open for a 3.
https://youtu.be/47tczQYmpNs

He is a great example of the difference between having athleticism and being a highflyer. He CAN get up and throw it down but he has too many tools for that to be a focal point imo.
https://youtu.be/xqU_bcmSNWo

He has always had decent hops but most importantly he goes strong. Might not always posterize defenders but he is agressive enough to damn sure try and he has got a few .
https://youtu.be/eHUpbsiXfNY

Last edited by SMC0007; 09-10-2020 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:21 PM   #191
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I thought he was legit 6'6". His positioning, anticipation and activity defensively make up for any lack of wingspan. I specifically recorded all TCU games because of him the last 2+ seasons. Even in his highlight and scouting vids he is often defended by longer wings because it's hard to keep up with him off the ball. Best bet is to have those longer arms and close out because he runs off screens well and has as high of a motor as anyone I recall. I see him as a Ray Allen/ Brogdan type mix. If people are interested in a guy being high IQ and mature enough to roll into an NBA team, I'd bet on him. Especially with Luka running the offense.

I think he could take the best opposing offensive guard now and has potential to guard 1-3 but would be ready for high level longer wings after a CPL months. Much like Luka, you can use him earlier than a lot of other draftees, plug and play ready

Gotta love the porn music to this scout video. Lol
https://youtu.be/9R-9RwE7aOM

Look how much he runs off ball. Many times he is WIDE ass open for a 3.
https://youtu.be/47tczQYmpNs

He is a great example of the difference between having athleticism and being a highflyer. He CAN get up and throw it down but he has too many tools for that to be a focal point imo.
https://youtu.be/xqU_bcmSNWo

He has always had decent hops but most importantly he goes strong. Might not always posterize defenders but he is agressive enough to damn sure try and he has got a few .
https://youtu.be/eHUpbsiXfNY

thanks for the vids
his release does look kind funky but his % was pretty high

he looks like he's built very solidly
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:21 AM   #192
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
I’m higher on Toppin than most. He reminds me of a better all-around Aaron Gordon.

I really like Bane’s ability to catch and shoot off screens. I think he’s going to have a long 3&D career despite his negative wingspan and relative lack of explosiveness.

Not a huge Jaden McDaniels guy but the tools are definitely there. I’m just not sure I see him putting it all together.
Oh he has probably the biggest bust to star ratio in this draft. Could easily see him washing out. Was just reading an article about his techs and turnovers and how he was benched. They had a talented team and were pretty terrible.

On the other hand: he’s only 19, he has really nice handles for a guy with his length and athleticism. He has good footwork, a legit spin move. Nice touch from mid range. He has NBA range(he hit some deep 3s in the videos I watched). His rebound&blocks numbers were good. He has a little playmaking ability. Really reminds me of Porter Jr. or a larger, more athletic Middleton. Especially in the way he uses his handle and size and footwork to get to his spots at all three levels. I think he will have trouble finishing until he bulks up, he seems to shy away from contact. Character issues may keep him off our board, but I’m curious to see who takes him and how far he slides.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:40 AM   #193
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA has locked in Nov. 18 for the 2020 draft, sources told Adrian Wojnarowski.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:40 AM   #194
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
The NBA has locked in Nov. 18 for the 2020 draft, sources told Adrian Wojnarowski.
Booooo! it was originally planned for October 16th and thought it was just a month away
Old 09-16-2020, 10:47 AM   #195
tap2390
Diamond Member

Newest NBADraft.net mock has us ending up with Tyrell Terry and Isaiah Stewart. I can’t imagine the draft being much better than that.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:49 AM   #196
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Newest NBADraft.net mock has us ending up with Tyrell Terry and Isaiah Stewart. I can’t imagine the draft being much better than that.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:00 AM   #197
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Would be more than happy with that. People are sleeping on Terry.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #198
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Give me Terry or Lewis.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:51 PM   #199
SMC0007
Guru

Terry has a ton of potential. Just hope no one expects him to be NBA ready defensively.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:27 PM   #200
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Is it crazy that I just want a Terry on this team at all times?