Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future
Default Ben Wallace For Kirilenko?

Ben Wallace For Kirilenko?
February 10, 2008 - 7:24 am

Chicago Tribune - Ben Wallace appears to be on the block, being offered to the Lakers before Pau Gasol landed in L.A., and more recently being linked to the Knicks.

Another scenario, Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune is reporting, could be sending Wallace to the Utah Jazz for Andrei Kirilenko.

According to Smith, trading Kirilenko for Wallace would save the Jazz $21 million as Kirilenko is paid more annually than Wallace. With an extension, most likely for the max, coming up for Deron Williams it may make sense.

In the off season Kirilenko was upset at the Jazz and asked to be traded, and while his play and attitude do not appear to have been a distraction for Utah this season, he has never actually rescinded that trade request.

Asked by reporters about a trade, according to Smith, Kirilenko hardly said he would like to stay.

"It's not that I want to be traded, but I'm ready to be," he said. "Anybody in this league, they understand that position. Nobody wants to be traded. We're playing good. And I want to be part of it. But, again, it's a business—and it's not in my hands."

Wallace has told friends that he expects to be traded, and according to Smith the New York Knicks are high on his preference list.

"I just go out and do what I do," he said. "I'm fine with how it's going. Again, that's on management. There are a lot of teams out there making deals, trying to get better. Who knows? It don't worry me. It's a part of the business. If they're going to trade you, there's not much you can do. You have the best job in the world. It would just be in a different city. It don't bother me. The only time it starts bothering me is when nobody wants me."

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Utah would have to have the intelligence of a 3rd grader to do that. Actually 3rd graders have the smarts to keep the better thing for themselves.

then again Sam Smith is not only one of the worst sports writers out there he's also Chicago press.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-10-2008 at 09:15 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, why would anyone want Wallace at all? He's useless on the court and has 2 years left on his contract for a total of 28 mil. Wallace is just about untradeable.

Seriously, letting Chandler go for Wallace was one of the stupidest, maybe the stupides move, by any NBA franchise in the past decade or so. I wonder how good Chicago would be right now if they had kept Chandler.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-10-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote