Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2005, 04:03 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Questionable three way - Dal/LA/Sac

What would you think about this trade? I am not sure it works, but I think it will by the current CBA

Dallas:
Marquis Daniels to Sacramento
TAW to LA Lakers

Sacramento:
Peja to LA Lakers

LA Lakers:
Lamar Odem to Dallas
Caron Butler to Sacramento
Luke Walton to Dallas

Why would Dallas do it?
To get another talented/athletic Big. To move TAW contract. To resolve the crunch at swingman. Get a young guy in Walton.
I am not sure that Odem is the answer to the athletic 4/5 when he is really a 3/4 -- but IMO, he has tons of talent, and can block some shots.

Why would Sacramento do it?
Get young talents in Butler and Daniels for a player that is wanting to move to LA to be with his buddy Vlade. Peja would probably have to force this one.
I am not sure that Sac would move Peja, but with his playoff meltdowns, maybe if he pushed hard enough.

Why would LA do it?
Get their Pippen in Peja for Kobe... and clear cap space with the TAW contract - immediate cut.
If they aquire a defensive Big....watch out. They would be fairly set on offense with Kobe, Peja, Mihm in the triangle. Atkins on spot-up, and Grant/defensive big clean-up. I could definately see Phil making this work.

Curious as to others thoughts of why/why not this would/wouldn't happen.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote